Sign in to follow this  
ahank

Top Gun

I just had a thought. What if Kings Island moved Top Gun to the X-Base area and built something new in its current place? Just a thought. Please comment

-Aaron

Edited by -SHOX-

In all honestly, I would be mad if they did that. Moving any coaster within the park, in my opinion, is a waste of money. I'm sure we could get some flat ride for the cost of moving a coaster. I think we could build a coaster in X-Base if they wanted, there is plenty of room back there.

Moving a coaster just 200 yards or so seems to be a bit of a waste when they would have to pour new footers,new station and reset all the computer and electrical things that go into a coaster and as Teenageninga top gun is built for the river terrain it has not the parking lot terrain flattness like Firehawk.

Besides all of the cost and everything, I honestly like where Top Gun is at. I like that secluded feel it has away from the park, although it would be nice to see another ride built back there in that area or some other attraction.

Acctually Its not a bad idea. There all the same theming. Although money is a problem but its a thought for the future. In my opinion changes are good. <_< :mad: And dont worry about the work kings island cant take care that. <_<

That wouldnt work very well considering Top Gun's layout is completely contoured to the terrain. All of firehawks footers start at the same ground level, Top Gun's are all over the place due to the ravine it is built in. It would never work and it would look rediculous if they tried.

Moving Top Gun=Absurd; however I do agree that it does fit in with the whole X-Base theme. How about the idea of a large path connecting the X-Base area to Top Gun/SOB area. The path could go behind the FOF and Adventure Express, underneath SOB and then connect up by the area where people exiting Top Gun can jump over to the SOB line. Then you open up a whole new path that could be full of stalls, shops, flat rides, and possibly a new coaster.

Moving Top Gun=Absurd; however I do agree that it does fit in with the whole X-Base theme. How about the idea of a large path connecting the X-Base area to Top Gun/SOB area. The path could go behind the FOF and Adventure Express, underneath SOB and then connect up by the area where people exiting Top Gun can jump over to the SOB line. Then you open up a whole new path that could be full of stalls, shops, flat rides, and possibly a new coaster.

Thats a great idea! I wish i couldve thought of that! :lol:

I think another path to X-Base could be a great idea in the future. However, I believe that is a pretty long walk, one that most likely wouldn't have any attractions. A path I sure wouldn't want to travel at night.

I was at PKI this past sat afternoon (8-19-07) When we get to the front row line and they shut it down. While standing there before we decided to go to SOB I was looking at the paint.. I like the red and black better than the gray.

That coaster is perfect where it is and was deisgned for that area. However, I do think they could have made the coaster closer to the ground at some points, as well as a little longer.

What kind of coaster could they put in X-Base to go with the theme? A floorless like Kraken.

I just had a thought. What if Kings Island moved Top Gun to the X-Base area and built something new in its current place? Just a thought. Please comment

-Aaron

This isn't Rollercoaster Tycoon where you can just hit the delete button. :rolleyes: I've never heard of an Amusement Park moving an entire ride from an original site to another site in the park. The closest thing that resembles this would be when The Phantom became the The Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood. The ride was reconstructed and changed but site remained the same.

Originally built by Arrow Dynamics and called the Steel Phantom. During the 2000-2001 off-season Morgan was brought in to make some modifications:

The original 4 loops were removed.

The height remained the same as the lift hill was unchanged.

The drop increased from 225' to 228' feet.

The length was increased from 3000' to 3200'.

The original ride time was 2:15.

The trains were modified removing the over the shoulder restraints.

Top Gun IMHO is the not the greatest coaster anyway, way too short and without the elements (inversions, etc.) to make it an exciting ride to spend valuable resources from a company that is hugely in debt due to recent acqusitions.

Edited by Jeffy

Try Thunder Road..thats what it will mostly likely be called.

Yah, I would be pretty surprise if the name isn't Thunder Road. But you never know.

i really cant wait till we learn the new names of all the rides at kings island. i think that next years park map will be very interesting and very different than most before it. it will confuse a lot of people if they change all the names of the paramount rides, thats a lot of rides....

I doubt Face/Off and Drop Zone will keep there names, yes those two names don't have to mean a name of a movie, but unfortunately in the eyes of KI and Paramount they are names of movies, and hold a trademark. So Cedar Fair won't be able to use those names forever.

DOT would be one of the easiest names to change, as it was originally called XS Raceway, so I'm sure they still have the old signs they could easily just change it back to that.

Thunder Road... I dont know for a fact thats what Top Gun will be known as no one does at least not yet what would all of you do if Herschend Family Entertainment(They own Dollywood among others) got ahold of KI and the other parks?

Or like I said before...how cool would it be if they redid Top Gun to look like the Bat? haha. I know they wouldn't but hey that would be pretty awesome. I think as long as that coaster gets back some sort of theming that would be great. I still love the ride though. Short as it may be, it is one of my fav rides.

Did ANYONE ever get to see the light/fog effects back when it was new? If so, were they cool?