xcaliber08

Screamscape Report: KI Hypercoaster in the works for 2009

i was just about to put that picture on that, but u beat me to it TOPGUN. I really like how this is turning out. I'd say expect an announcement around May 2008 at the earliest. They will try to sell all the passes for 2008 before any announcement for 2009.

Interesting find. Now my only concern is that CF will go on another of their tree-smashing frenzies. I really hope that for this ride they keep as much of the forest intact as possible, much like what was done with The Beast when it was built. Otherwise I just think that a lot of the effect would be lost. Which would suck. :mad:

Yes, I do agree. I hope they keep the tree smashing to a minimum, a very, very, very small minimum. Because teh woods would make it seem so secluded and add to the ultimate thrill...

This coaster has the potential to be simply amazing... if the trees remain intact. Without them, this coaster would have to strictly rely on it's design.

I mean, if you put the Beast on a big, empty plot of land, (like Firehawk, only much bigger), I think the ride would be... I hate to say this, but boring. The trees make that ride, it gives the impression that you are going so much faster then you really are.

A plus for keeping the trees though, wouldn't it be cheaper? Less trees to remove equals less money spent on removing them, which equals, for us guest, a better ride experience.

Wheres the sign up list for the construction tour? :P

(I can't tell you how disappointed I would be if nothing materializes out of this though.)

Edited by Hendrick

your right the ride for me i'd rate a 2 out of 5 but with the trees especially the over head branches......

do you think the ride will have a splash down at the end(real splash not like IJST) or a tunnel?

your right the ride for me i'd rate a 2 out of 5 but with the trees especially the over head branches......

do you think the ride will have a splash down at the end(real splash not like IJST) or a tunnel?

so a ... hyper water coaster

With a splash that big it'd be neat to having a viewing area near. Or should I say splashing area?

With a splash that big it'd be neat to having a viewing area near. Or should I say splashing area?

such as congo falls ?

such as congo falls ?

yeah basically

such as congo falls ?

yeah basically

speaking of trtr i heard they droping the frount row

^^Yeah, because Firehawk is basically just an extension of Nickelodeon Universe into the X-Base area...........

:huh:

Edited by Dvo

Why not Purple? That would be SO DIFFERENT! How about that? or Pink... I don't mean to make the roller coaster gay but it will be different... :-)

your right that is different, i like that idea

but this is the type of Splash down i was talking about they could build maybe a board walk closer so you can get wet like this guy did....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QH8Ht4lZQgE&feature=related

This doesn't look like a true spashdown. That appears to be two jets of water shot upwards out of the back of the train. Can someone who has actually ridden it confirm that for me?

the kiddie area takes up way too much space imo....

You'll change your mind about that statement when you're older and have kids of your own. Just wait. ;)

but this is the type of Splash down i was talking about they could build maybe a board walk closer so you can get wet like this guy did....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QH8Ht4lZQgE&feature=related

This doesn't look like a true spashdown. That appears to be two jets of water shot upwards out of the back of the train. Can someone who has actually ridden it confirm that for me?

In my opinion, it sure looks like there is fins that create the splash. I made a red rectangle around em.

fins.png

Edited by Hendrick

Yup, those fins, or water chutes, are what create the splash. Not a true splash-down, but done more for show than anything else.

Yup, those fins, or water chutes, are what create the splash. Not a true splash-down, but done more for show than anything else.

OK, that makes sense. I missed the fins the first 16 times I watched the video trying to figure out how it was done. That makes more sense than putting something like the WWC geysers (or IJ:ST geysers, or Hulk geysers, etc.) on the back of each train like I originally thought it was! But still not a TRUE splashdown. B)

The splash in the video is actually called a "WATER BRAKE" It actually, even though you can not see it slows the train down. The fins that hang down are called "SCOUPS" the scoups can be changed. If Griffon had the round scoups rather than the square, it would produce MORE over spray. The rooster tails are contained better with the square scoups. SheiKra in Florida has round scoups for a bigger over spray in the summer and it has square scoups in the winter to control the spray better.

As far as this video goes, the video does not do it justice. I have never been on Griffon or to BGW for that mater, but I have been on SheiKra which also has the water brake as well, and trust me, it is VERY impressive!

The problem with doing a water brake on a a 4 across coaster is that there is not enough train that hangs over to put the scoups on the train. You can not physically put the track in the water, which is why SheiKra and Griffon run through troughs. If you hit water at 70 MPH with a pilot coach and 9 passenger cars the train will stop in the water. It also will be very painful for anyone sitting near a wheel assembly.

As far as the inverted coaster and airtime hills, look at this?

The Fire dragon has the air time hill above the Ice dragon's zero-g roll

between 40 and 50 seconds into the video you can see the trains pass at the airtime hill and the zero-g roll

It is a sensational pop of air that a train with a floor can not give. SO it CAN be done.

But If I am on an inverted coaster I would rather be a littl high in the air because the inverted coaster was designed to simulate flying originally BEFORE they invented the flying coaster.

The problem I see with an inverted coaster with airtime is the shoulder harnesses. Ouch! If there were lap bars instead of harnesses--fine, but otherwise--ouch! I'd rather just have the normal hypercoaster over the inverted.

The problem I see with an inverted coaster with airtime is the shoulder harnesses. Ouch! If there were lap bars instead of harnesses--fine, but otherwise--ouch! I'd rather just have the normal hypercoaster over the inverted.

THat is not the case, the air time on the Fire Dragon is great. IT isn't as painfull as you might think. Actually, it isn't painfull at all

This just came to me if this does get built what do you think it will be called?

I personally think it should be called Gargantuan!

They need more unique names....

Edited by calakapepe