Sign in to follow this  
FF EKU dawg 4 life

Son Of Beast reopening?

I just got back from the park it's closed.

"Son of beast is probably closed for today, but we hope to have it open and running very soon"

Probably is a new word from the park! Who said that though? I just want to make sure it wasn't some average Joe who was sitting on the bench near AE.

well since that came from a moderator, he obviously wouldnt try and fool people with untrustworthy info, so well jsut have to see if it opens tomorrow, ive got my fingers crossed...

well since that came from a moderator, he obviously wouldnt try and fool people with untrustworthy info, so well jsut have to see if it opens tomorrow, ive got my fingers crossed...

I believe exactly what TOPGUN said is what he was told. I'm just trying to figure out who told him that.

They have replaced the closed sign at SOB's entrance with a human greeter.

Wow... that is GREAT news. Huh. That sure makes it sound like it might open today, or tomorrow (I so called this! :P)

oh snap, human greeter means they actually plan on opening the ride! they wouldnt have someone stnd there for the whole day just to say its not gonna open today... boy im getting excited!

but why call them a human greeter, im pretty sure this person has a name, human greeter sounds like some nazi form of naming people, human taxi driver number 3456, human ride operator 3948 etc. lol

Edited by jondrewfoo

I Just googled Son Of Beast to see if anyone had posted a reopening date anywhere and i found on wikipedia this "The ride is expected to reopen on July 4th."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Beast_(roller_coaster)

heh, i bet a person from here posted that... anyone with a membership can edit anything on wikipedia, so anything you hear from there you should take with a grain of salt, there is a whole bunch of jokers just messing with the site. one time we had the school computer on a huge projector looking up the bombs on nagasaki and hiroshima, and someone put Japan PWNS! in the middle of the info...

During my lunch hour I called the park and spoke with a customer service rep. She advised me that KI was hoping to reopen SOB in the middle of the month. I think we were getting our hopes up thinking it would reopen this week.

honestly, i dont think kings island would have the human greeter out there for a good two weeks or so... that would not be in the spirit of cedar fair to pay someone for just to stand there for an extended amount of time... they obviously plan to open it very soon if a actual human being (with a name) is standing there, i wonder what he is saying though...

But last year they had a greeter or a few greeters that stood in front of the line for SOB telling people it was closed. They may have posted somewhere there because they have been testing it and want to let people know what is going on. People may see it running and think that it's open or something. KI will open SOB when it's ready to be opened. Whether that be today, tomorrow or a month from today.

I Just googled Son Of Beast to see if anyone had posted a reopening date anywhere and i found on wikipedia this "The ride is expected to reopen on July 4th."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Beast_(roller_coaster)

heh, i bet a person from here posted that... anyone with a membership can edit anything on wikipedia, so anything you hear from there you should take with a grain of salt, there is a whole bunch of jokers just messing with the site. one time we had the school computer on a huge projector looking up the bombs on nagasaki and hiroshima, and someone put Japan PWNS! in the middle of the info...

Ya, for all you know, I was the one who made that entry.

Actually, you do not need to have a wikipedia account to make an edit. So anyone can easily make the edit.

i think actually that you have to actually have an account for that very reason now...

When I go to edit that section that has the July 4th opening, I get this.

You are not currently logged in. While you are free to edit without logging in, your IP address (viewable on your talkpage, where you can check messages sent to your IP) will be recorded in this page's edit history. Creating an account will conceal your IP address and provide you with many other benefits.

I would assume that you could make the edits.

While I was up in the tower around 3:30, 4:00 there were maintnence crews on the drop before where the loop used to be and i looked in the huge binoculer and they were replacing a board and then maybe a half hour later they started testing and then tested until about 9 so they are probably just making sure nothing is creating problems for any riders.

I checked SoB during my lunch break around 1:00. I saw workers on the same section of track you speak of, but I could not tell what they were doing.

But last year they had a greeter or a few greeters that stood in front of the line for SOB telling people it was closed. They may have posted somewhere there because they have been testing it and want to let people know what is going on. People may see it running and think that it's open or something. KI will open SOB when it's ready to be opened. Whether that be today, tomorrow or a month from today.

I think this is probably the best explanation for the greeter. People are going to notice it running and they want to have someone there to say it is still in the testing phase and will not be open today.

I was really hoping for it to open before Saturday when I will be down there with my roommate and his sister.

Is there still a greeter at the entrance? What are the chances of the ride being open on saturday? That's when i'm going. Too bad DZ is going to be closed as well.

Is there still a greeter at the entrance? What are the chances of the ride being open on saturday? That's when i'm going. Too bad DZ is going to be closed as well.

I think this question has been answered. :D