Sign in to follow this  
Rumor Smasher

Villain's train spotted at KI

Now matter who owns the park, it will be about money. If the parks not making money, the company wont want anything to do with it (see Geauga Lake). Its up to the company to create a good business strategy for promoting and bringing guests into that park.

Paramount wasn't all about makeing money, they weren't cheap, like cedar fair is, do u think that if paramount ownd the parks still, they would of gotten a use ride? I think not. Theres a fine line between Cheap and Careing. If cedar fair cared I can tell you now that they would of worked something out with GL, not takeing out half the park.

Flight of fear wasn't going anywhere; it was going get rethemed into some music thing(atleast that whats was said to me)

Edit:Was going to be rethemed to "SoundWave" or "The SoundWave"

Edited by Rumor Smasher

Flight of fear wasn't going anywhere; it was going get rethemed into some music thing(atleast that whats was said to me)

Edit:Was going to be rethemed to "SoundWave" or "The SoundWave"

Was, until that plan fell through, and they decided on removing it.

Paramount wasn't all about makeing money, they weren't cheap, like cedar fair is, do u think that if paramount ownd the parks still, they would of gotten a use ride? I think not. Theres a fine line between Cheap and Careing. If cedar fair cared I can tell you now that they would of worked something out with GL, not takeing out half the park.

Paramount wasn't in massive debt either, like CF is where they are forced to be cheap. Keep in mind the last year under (CBS) Paramount, things were worse than they are now. The park was a nasty mess with trash everywhere, atleast CF brought in several cosmetic improvements and upped the operations budget from what Paramount had it at. Also why does it matter if the ride came from another park? Firehawk is fantastic and most of the GP doesnt know nor do they even care, its still a new attraction and a damned good one.

Under (CBS) Paramount the KD Flight of Fear was set to be relocated to Canada's Wonderland for the 2007 season and KI's would go to Carowinds for the 2008 season with all the parks receiving not yet planned or specified attractions. This was to be part of CBS cost cutting "Ride Rotation" program similar to the one Six Flags had in the 80's, although due to the CF purchase the ride rotation program never saw life. I remember during the 06 season while riding FOF one morning, it was the 10 year anniversary of when Flight of Fear had been installed, someone had hung a "Happy Retirement" banner behind the drive box.

Edited by Dr. Steve Brule

KI currently has villain and wolf bob trains in its posession, 4 total. Dont be surprised if you see them being used on another wood coaster within the park next year. Cedar Fair loves Gerstauler trains.

I actually hope one of these trains goes on SoB next season. I was there tonight, and realized how much better the ride would run with three trains. There were times when both trains would be out of the station and running the course for several minutes. If three-train operation was utilized, it might mean that there would be a train on the final brakes, but at least there would always be a train in the station unloading and loading.

It certainly is a possibly, however I wouldn't count on it. Before the ride had the loop removed it only ran with two because it was found that 3 trains would be more of a hassle. The ride is set up in sections, each train can only be in a section at a time. Sections are called blocks. In order for a train to crest the lift hill, the train ahead of it has to clear the mid course breaks, in order for a train to clear the mid course breaks, the train ahead of it has to clear "ready" breaks that sit opposite of the station, and before a train can clear those "ready" breaks, the train ahead of it must be out of the station. So if you have a delay in the station with an injury or a disability loading or maybe someone getting sick, a train can get stuck in the station and then one in the ready breaks. That third train would get stuck out in the mid course breaks which is not an ideal thing for ride operators and employees. It takes quite a lot of time for a ride operator to get out to there. I doubt you see a third train added to SOB. However dont be surprised if Racer or BEast get some Gerstlauer trains.

Two things:

Those who say Paramount didn't install used rides: See: Borg: The Assimilator, Charlotte.

Those who say Cedar Fair doesn't do ride rotation. See X Flight. See Steel Venom. Oh, they were closing the park? Oh, really? We are told that decision was not made until after the season ended in 2oo7. Which is either true or it is not. And stay tuned. Ride rotation lives in all its splendor. . .

