calakapepe

Inverted wooden coaster

ok i posted this on kicentral but didn't get the replies i was hoping for so im trying it here

do you think if a coaster was built carefully and with a completely wooden track unlike in the video it could become a new type of coaster wouldn't necessarily have to be this design but one that loops and supported by wood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3m49OiA9fs

Edited by calakapepe

I'm not sure why anyone would want to ride or design an inverted woody. Woodies are normally rough and bumpy and don't give a very smooth ride. Their focus in on drops and sometimes airtime. Inverted coasters are the exact opposite. They're smooth and usually more focused on inversions and a twisting track than drops or airtime. I just don't see the two types mixing well. I can't imagine riding an inverted coaster that's as bumpy and jerky as the Beast. Plus, we all know too well how inversions translate onto woodies. Besides, what your video shows appears to be just a regular steel track with wooden supports.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to ride or design an inverted woody. Woodies are normally rough and bumpy and don't give a very smooth ride. Their focus in on drops and sometimes airtime. Inverted coasters are the exact opposite. They're smooth and usually more focused on inversions and a twisting track than drops or airtime. I just don't see the two types mixing well. I can't imagine riding an inverted coaster that's as bumpy and jerky as the Beast. Plus, we all know too well how inversions translate onto woodies. Besides, what your video shows appears to be just a regular steel track with wooden supports.

well the reason i did that with the steel track is because as you might think that an inverted coaster isn't made in any game...because it doesn't exist....

haha "Brother of Son of Beast-the world's only looping inverted wooden roller coaster!"

lmao totally JK but i had to say something stupid

Stupid? I thought it was hilarious!

well the reason i did that with the steel track is because as you might think that an inverted coaster isn't made in any game...because it doesn't exist....

Theres a good reason it doesn't exist :rolleyes: The wood wouldn't be able to hold up the weight givin. it would just fall in on its self.

-__- (track)

HH (support)

regular wooden supports holds the upper track, as shown above

the below is a inverted so called wooden coaster

H_HH(supports)

- -H (track)

it would just fall in cause the track is pushing down and the supports are pushing up

unequal balance whitch leads to it falling down. the top track(regular)shows the track pushing down but under it is the supports. since theres no supports under the inverted , it wont hold.

Now if it was steel supports and wooden track well thats a differnt story.

EDIT: this should make more since, Wood is a soild but does have felixability. to much breaks it Example: the the inverted wood sturcture shown below. Steel has felixablity but it also can keep its shape to and it can have alot of flexiabity before it breaks. << only way possible of an inverted wooden rollercoaster is to have steel supports, but then ask ur self well why would u use wood track instead of steel track? better of with steel track then wood. so theory there probly never be a wooden inverted rollercoaster

2nd edit: whycannotjs4.png

hopes that helps for people who don't understand what im saying lol

3rd edit: roller coaster tycoon physics are a lot different than real world physics ^_^

Edited by Rumor Smasher

Theres a good reason it doesn't exist :rolleyes: The wood wouldn't be able to hold up the weight givin. it would just fall in on its self.

-__- (track)

HH (support)

regular wooden supports holds the upper track, as shown above

the below is a inverted so called wooden coaster

H_HH(supports)

- -H (track)

it would just fall in cause the track is pushing down and the supports are pushing up

unequal balance whitch leads to it falling down. the top track(regular)shows the track pushing down but under it is the supports. since theres no supports under the inverted , it wont hold.

Now if it was steel supports and wooden track well thats a differnt story.

EDIT: this should make more since, Wood is a soild but does have felixability. to much breaks it Example: the the inverted wood sturcture shown below. Steel has felixablity but it also can keep its shape to and it can have alot of flexiabity before it breaks. << only way possible of an inverted wooden rollercoaster is to have steel supports, but then ask ur self well why would u use wood track instead of steel track? better of with steel track then wood. so theory there probly never be a wooden inverted rollercoaster

2nd edit: whycannotjs4.png

hopes that helps for people who don't understand what im saying lol

3rd edit: roller coaster tycoon physics are a lot different than real world physics ^_^

well wouldn't it be able to hold the wood track and supports if it looks like this

woodinvertedcoaster.jpg

Explain why would they do such a thing tho? Like well you see how jerky the racers and beast and son of beast is, and the track is below the train, whitch means its vibrateing the car above, good things theres no shoulder bars. On an inverted the train hangs below the track, if wood, the vibratetions would come from above, whitch mean shakeing the upper half of the train(i.e where ur head is and upper chest area, and You need shoulder bars on inverts! whitch mean you get extreme headaches and maybe a concusion! AND its cheaper just to build a steel invert coaster and it saves alot of trees! and i can see a steel invert being more popular then a wooden invert! (example: theres more people rideing the adventure express then son of beast) :)

Edited by Rumor Smasher

the beast is like the smoothest coaster in the park adventure exspress is always a walk on and It's supported with wood.....and i know a way of getting a lap bar on an inverted coaster

the beast is like the smoothest coaster in the park adventure exspress is always a walk on and It's supported with wood.....and i know a way of getting a lap bar on an inverted coaster

LOL "the beast is like the smoothest coaster" thats to funny. thats the reason i mention adventure exspress it uselly has a fuller train then son of beast. Even if you did get a lap bar on an inverted coaster it wouldnt be floorless. There will never be a inverted wooden coaster and there will be never be another wooden loop, we found that out ages ago.

how can you find that out ages ago when the accidents on SOB happend in like 2006 that's not that long ago........plus what do you mean by floorlesss all inverted coasters don't have a floor except the occasional suspended swinging coaster...

Edited by calakapepe

Although this idea is very impractical, there is a simple solution. First off the support structure would not have to be as elaborate as you guys have been drawing. Second the track would be made of flat steel with wood on both sides, this would give you the strength you would need to handle the load.

p.s. If you are going to build this in your back yard, don't give me any credit for any thing.

LOL "the beast is like the smoothest coaster" thats to funny. thats the reason i mention adventure exspress it uselly has a fuller train then son of beast. Even if you did get a lap bar on an inverted coaster it wouldnt be floorless. There will never be a inverted wooden coaster and there will be never be another wooden loop, we found that out ages ago.

You may say this about SoB, but it crashed! And it was made poorly. If you would make this coaster correclty(sp) It could easily work.

how can you find that out ages ago when the accidents on SOB happend in like 2006 that's not that long ago........plus what do you mean by floorlesss all inverted coasters don't have a floor except the occasional suspended swinging coaster...

not talking about son of beast LOL that loop was made out of steel, im talking about a rollercoaster long ago that was made out of pure wood. I forget what it was called. But lets just say it didnt end to well.

Oh. Sorry for criticizing you then. But the loop still wasnt the cause of the problems on SoB.

Edited by -SHOX-