Sign in to follow this  
weloveki07

New Thrill Ride in 2008?

I would have to assume that it was for parts because I can't see anyone put the effort to put it back together and trying to run it again. They could buy a new ride for the money they would spend to get KC back running.

I had a dream that King Cobra was rebuilt at Kings Island, Drop Zone was removed, we had a ride like Volcano: The Blast Coaster added where Face/Off is, right over water, and Tomb Raider had the building removed.

I doubt seriously that if KI was planning another stand up, it would be modeled after KC. Remember,KC was built by TOGO-while KC was a fun ride, I don't remember it aging very well and,if I am not mistaken, they had a lot of maintenance problems. Also, a similar TOGO stand up in Japan crashed a few months ago and one person was killed. The only other company I know of that makes stand ups is B and M (Mantis, Chang, Riddler's Revenge.) Also, B and M coasters age well. ( Mantis is 11 years old and to me it still looks brand new.) Therefore, if another stand up is planned I would bet on a B and M type.

However I agree that the source for this rumor of a new stand up doesn't appear very reliable. I doubt that Cedar Fair would use an un-PC name like Black Rusty. Remember, the original name for Mantis was Banshee at CP. However, there was such outrage by the Irish community of Sandusky, Cedar Fair renamed it Mantis.

Edited by markr

I never said I thought they were rebuilding it at KI. It was a dream. And at another amusement park, think about it- it's a cheap ride, new for whatever park, ect. And for pieces, it would be useful for an already there stand up.

I had a dream that King Cobra was rebuilt at Kings Island, Drop Zone was removed, we had a ride like Volcano: The Blast Coaster added where Face/Off is, right over water, and Tomb Raider had the building removed.

At one time KI was to get a Volcano:The Blast Coaster but for some odd reason the plans were scrapped and dont ask me why because I could never get the answer.

Perhaps because Kings Island never had a Lost World Mountain, which cost $6 million on it's on without the coaster. And that $6 million is from the late seventies, meaning that cost is probably a lot more now.

It would have bee sick if they had made the Volcano's mountain bigger then the one at Kings Dominion, big enough to put Tomb Raider on the inside. Actually the one at Kings Dominion has enough room probably, the inside is just full of supports, old Haunted River track and old Smurf Mountain theming, but they could make it so the supports go across or something at the point where a ride would be put in.

Just to clarify you comment TRex,

Those who dont know dont tell, and those who dont know act like they do.

And trust me, the trains AND the track are still in the cleverly named Cobra Graveyard.

Edited by SOB_TOM