Plus add in the factor that there are already enough thrill rides in that little corner of the park that another large scale one would be unnecessary.

Good point

vortex will be at KI for years to come, after all CF is celebrating 20 years of Vortex with beautiful nad tickling seat belts :blink:

vortex will be at KI for years to come, after all CF is celebrating 20 years of Vortex with beautiful nad tickling seat belts :blink:

not the way lots of people wanted to celebrate 20 years for Vortex at the park. it may be a safety feature but it is deffinetely not very comfortable.

That's probably not a good idea, if they catch you doing that, they will shut the lift off and walk up there and make you buckle it. Then they will watch you. Not a good idea at all, to just unbuckle after you leave the station.

They really aren't that bad at all. People just like to complain, hahahha. They don't affect the way you sit in the seat, or the way the ride feels.

They really aren't that bad at all. People just like to complain, hahahha. They don't affect the way you sit in the seat, or the way the ride feels.

At CP was on M Force train that stopped on lift hill because someone unbuckled their seat belt for more air time. Once the train arrived back at the station the CP police were waiting. I therefore advise you to keep the seat belt buckled.

I can't see what the big deal is with the park adding seat belts to Vortex and Top Gun. It may hamper with ride intervals but it doesn't ruin the ride experience.

GL's Double Loop turns 30 this year and they just installed them and thankfully they are like the one's on Vortex - retractable. It must be an S&S/Arrow thing as the park's Vekoma Boomerang, Head Spin, did not get them.

Edited by Geauga Dog

Cedar Point is running out of room.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.roller-...1c26aa670fd80ce

13 years later and it still hasn't happened. XD

(I know what you mean though, I don't think there really is enough room for Vortex without moving a bunch of things. :P)

Anyway, lately I've noticed a TON of people with the resurgence of the rumor that Vortex is sinking and they're getting rid of it. Does anyone know why this has had such a...comeback in the past few months? I'm getting sick of people who argue with me because I tell them that Vortex is not sinking or leaving.

I think you are aloud to unbuckle when you are on the Brake run on TopGun, Vortex, AE and other rides?(Deli, DZ, TRTR,)

Nope. Unbuckling the seatbelt is a sure fire way to get you in trouble or kicked out of the park. I'm not sure how CF deals out the consequences but at HW last tuesday a gentleman in front of us was removed after removing his seatbelt on Legend when he was seen from the video cameras.

Well this a couple of weekends ago some guy unbuckled his seat belt on the racer. The employee just told him to re-buckled his seatbelt. I think it is the mood of the day if you get into trouble or not.

Well this a couple of weekends ago some guy unbuckled his seat belt on the racer. The employee just told him to re-buckled his seatbelt. I think it is the mood of the day if you get into trouble or not.

My opinion the small 17 year old teenager ride operator wasn't about to tell a 250bls Brutus "Get the hell out!" From what I have seen so far there's alot of new kids working in the park this year and still in the training process. I would think later in the year you'll see them control that better, it's a big liability for CF to let anything like that happen.

One other note on the Vortex sinking thing, if it is, I like it. The Vortex has given me some great rides this year so far.

Edited by Keysersoze

Anyway, lately I've noticed a TON of people with the resurgence of the rumor that Vortex is sinking and they're getting rid of it. Does anyone know why this has had such a...comeback in the past few months? I'm getting sick of people who argue with me because I tell them that Vortex is not sinking or leaving.

Guess what we got this year? A relocated Roller Coaster. I guess people are figuring what goes around comes around. We get one, yet we must loose one. And what other ride have you ever heard at least a months worth of rumors about it leaving? Only the Vortex comes to mind.

LOL Vortex ain't going anywhere. When I was walking out after my final ride on Firehawk for a day, I heard some teenager say, it's been rumored that Vortex would be taken down for 10 years. I had to laugh.

I just cant fathom KI being stupid enuff to purposely get rid of one of their most popular rides. But then again, wasnt the Bat the same situation? :blink: It was super popular and then they tore it down? I guess it could happen, but I still see it as a rumor, too.

It happens every year people bring this rumor back from the dead..I think its because CF gave KI a new coaster that was a hand me down and now people are thinking vortex is gonna go to CP to replace it.

Its a load of bull Vortex is not leaving nor is it sinking.

I love the Vortex, personally. I would think that if Kings Island was going to do anything with it, it would be scrapped ( that is if they ever decided to get rid of it, which heaven forbid, I hope not for a very very long time, if not ever ) But I dont think many parks these days would want an old Arrow looper anyways. Besides, Vortex is a very popular ride and even with long lines on the busiest days you can still manage to get a few rides in since it has great capacity. It seems like they take very good care of it too. It seems like all of the parks Arrow built rides are some of the most reliable coasters. I dont think I have ever been to the park where Vortex, Top Gun, or Adventure Express were broken down. Not saying that it hasnt happened before, but every time Ive been over the years those are the ones always up and running without problems. ( At least steel coaster wise )