Sign in to follow this  
Headwound

Going to Cedar Point this weekend

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been on the forums much, I've been pretty busy now that I have a job. I'm going to Cedar Point for the first time this weekend with my family and was wondering if anyone familiar with the park could give me some tips (any ways to save time, which rides are the most popular/have the longest lines, any shows worth checking out, any good places to eat, things I should check out, etc.). I hope everyone's been having a good summer.

acturally i think they have a tips page...but i will tell you that going on the weekends are HELL...i went on a weekday and even the raptor had a 2 hour wait....but i will say that you wanna go right at the start of when it opens and probably wanna head and ride Melinum Force(sorry about spelling), dragster, and the new maverick...they are probably the most popular.

my personal favorite is wicked twister. its just awesome. also skyhawk...hehe its my name

If you have a Maxx Pass you get in one hour early 9:00 am........I went to MF and got 2 rides no wait at all.

-Mantis has been getting quite a long line mid day

-Ride Raptor in the evening (longest lines are mid day and morning)

-Ride Wicked twister in last car only

-Ride Mean streak Very Front seat only

-Ride Maverick early or late

-Ride not to miss....Gemini (Blue Side), Demon Drop, Blue Streak, MF, TTD, Raptor, Magnum, Train, Cedar Downs

-Ok/still fun rides..... Iron Dragon, Mantis, Corkscrew, Paddle wheel, skyride, giant wheel

-Rides to skip if not enough time - Power tower, DT,

Be aware that you may not take loose article of any kind on M-Force or Dragster. All glasses must be placed in a cargo pocket and anything else has to go in a locker.

Ride Raptor in the evening and make M-Force or Maverick your first stop.

I just got back from Cedar Point I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday aand I thought the crowd was great for Cedar Point. The longest I waited was for Snake River Falls and that was because they were only running 1 boat and it twice the size of Congo Falls. But Maverick is IMO the best ride there. The longest I waited for it was hour and 15 minutes and that was with a breakdown. The lines went by really fast. What looked long really wasn't. They also have pretty accurate estimates on how long the line is.

Well I just got back a few minutes ago and I have to say that park is amazing. I got to ride everything I wanted and had a great time. Thanks for the tips.