Sign in to follow this  
FF EKU dawg 4 life

Son Of Beast reopening?

SOB was testing today with both trains. The water dummies were in the blue train and the red train was empty. I have the feeling that the ride will simply open without announcement because of the pending litigation. If the ride is good (ie if it doesn't beat people up.) the word of mouth will do the trick and bring the people in.

SOB was testing today with both trains. The water dummies were in the blue train and the red train was empty. I have the feeling that the ride will simply open without announcement because of the pending litigation. If the ride is good (ie if it doesn't beat people up.) the word of mouth will do the trick and bring the people in.

As I told TOPGUN, I would be willing to bet money on July 4th opening.

Unannounced, of course.

Edited by Hendrick

I doubt it would happen but i hope it will open tomorrow because i will be at the park and i have wanted to ride it so bad and i will be even more anxious because tomorrow i will finaly ride Firehawk so that leaves one ride to wait on.

Blue? a blue car? What The Frick?? WHY?..Blue doesnt seems to fit SoB I mean I can understand the color Red because the color Red stand for Anger,Rage,Fury,Ruthless Aggression!

Edited by TRexRage1993

My favorite color is blue, so of course, I'm all for it.

But, I think I'm happy with the two different colors. The red train represents it's vicious past, with it's loop, and all it's pain. The new blue represents it's new life, a great ride, but without the pain, and without the loop. :P

My guess is they just ran out of time, and couldn't paint the train.

Nah, it had been painted. Hurricane's were white and lighter blue, this was a solid deep blue.

I took a photo of it Friday, I'll stick it up in the Son of Beast gallery later.

Someone needs a blackberry, an IPhone, or something to let us know it's open while their in line... :P

I really think KI needs a webcam pointing, or at least showing some of Son of Beast. I would love that.

I'm betting JUly 3rd, and I'll be there then at opening :D

Yeah i hope it is also i was at the park today and will be there tomorrow and while it was testing today it was running smooth from what i saw so hopefully tomorrow but when the park opens im going straight to Firehawk because i just rode it for the first time today and it made an A+ in my opinion.

Im wanting it to and i was actually thinking why dont they open it around 7 tonight WITHOUT anouncing just so it wil have a soft opening with only a few people riding instead of almost all of the park guests going to it and it has to deal with all of those people right when it opens back up to the public

Does anyone know if the few of us that predicted today as its opener were right or is it still shut down right now.

I just called the park... They said it was not open, they didn't know when it will open.

they normally dont open rides till they test it thouroughly the day they open it, idk why. but if it were to open today, it wold be soon. like 1 or 2. i notice this when rides arent acting right, they will test and get everythign smooth, and open it around 1 or 2.