Sign in to follow this  
gezz_a_beastie44

New Ride! For 2008-2009!

If KI ever gets a coaster I would like it to be a launch coaster themed like this badboy right here Hendrick and I were talking about this puppy...

Navy Themed Launch Coaster:Clicky

It would be easy to theme to Top Gun but then again CF is doing away with paramount themed attractions so you could leave it as is!

wow that does look sweet. I still want a B&M inverted though. Raptor at CP is one of my favorite rides.

I agree. Though I think a major flat of some sort as well as waterpark additions will be on the docket next year. Maybe in 2009-2010...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Boomerang Bay was re-themed and another wave pool is added. Cedar Fair seems to think parks need two or three wave pools. I don't think so, but they're in charge, and Kings Island only has one, so that's why I think so.

This is what I would like to see.

2008- BB Expansion and a couple small flats (KI Lacks severly in that department) possibly in X-Base/ Coney Mall

2009- B&M Hyper or Intamin LSM launched coaster in Rivertown that has a finale over the lake. Potential names include Maniac, Stallion (Cedar Fair likes similar names), or Stampede.

I agree it's been long over due for a BB expansion .

I would definately like to see an original B&M sitdown similar to Kumba in Tampa, or a B&M inverted, like Raptor....BUT, before we get something new, they should modify some things an make them better....

ONE thing I know would be great would be to make Top Gun floorless. They have done this on a suspended over seas.

Put in some new shows, touch up some of the painting and themeing around the park.

Well..heres what I think will happen..

2008-Boomerang Bay Expansion New Slides,New Wave Pools etc

2009-New Coaster/Nick Universe gets work done and gets a couple of brand new rides.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Boomerang Bay was re-themed and another wave pool is added. Cedar Fair seems to think parks need two or three wave pools. I don't think so, but they're in charge, and Kings Island only has one, so that's why I think so.

Really? What CF legacy parks have two wave pools? I know that CP itself does not and GL doesn't even have one IIRC.

I think its much more likely that a BB expansion or update would be slide oriented. Or maybe we'll get the "non-lazy" river that they have up at CP with the waves and waterfalls.

I wouldn't think that we would get another coaster for atleast two years since they have tossed money on the SOB and firehawk in one season. As a side question, anyone know how much land is undeveloped and would be able to be used to build another coaster?

I would like to see a TTD type ride. That looks like it would be fun! My friends and my wife and I are thinking about going to CP next year for two days to check that park out and I will want to try that out.

Really? What CF legacy parks have two wave pools? I know that CP itself does not and GL doesn't even have one IIRC.

I think its much more likely that a BB expansion or update would be slide oriented. Or maybe we'll get the "non-lazy" river that they have up at CP with the waves and waterfalls.

Geauga Lake has a wave pool.

Kings Island is on 364 acres of property if I remember correctly, There is currently around 100-150 developed.

According to wikipedia, (So take it for what it's worth):

The park owns close to 775 acres (3.2 km²) of land, but only 364 acres (1.5 km²) are currently developed.

Speaking that both teenageninja and wikipedia both have the number 364, I would give it a little credit. (Although the number 364 is used for different things in teenageninja and wikipedia.)

100 acres isn't THAT big for an amusement park. Especially when you have The Beast, that just roams the woods.

I would like to see a TTD type ride. That looks like it would be fun! My friends and my wife and I are thinking about going to CP next year for two days to check that park out and I will want to try that out.

I doubt we'll see any new rides like TTD anytime soon. The ride has been a maintenance nightmare and it was extremely expensive to build in the first place. Dick Kinzel has even said it was one of his worst decisions.

i agree with most of you guys that in 08-09 bb will be expanded but 09-10 id like to see a ride that is like a mix of a hyper twister and an inverted coaster.

by the way, what does TTD stand for

i agree with most of you guys that in 08-09 bb will be expanded but 09-10 id like to see a ride that is like a mix of a hyper twister and an inverted coaster.

I don't think KI is getting a coaster for about 5 years unless it's another woodie.