xcaliber08

Screamscape Report: KI Hypercoaster in the works for 2009

Sheikra was probably (hopefully) under construction by 2004, since it opened in '05 (I think?)

I dont think they would still have parts laying in the company's lot if the ride came out in '05.

^ Or that to ;)

Those where taken this year (2007) I forgot to mention the date settings where wrong. Sorry.

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtop...70&start=98

Scroll down into the thread on that page to see pics of the coaster I am takling about.

Apparently the blue supports i seen at the factory are for Behemoth. I didn't see the yellow supports, perhaps they had already shipped those.

Yeah I seen that track 2 the other day the plant in is Batavia like 5 min away from me.

They had Behemoth out there a month ago, I haven't been by there in a while. I wonder what they are doing now.

i know about A lot of B&M's (vids) but for dive coasters in US i can only think of Like you Griffon, and Sheika,....oh yea and Oblivion(isn't that the first Vertical coaster in US?)

Oblivion was the prototype dive machine when it was installed at Alton Towers way back in 1998.

The one problem with the dive machine coasters is,due to the weight of the trains the track requires much more steel than a conventional B&M design which in turn drives up the overall cost,that in turn usually leads to the finished product having a relatively compact & short layout.

If KI does get a B&M hyper in 2009 I would hope that they stick with the 4 abreast seating design & not the v-wing trains used on behemoth though because those just don't look right.

I hope they do use the new prototype trains. I've always had an issue with the elbow room on B&Ms, that shouldn't be a problem with the new trains.

I for one think the new trains look cool. Its something that looks different and would bring a different experience to a ride i would think which is what every new coaster is supposed to bring i thought, a new experience.

This thery of getting a hyper B&M coaster for 09 is starting to make me think that this could be true. The reason I think this is because Kings Dominion and Canda's Wonderland are both getting B&M's this coming year makes me want to think that maby so more will be on its way for more of the Cedar Fair parks. :D

So, screamscape updated the KI coaster rumor. They say the layout for the new coaster coming in 2009 is in the First Drop magazine Issues 79. The only problem is that the issue is not on the website so the layout isn't visible. They do talk about the layout and they say it will come close to Beast's helix.

So, screamscape updated the KI coaster rumor. They say the layout for the new coaster coming in 2009 is in the First Drop magazine Issues 79. The only problem is that the issue is not on the website so the layout isn't visible. They do talk about the layout and they say it will come close to Beast's helix.

Yeah I read about that and I'm looking forward to the new addition to Kings Island! I was looking on Kings Island website to find more information about it. I wonder what would it be called... any guess?

Rough drawings have been posted by Scream Scape.

2009 - B&M Hypercoaster - Rumor - (11/13/07) Inspired by the drawing in First Drop and reports from my own sources about the new B&M Hypercoaster, I’ve drawn up two possible layouts for the coaster over an aerial image of the park. We’ve heard that the ride may be given some kind of monster / creature / dragon theme. I’ve also been told that the proposal for the three giant drops should be fairly interesting, starting off with a 210 foot drop, a 170 second drop and then using terrain the third drop may be as high as 240 feet.

db_2009_HypercoasterLayout11.jpg

db_2009_HypercoasterLayout21.jpg

Once again, this is his own personal idea. But he did say this is similar to the drawlings in the FirstDrop magazine.