Sign in to follow this  
ahank

Top Gun

I like Top Gun lots, but as with about everyone else, I do wish it were a longer ride.

I kept hearing rumors a year or so ago that the ridership was so low that they may remove it completely, but you don't seem to hear that talk anymore. One of my friends did bring up a good point the other day though... "These kids don't even know what Top Gun is. They need to rename it and retheme it to some movie they actually know."

*shrug*

P.s. - is there anywhere that you can actually get the ridership numbers for the rides? or is that info not released? Would be interesting to see how many passengers each ride carries for a season or daily.

I know that on the Cedar Point website they have the number of riders per year for the coasters. An example is Wicked Twister, see below.

2006 1,041,160

2005 939,323

2004 1,044,581

2003 1,100,583

2002 1,024,232

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride...ister/index.cfm

It'd be nice if they released the statistics for other parks too. ;)

Yeah I like to compare the years, see if it dropped or lowered.

And if they brought back the effects on Top Gun, it MAY, but still a slim chance, not suck that much. I mean, it'll still suck, but not as much.

Yeah I like to compare the years, see if it dropped or lowered.

And if they brought back the effects on Top Gun, it MAY, but still a slim chance, not suck that much. I mean, it'll still suck, but not as much.

I agree, only except the sucking part. I think it would make it even cooler! Especially at night!