Sign in to follow this  
xcaliber08

Hard Hat Area Near SOB

So I carry a radio in the park... and this morning one of the informational calls basically said that all open-topped vehicles, golf carts, etc. were not allowed on the service access road near (or in, i can't remember) the SOB helix. This tells me there is some sort of construction going on. Could this be because of a new attraction? I understand that drop zone and slingshot were down for maintenance and that preparations are in the works for the Haunt... but why are they turning that particular area and access road into a hard hat area?

p.s. highlight for '08 information

look for boomerang bay to get another facelift for '08. down under thunder is going to be replaced - amongst other improvements.

Edited by xcaliber08

Either routine scheduled maintenance on Son of Beast or perhaps a downed tree or other foliage, most likely. I remember several roads were closed off during random points in the season due to either specific maintenance on a particular ride/area, or because of random downed trees that fell along the access roads.

I thought of this too... but they never called the road as open again, so it was down all day. Also there really are no trees out by SOB. Also SOB was running throughout the day when the access road was closed.