Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Official 2008 Season Pass FAQ

Kings Island has put up a very detailed FAQ for the 2008 season pass program. To read it, click the following link or continue reading.

http://www2.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/spec...fo/pass_faq.cfm

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO OWNING A SEASON PASS?

A Season Pass offers unlimited access to enjoy more than 85 world-class rides and attractions, including 14 roller coasters, the seven-time award-winning Nickelodeon Universe children’s area, 15-acre water park and outstanding family musical productions. Three different Season Pass options carrying three different levels of benefits and perks are offered at Kings Island: Regular Season Pass, Gold Pass and Platinum Pass.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REGULAR, GOLD AND PLATINUM SEASON PASSES?

A Regular Season Pass offers unlimited access to enjoy more than 85 world-class rides and attractions during public operating days from April through October in 2008 (excluding Halloween Haunt). A Gold Season Pass offers great exclusive benefits and privileges including access to early ride times, meal deals throughout the park, access to a reserved parking area and early admission and priority seating at Boomerang Bay during the season (excluding Halloween Haunt). A Platinum Season Pass functions as a Gold Pass at Kings Island and is valid for admission and free parking to all Cedar Fair amusement and water parks during the 2008 season (excluding Halloween Haunt). For a list of exclusive Season Pass Perks, please click here!

WHICH SEASON PASS OFFERS THE BEST VALUE?

The Kings Island Platinum Pass is the best value for guests. Priced at only $140 through November 11 ($150 beginning November 12), the Platinum Pass includes more perks than any other Season Pass. The Platinum Pass is valid for admission to Kings Island and the rest of the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company’s amusement parks and outdoor water parks. Note: Star Trek the Experience and Castaway Bay indoor Water Park are excluded. In addition, all Platinum Passes include parking, valid at all Cedar Fair parks during the 2008 season! Adding to the benefits, guests who purchase a Platinum Pass or a Kings Island Season Pass before November 11 will receive a complimentary Cedar Fair VIP Jacket. Junior and Senior Platinum Passes are also available for only $89.95. The Junior and Senior Platinum Passes also include parking at all Cedar Fair parks.

WHO NEEDS A SEASON PASS?

A Season Pass (or daily ticket) is required for anyone 3 years old and older. Children age 2 and under are admitted free to Kings Island. Children who turn 3 years old during the season will need a Season Pass (or daily ticket) to enter the park once they become 3 years old.

WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR A JUNIOR AND SENIOR SEASON PASS?

Juniors are anyone ages 3-61 who are under 48” tall. Seniors are anyone age 62 or over.

CAN I STILL BUY A 2007 SEASON PASS?

Yes. A 2007 Season Pass can be purchased until October 28. Season Passes can be purchased through our website here. Season Passes for 2007 can also be purchased at our Front Gate Ticket window.

WHAT IS THE PRICE OF A 2007 SEASON PASS?

For current 2007 Season Pass pricing, please click here.

HOW MANY DAYS ARE LEFT TO USE MY 2007 SEASON PASS?

Kings Island is open to the public and season passholders September 23, 28, 29, 30 and October 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. For detailed information about our schedule and operating hours, please check our Operating Calendar.

WHEN DO 2008 SEASON PASSES GO ON SALE?

Season Passes for 2008 go on sale September 7. Processing will begin September 23.

WHAT IS THE PRICE OF A 2008 SEASON PASS?

For 2008 Season Pass pricing, please click here.

HOW DO I BUY A 2008 SEASON PASS?

The most convenient method of purchasing a 2008 Season Pass is through our website here, beginning September 7. 2008 Season Passes can also be purchased at our Front Gate Ticket windows beginning September 7.

CAN I USE MY 2008 SEASON PASS THIS YEAR?

No. 2008 Season Passes will not be valid for use during the remainder of the 2007 season.

WHEN CAN I USE MY 2008 SEASON PASS?

Your 2008 Season Pass can be used on any public operating days from April through October in 2008 (excluding Halloween Haunt).

IS HALLOWEEN HAUNT INCLUDED IN A SEASON PASS?

Halloween Haunt is free with a 2007 Season Pass but there will be a separate admission for this event in 2008.

I PLAN TO PURCHASE MY 2008 SEASON PASS BY THE NOVEMBER 11 DEADLINE SO I CAN RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY CEDAR FAIR VIP JACKET. WHEN AND HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY JACKET?

Each Season Pass purchaser will receive a barcoded or sequentially numbered voucher to redeem for their jacket from admissions when they become available for pick-up later in the season. An exact date for when the Cedar Fair VIP jackets will be available is not available at this time.

WILL THE CEDAR FAIR VIP JACKETS BE AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT SIZES?

Yes. Jacket sizes will range from Youth Large to XXX-Adult Large.

IF I DIDN’T USE MY SEASON PASS THIS YEAR CAN I USE IT NEXT YEAR?

Unused 2007 Season Passes can be rolled over to a 2008 Season Pass for a fee of $50 per pass.

HOW DO I GET MY SEASON PASS I.D. CARD?

All Season Pass tickets need to be redeemed for a Season Pass I.D. card. This is done before initial entry into the park at our Season Pass Processing Center located by the Ticket windows at the Front Gate. At the Processing Center, a photo will be taken along with information that will be permanently affixed to the Season Pass I.D. Only the person whose picture is with the Season Pass will be able to use it to enter Kings Island.

WHEN IS THE SEASON PASS PROCESSING CENTER OPEN?

The Season Pass Processing Center is open during park operating hours. For a schedule of park hours, please check our Operating Calendar.

IS PARKING INCLUDED WITH A SEASON PASS?

Kings Island Platinum Passes include free parking at all Cedar Fair amusement and water parks during the 2008 season (excluding Halloween Haunt). 2007 Season Passholders who renew their pass prior to November 11, 2007 will receive free parking for 2008 (excluding Halloween Haunt). The pass must be purchased prior to the November 11, 2007 deadline on renewals to receive free parking. Processing (photo ID) can be done at a later date.

WILL THERE BE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO GET FREE PARKING IF I RENEW MY PASS AFTER THE NOVEMBER 11 DEADLINE?

No. You must renew your season pass by the November 11, 2007 deadline to receive free parking in 2008.

WILL A PARKING PASS BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE AFTER THE DEADLINE?

For those who do not purchase a Kings Island Platinum Pass or renew their Season Pass by November 11, 2007, a season-long Parking Pass can be purchased for $34.95 and is placed directly onto one Season Pass. For a Parking Pass to be valid, the Passholder with the Parking Pass must be in the vehicle. Additional Parking Passes can be purchased for $15 each.

WILL MY 2008 PARKING PASS BE GOOD AT OTHER CEDAR FAIR AMUSEMENT AND WATER PARKS?

Yes. 2008 Parking Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair amusement parks and water parks (excluding Star Trek the Experience and Castaway Bay indoor Water Park).

HOW DO I USE MY PLATINUM PASS FOR ENTRY AT OTHER CEDAR FAIR AMUSEMENT AND WATER PARKS?

When visiting other Cedar Fair amusement and water parks go to Guest Relations/Services and upon showing your Kings Island Platinum Pass you will be given either a daily ticket or have your hand stamp for entry into the park.

IS BOOMERANG BAY INCLUDED IN A SEASON PASS?

Yes. Season Passes allow guests unlimited access to Boomerang Bay which offers more than 50 water activities including: 30 water slides, tropical lagoons, rushing rivers, surfable waves and three family activity areas. Early entrance into Boomerang Bay is also included as part of our Season Pass Perks!

CAN I ENTER THE PARK AT THE OUTSIDE ENTRANCE OF BOOMERANG BAY WITH MY SEASON PASS?

Yes. Season Passholders may enter the park at the outside entrance to Boomerang Bay.

DO YOU HAVE A FAMILY PASS?

Kings Island offers a discount on Regular and Gold Season Passes when four or more passes are purchased.

WHAT IF I FORGET TO BRING MY SEASON PASS?

If your Season Pass has been processed, we can provide you with a stamp for the day at our Guest Relations window. This can be done up to a maximum of two times after which you will be required to get a replacement pass for a charge of $15 plus tax.

