Look every one if it was to be sinking why would they be replacing some of the track and every one I have talked to said they love it and others say it is like the most funnest ride there and I see no other ride going there it would be like a huge open space. I think it is safe for at least the next 5-10 years. It's a great coaster and never has a line over like hour.but I have to say the people on the crew this year need to get better soon

500 post 688c3mf.jpg

Edited by Skywriter

Plus...even if it was true that it was sinking ( which it is not ) Wouldnt you think theyd not let anyone ride it and tear it down? I mean...the idea of letting people ride a sinking coaster would be dangerous...I mean really...sometimes you have to use common sense. I'm just glad thats a rumor. Kings Island wouldnt be the same to me without it. I ride that coaster 2-4 times every time I go. I always find it to be fun. Makes a fantastic night ride as well. ( Then again, most all rides are more fun at night )

Yes those brakes have always been there. However they were not always on as hard as they now. Vortex capacity is good when they don't stack every train. To be honest with them stacking every train, they really are not a reason to run all 3 trains. Believe it or not, the difference between 2 and 3 trains isn't very much, unless they are running the ride very efficiently.

Plus...even if it was true that it was sinking ( which it is not ) Wouldnt you think theyd not let anyone ride it and tear it down? I mean...the idea of letting people ride a sinking coaster would be dangerous...I mean really...sometimes you have to use common sense. I'm just glad thats a rumor. Kings Island wouldnt be the same to me without it. I ride that coaster 2-4 times every time I go. I always find it to be fun. Makes a fantastic night ride as well. ( Then again, most all rides are more fun at night )

Isn't the Magnum sinking?

What really got on my nerves was a kid in my Language Arts class- "It is sinking. We watched it sink some". Riiiiiiiiight... :rolleyes:

But why would the park send a 20 year old coaster to another park? It just doesn't make sense. Firehawk is only running its seventh year this year, Vortex its 21st.

Magnum is sinking and they still let people ride it :lol: You only have to worry once the track actually touches the ground.

Well they are both rumors for both coasters. Seems those rumors will never die. You can even look up both coasters on wikipedia and read for yourself they are rumors. Its almost like people are excited about the idea of a sinking coaster...jeez...Im glad they are rumors.

It happens every year people bring this rumor back from the dead..I think its because CF gave KI a new coaster that was a hand me down and now people are thinking vortex is gonna go to CP to replace it.

Its a load of bull Vortex is not leaving nor is it sinking.

That wouldn't make sense because Firehawk didn't come from CP so why would KI send a coaster to CP as a replacement when they haven't lost one. It would make more sense if someone said that Vortex was going to GL since they were the ones to lose the coaster.

But the reason why GL lost a ride well really 3 in one off season was because they are trying to make the foot print smaller. So GL will not be getting a used coaster. And Vortex isn't going anywere right now.

But the reason why GL lost a ride well really 3 in one off season was because they are trying to make the foot print smaller. So GL will not be getting a used coaster. And Vortex isn't going anywere right now.

I don't believe the vortex is going anywhere. I was just saying that they're reasoning on why is would be sent to CP didn't make sense.