Rollerzach

Tomb Raider: The Ride

why is it reopening in 2008? and what are they doing to it?

I'll imagine they're re-theming it to something not Paramount. How about "The Legend of the Old Adam House!". :lol:

"Old Man Adams is the sourest man in town."

Terpy, who knows only some will get that.

Edited by The Interpreter

ok my cousin used to work there and he said that they had a broken gear and then a week later he said it wouldn't open till 2008 and I'm just guessing that they haven't gotten it installed yet and they just want to wait till next year since this season is almost over.....

ok my cousin used to work there and he said that they had a broken gear and then a week later he said it wouldn't open till 2008 and I'm just guessing that they haven't gotten it installed yet and they just want to wait till next year since this season is almost over.....

Maybe it is installed but they're removing the old theming still.

^lol

Okay everyone knows how Pepper's Ghost works, right? A picture demonstration if you don't is here.

Well, they could use that effect or something similar in the preshow for Maniac Mine. Instead of the statue, it'd be a medium pile of rocks, like that was a small cave-in there. On the upper rocks the ghost of a miner could appear and tell the tale. This would be much more interesting than some TV thing with scenes from the movie. Also, they could film the actor portraying the miner with slightly different scripts a few times to add variation- the same preshow again and again only annoys people. I personally hated the Tomb Raider one.

But yeah, that's just an idea for pre-show replacement. The boulders could even be made of layers of styrofoam and decked over part of the statue to keep the costs low.

Yeah, whatever they do, I hope they are a little more diligent in the upkeep of the theming, unlike both Paramount and CF have been in the past. Look at Disaster Transport for a prime example of this. And hopefully they'll actually replace/restore ride elements when they break/burn out, unlike Paramount, who just unplugged them. :rolleyes: