xcaliber08

Screamscape Report: KI Hypercoaster in the works for 2009

I know screamscape isn't the most reliable source, but sometimes they're right.

New Coaster - Rumor - (11/5/07) Two Screamscape sources back up the claims that a new Hypercoaster is indeed in the works for Kings Island in 2009, adding to it that B&M may be involved. However while the coaster itself may be great, we’ve heard that there is some concern over the location of the ride’s station and that they are going to destroy the atmosphere of the area near The Beast in the process. It’s possible this is just a coincidence, but we’ve heard that the park may have already started clearing out some of the brush and trees around “swan lake” in front of The Beast and Tomb Raider.

They first reported the trains.

I hope this is true.... I would love this. I just wonder if all this information coming out so early... might push them to bump up the press release to sometime this year, and then advertise this thing to no end.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Look what happened with X-Flight/Firehawk, I was told last November that X-Flight was being moved to Kings Island. Of course the official release didn't come out till February. It may have been a good guess, or someone on the inside is leaking information.

Yeah, as much as I would hope this is true, I always take Screamscape rumors with a grain of salt. And I really don't know how I would feel if they do build it out by The Beast. I always have, and always will, feel that The Beast should be kept as an intense, out-of-control ride through the secluded forest behind KI. If a new coaster comes out in that area, I really feel that it would ruin the atmosphere of the ride. Now, if the ride would only be around the lift and brake run areas, and go back out behind Tomb Raider, I could live with that, but I would honestly feel better if they kept the majority of The Beast secluded.

When I first heard of it, I agreed with you DiSab. However, the more I thought about it, I don't think it would effect the ride all that much. The first half of the ride is off by itself... I doubt the ride would take that direction. The only part I could see it effecting is the helix. However, in my opinion, I don't pay that much attention there to the woods. I mean, you are focusing so much on that helix. And the tunnel is covering the side that would face the new coaster.

We'll see how this works out. I more so think that WWC will be effected the most, looking at Google Earth.

Yes, plus the double helix is not really in the woods, more like an open clearing, and you can still see other rides from that point. Vortex, TRTR, the Eiffel Tower, and for 2009, a shiny new B&M hypercoaster! ^_^

I heard this on "The other site" as well. If this comes true, the only thing KI would need is an Intamin Giga!

Edited by TOPGUN1993

I would like to see a new coaster especially a B&M since we dont have one. It wouldnt matter to me if it went by the helix on Beast since you wouldnt see much of it and that part of the ride is pretty much open area. White Water Canyon i could also live with seeing it either taken out for a new coaster or just seeing a coaster train fly by while on the ride would really be awesome.

To me a new coaster is a new coaster right now with how bad Cedar Fair is in debt i dont mind what kindve coaster it is and where it goes just as long as i can ride it.

i'd really like to have a B&M Hyper though i'd rather have a cross between hyper&Twister B&M.....(I've never ridden a B&M coaster)

same here i wish we get one because i have never riddening one. (sorry not a good speller)

I really want to know how much their planning on spending on this. I can easily see it getting over priced real quick. Mostly because the land formation, as well as clearing those trees. The trees alone cannot be cheap.

i'd really like to have a B&M Hyper though i'd rather have a cross between hyper&Twister B&M.....(I've never ridden a B&M coaster)

Oh my you have been deprived a very happy coaster loving life!

B&M are the BEST coasters out there. Busch Gardens in Tampa has 3 of the best. Kings Island should do a twister like Kumba.

A dive machine would be awesome, but Busch Gardens still owns the rights to the dive machine in the US for a few more years. They signed an exclusive contract with B&M about the dive machines when SheiKra went up. (From an inside source.)

Now that you mention it, I can only think of SheiKra and Griffon as the only dive coasters in the country... that is indeed weird. But smart on BG- have it so no other park can add a taller or better until then.

i know about A lot of B&M's (vids) but for dive coasters in US i can only think of Like you Griffon, and Sheika,....oh yea and Oblivion(isn't that the first Vertical coaster in US?)

When I first heard of it, I agreed with you DiSab. However, the more I thought about it, I don't think it would effect the ride all that much. The first half of the ride is off by itself... I doubt the ride would take that direction. The only part I could see it effecting is the helix. However, in my opinion, I don't pay that much attention there to the woods. I mean, you are focusing so much on that helix. And the tunnel is covering the side that would face the new coaster.

We'll see how this works out. I more so think that WWC will be effected the most, looking at Google Earth.

Yeah, I'd actually agree with that. As long as they would keep the first part of the ride secluded out in the woods, I'd be fine with a new one near the helix. :ph34r:

wait so wasn't someone saying that B&M have signed a contract not to build more dive coasters in the US for x amount of time?

Yes, I am the one who said this. I have friends in management who knows. There are a total of 5 dive machines: http://rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=123

Oblivian (sp?)

G-5

SheiKra

Griffon

no name dive coaster, which I think is a SheiKra clone.

B&M has their tracks fabricated here in the US, and I live 15 minutes from the place who fabricates them. The 5th Dive Machine is in the same exact colors as SheiKra.

Edited by Sheikra_rocks

R u sure these r not the SheiKra parts since they r in 2004, which is before SheiKra was built.