Edited by The Interpreter

It certainly is a possibly, however I wouldn't count on it. Before the ride had the loop removed it only ran with two because it was found that 3 trains would be more of a hassle. The ride is set up in sections, each train can only be in a section at a time. Sections are called blocks. In order for a train to crest the lift hill, the train ahead of it has to clear the mid course breaks, in order for a train to clear the mid course breaks, the train ahead of it has to clear "ready" breaks that sit opposite of the station, and before a train can clear those "ready" breaks, the train ahead of it must be out of the station. So if you have a delay in the station with an injury or a disability loading or maybe someone getting sick, a train can get stuck in the station and then one in the ready breaks. That third train would get stuck out in the mid course breaks which is not an ideal thing for ride operators and employees. It takes quite a lot of time for a ride operator to get out to there. I doubt you see a third train added to SOB. However dont be surprised if Racer or BEast get some Gerstlauer trains.

I never worked on SOB, so I do not know how it's breaks are set up. But isn't the final break run counted as two blocks? And if it isn't, couldn't they split it up into two blocks? It shouldn't be that much of a hassle.

No, the final break run is not, if it was two blocks then that would mean a train could clear the midcourse breaks even with a train in the ready breaks which would be bad if that train had not cleared teh ready breaks before the train behind it got there. On Beast, its break run is split into two blocks because it is long enough and has two sets of braking systems that can hold two trains, SOB can only hold one.

However if they wanted they could probably modify the section of track outside of the station to be an extra block. I doubt it will happen, if they could do it if they really want to run 3 trains.

Haven't posted in awhile, especially since I'm dealing with Astroworld, err Geauga Lake's demise at the moment.

Heaven forbid they stick those Gerstlauers on The Beast. Of course it would take a company like Cedar Fair to break what isn't broken in the first place. The PTC trains need to remain on Papa.

Since the Legend train is the same as the current trains on Sonny could it be canibalized for parts since it's already somewhat damaged from the incident on Wolf Bobs back in June?

No, the final break run is not, if it was two blocks then that would mean a train could clear the midcourse breaks even with a train in the ready breaks which would be bad if that train had not cleared teh ready breaks before the train behind it got there. On Beast, its break run is split into two blocks because it is long enough and has two sets of braking systems that can hold two trains, SOB can only hold one.

Isn't there brakes on that straightaway between the first drop and the station. I saw somewhere that SOB can run 4 trains so they should be able to run 3 without much hassel.

There are breaks there but they are not block breaks, originally in design the station was supposed to be lonnger and extend to where those breaks were to allow for a loading and unloading station however these plans were scrapped, SOB currently can in no way support 4 trains. It can support 3 with its current block system and may in the future. However, remember that SOB originally had 3 trains and it was found that 3 trains would not make a signifigant capacity difference and it would be easier to run the ride with 2. I doubt you see 3 trains on SOB again.

Remember Villain has 2 trains it ran and its third train was put on RWB. I bet those 3 trains end up on Beast and the other RWB train becomes a parts donor.

What about The Raging Wolf Bobds?

I bet that one will be sent to the junkyard after the crash last year.

As for the Villian, I don't really want it at KI. I rode it in 2006 and it was way to rough for me.

I think Kings Island should buy the Screetchin' Eagle from Middletown. It is a shame that coaster is just sitting there rotting away.

There are breaks there but they are not block breaks, originally in design the station was supposed to be lonnger and extend to where those breaks were to allow for a loading and unloading station however these plans were scrapped, SOB currently can in no way support 4 trains. It can support 3 with its current block system and may in the future. However, remember that SOB originally had 3 trains and it was found that 3 trains would not make a signifigant capacity difference and it would be easier to run the ride with 2. I doubt you see 3 trains on SOB again.

Remember Villain has 2 trains it ran and its third train was put on RWB. I bet those 3 trains end up on Beast and the other RWB train becomes a parts donor.

You also have to think that statistic was taken when SOB had longer trains, which meant for a longer unload/load times. With that reduced, a third train might now be efficient.

KI FOF was here to stay, but KD FOF is a whole differnt story.

KI's FOF was to be moved, it was not here to stay. That was not the only ride at KI on the rotation schedule for Paramount.