Sign in to follow this  
gezz_a_beastie44

New Ride! For 2008-2009!

Okay Here Goes.....

Now we have all been on Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

How about a out and back style similar to Millennium Force.

Stats....

Height - 325 feet

Drop - 345 (below grade)

Length - 8180 feet

Speed - 110 - 115 mph

Trains - 3 trains holding 36 passengers each featuring stadium style seating and a onboard soundtrack.

Theme - air or space travel

Location - X Base

Designer - Stengel - Intamin - IntaRide

Unique Features...

A beyond 90 degree first drop.

Several mist filled tunnels.

A LSM Lift Launch.

Several subterrainian dives.

Metalic Themed Trains.

Lighting effects on the lifts support structure like Millennium Force.

More than a 30 seconds of airtime.

A series of back to back sweeping Stengel Dives.

A couple exagerated banked turns.

This amazing coaster starts in X Base. The turnaround will be near where the parks property meets the Little Miami River. The lift will be a LSM launch like the amazing Maverick! A simple out and back desighn will be highlighted by abrupt moment of airtime, over banked turns, Stengel dives, and dark misty tunnels.

A onboard soundtrack blaring heavy metal or some sort of themed flight or space music.

The station will be completely indoors like Flight Of Fear. The train will travel up the lift hill at 40 mph, but will slow down to only 10 mph going over the lift. Allowing a nice view of the Miami Valley, Mason, and the surrounding area.

This MUST be a INTAMIN CREATION. B&M will only harness the power of a ride like this with there constant and annoying trim breaks. Coasters like Apollos's Chariot and Nitro are laced with them. It makes these coasters rather forceless.

Now this will be a very very expensive roller coaster, but It can be done. Lets hope someone sees my idea. I will be the first in line.

Hey guys feel free to add to or variate my idea. Im dying to see what ya'll think.

Intamin Forever!

Edited by airromeo

How about.. No

Also parks use the trims.. B&M just make them.. So dont blame B&M for trim'd rides..

And its not like Intamin doesnt use them :roll:

Every intamin Hyper but TD in Japan has a trim on its ride...

Goliath? Trim.. GeForce?.. Trim.. all 3 SROSs?.. Trim...

He's not being an A-hole... He is being reailisic. LSM lift that size?!?! YEAH RIGHT! You would use so much power it would it would cost the park millions each year to run!

How about use a lift like MF but still use LSM or LIM in a couple other places that arent as long like a second launch like Maverick or to launch a train that is stopped with LIM like IJ:ST. Then it wont cost as much to run and probably a lot less electrical cable used to power but dont forget this is just an idea and you can put whatever you want on it just make it creative like the first post said.

If I am not mistaken there has never been a stand-up hyper coaster. ( ie over 200 ft.) I would like to see a B & M stand up hyper coaster.

Edited by TOPGUN1993

Copy the Voyage from Holiday World. If you haven't rode it, you haven't rode the best rollercoaster in the world.

Normally I would agree with you Dan, but after riding Maverick at the point last monday night, I must now say that the Voyage is number 2 in my book, and Cedar Points 2007 thriller has won my hearts number one spot. Maverick is......top notch.....just when I thought nothing could beat the voyage.....along came Maverick.

Copy the Voyage from Holiday World. If you haven't rode it, you haven't rode the best rollercoaster in the world.

Normally I would agree with you Dan, but after riding Maverick at the point last monday night, I must now say that the Voyage is number 2 in my book, and Cedar Points 2007 thriller has won my hearts number one spot. Maverick is......top notch.....just when I thought nothing could beat the voyage.....along came Maverick.

Gee, Ron, the Voyage only lasted about two weeks as your #1 :). Wow, I definately have to make CP plans now. Gotta love the Maxxpass

I always thought the idea of a stand-up suspended coaster would be cool. The idea of standing up but having it suspend from the track above you and swing out to the sides like an Arrow Suspended always sounded like it would be fun and different, but I'm not sure how possible. Then again, with today's technology and engineering just about any coaster concept can be done. Just a creative thought. :D

I always thought the idea of a stand-up suspended coaster would be cool. The idea of standing up but having it suspend from the track above you and swing out to the sides like an Arrow Suspended always sounded like it would be fun and different, but I'm not sure how possible. Then again, with today's technology and engineering just about any coaster concept can be done. Just a creative thought. biggrin.gif

Not If your legs are dangling. I could imagine many males having some issues with that...

Well my original thought was your legs wouldnt be dangling. I mean that would add to the effect and be a whole lot cooler, but I was thinking more along the lines of you would have your feet planted on a floor kind of like the original suspended coasters did and in the tradition of stand-up coasters. You would just be suspended below the track.

Remember, its all about money. If Firehawk and the new SOB prove to be a success for KI financially , I have no doubt we will see more coasters in the future.

I would really like to see a wild mouse or a ride similar to "the fly".

I like Wildcats better, but thats just me... :P

Edited by Hendrick

Remember, its all about money. If Firehawk and the new SOB prove to be a success for KI financially , I have no doubt we will see more coasters in the future.

Yep in the future you will certainly and SoB has already proven its self successful for KI its one the top 5 attractions in the park most guests flock to.

I've never rode "the fly" but I don't really like WildCat at CedarPoint anymore.....after you smack you hand on a support beam and it turns purple :ph34r:

please keep arms and legs inside the car at all times.