Sign in to follow this  
Rumor Smasher

Villain's train spotted at KI

I wasn't familiar with these two coasters since I never made it to GL (drove by it because I went to a wedding down the street from it, but never been in... I tried to talk the wife into going but I wasn't successful :( ). I wouldn't like to see the cars on any of our woodies. The Villain cars look cool, but I don't see them on Racer or Beast. IMO, you gotta keep the PTCs on Racer. It's a classic, and the cars fit that. Now if only we could have those original lap bars back... I feel sorry for those of that are too young to remember them. Back then there was a good reason for those "Please remain seated for the entire ride" signs.

When was the Racer re-fitted with the current restraints? I don't remember the Racer without the current restraints. And did The Beast only have the lap bar when it first opened? My Dad said that is all that he remembers when it first opened, but I haven't heard that anywhere else before.

Hopefully the other RWB train will end up on SOB.

^ If I remember correctly Racer got the orange ones in the late 80's / early 90's. Beast had the straight lap bar back then too. And there was no divider in the middle of the seat, both riders shared the same lap bar and the same "bench" for lack of a better word. All this led to A LOT more air time. They were also more comfortable IMO.

Edited by XGatorHead 8904

^ If I remember correctly Racer got the orange ones in the late 80's / early 90's. Beast had the straight lap bar back then too. And there was no divider in the middle of the seat, both riders shared the same lap bar and the same "bench" for lack of a better word. All this led to A LOT more air time. They were also more comfortable IMO.

Yah, that would be pretty cool. Is that when they switched from the 4 row cars to the 3 row cars?

IM pissed! those pictures were not to get posted! Scream Scape just put peoples jobs in danger. IM MAD

Didn't you post at least on a different site before?

Regardless, that guy (or gal) put his/her job into jeopardy the second they took those pictures with the intention to put them online.

Edited by Hendrick

O im sorry Interpreter, i was just giving my opinions, so I guess that my opinions are wrong? Well im sorry my friend but I don't think that OPINIONS can be true or false! Not to be mean but I did say "more and likely RACER"

Edited by familyguyfun1

O im sorry Interpreter, i was just giving my opinions, so I guess that my opinions are wrong? Well im sorry my friend but I don't think that OPINIONS can be true or false! Not to be mean but I did say "more and likely RACER"

Interpreter was saying they can't go on AE. Those trains aren't built for steel track, and I don't think you could physically modify a wooden train to fit on steal tube track.

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayim...um=50&pos=4

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayim...m=44&pos=11

Completely different track.

Edited by Hendrick

I know this is random, but that second pic is one of my all time favortie pics!

Back on track, Myself, I could see those trains going on the Racer. Do I think its a good decision? Yes and no. Yes because the Racer has gotten terribly rough over the years (of course, that might not be the trains fault, but I do think it would help). No because the Racer is a classic at the park (even though its one of my least favorite coasters there) and it should stay how it is.

The only problem I could see is the 3 trains. The Racer needs 4. (Most likely the RWB one will end up, somehow on SOB, as a 3rd train, or parts.)

I just would find it wrong to put any of those G-trains on the classics. Racer and Beast are just fine with their PTC trains and I think most everyone would agree. I hope they don't put G-trains on them. I guess everyone has made a point though, that there aren't enough of the same kind of train for the two coasters so who knows. This should be an interesting off-season and an interesting 2008 season to come!

Racer and Beast both look and feel fine with the PTC trains right now but you never know what might be going on under you feet while riding. You never know those trains could be getting close to being worn out and i am sure maintnence knows this and this may be why they would want to test them because they are probably thinking that its better to be safe now than to be sorry in the future.

I was just wondering aren't the G trains lighter? Racer just about doesn't make it's airtime quota sometimes, and I think if the trains were much lighter or shorter a lot of what is great about Racer would be missing.

Same goes for The Beast, but a lot of what's great about The Beast is already gone. <_<

Continuing this from other topic:

I shall never take that back. Most people know I hate the Racer, lol. I cannot stand it at all

Recar is always a blast to ride I like to ride it early in the morning when the park opens then at night just before I leave then I DART for The Beast.

Sounds like you share a similar tradition, only I'm on the forward side. Racer is currently my #1 at Kings Island, as it has the best air in the park...and I couldn't help but notice, the Halloween Haunt nights are the best!