WHAT IF I LOSE MY SEASON PASS?

If your Season Pass has been processed, we can replace it at the Group Sales window located at the Front Gate for a service charge of $15 plus tax. Unprocessed Season Passes cannot be replaced, therefore we encourage all guests to process their Season Pass tickets as soon as possible.

CAN MY FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER USE MY SEASON PASS IF I AM NOT USING IT THAT DAY?

No. All Season Passes are non-transferable and are only valid for the person who has processed it. We reserve the right to deny entry to those with unprocessed Season Passes.

ARE INTERNATIONAL SHOWPLACE THEATRE AND PARAMOUNT THEATRE SHOWS INCLUDED IN A SEASON PASS?

Yes. Shows that are playing in International Showplace and Paramount Theatre are included with your Season Pass. Please check show times at the venue or Guest Relations.

IF I BUY A ONE-DAY ADMISSION TICKET, CAN I UPGRADE IT TO A SEASON PASS?

Season Passes are your best value at Kings Island if you visit the park more than one time during the season. You can apply your one-day admission toward the price of a Regular, Gold or Platinum Season Pass. This transaction must be made on the day or your visit before leaving the park.

MAY I EXIT THE PARK AND COME BACK LATER IN THE DAY?

Yes, but you must have your hand stamped at the exit for re-entry on the same day.

IS HALLOWEEN HAUNT INCLUDED IN A SEASON PASS?

Halloween Haunt is free with a 2007 Season Pass but there will be a separate admission for this event in 2008.

So they are coming out and saying that HH will be a separate admission next year. Don't they know this was extremely unpopular the first year of Fearfest? It's also what killed Winterfest. A large amount of season pass holders will not attend because of this when they can go to other cheaper haunted attractions throughout the region. Bad move CF. Hope you change your minds.

They are saying "this event" as in the 2007 Halloween Haunt. It means that a 2008 pass will not get you into the 2007 Halloween Haunt. I think they specify this because the past several years, Kings Island has offered a season pass that was good for the rest of the year and all of next year. They are saying that whether you are renewing or buying new a 2008 season pass, you will not be able to use it at all this year.

I liked it better when you could get in the park in the fall with the next year's pass. That kinda sucks but oh well I guess it doesn't really matter

They are saying "this event" as in the 2007 Halloween Haunt. It means that a 2008 pass will not get you into the 2007 Halloween Haunt.

I believe you are misreading this. It says there there will be a separate admission for this event IN 2008. Meaning you cannot use your 2008 SP for the 2008 HH.

Paramount felt the backlash from SP holders the 1st year of FF, and allowed SP holders to use their passes the following year for it. Does anyone know if the other CF parks charge separate admission for the halloween events?

Edited by XGatorHead 8904

I think they'll either clear the park and then reopen for Haunt like they did in 2000. Either that or they'll do it like they did in 2002 and leave the park open but require you to buy a wristband to participate in Haunt.

They have not made a decision yet about how HH will work in 2008. However, it is official that it will be an upcharge. Don't think that CF is just doing this for your money, they have the guest experience in mind. The problem they've had in years past has been countless complaints that lines were so long that patrons didn't have time to do more than a small handful of attractions. They did surveys and found out that people would be willing to pay a small upcharge for shorter lines.

Route 666 was just a bad idea to start with. First, it was on Antiques, and then you had to time the cars right to get the correct "scare factor" for each car. Plus the fact that the riders basically controlled how fast or slow they went through it because they were the ones driving. Talk about low capacity...

I agree with you about the lines. I have seen them stretch over three hours. But I NEVER participate in halloween crap at the park. I don't like it. When I worked there, if I had to close I would eat my lunch in the train storage shed so I wouldn't have to walk through the scenery to get to oscars. But I like to ride rides in October. Will I have to pay extra even if I have a pass just to enjoy the crown jewel of the roller coaster world, Vortex?

^Nice signature. Good episode. Gotta love the traveller.

Edited by TheKlockster

Well Haunt doesn't start until 7PM on Saturdays and not at all on Sundays, the park would likely still be open to the public and season passholders on Saturdays prior to the start of Haunt, and all day on Sundays.