Cedar Point is running out of room. Plus, they won't move that coaster. It's like Cedar Point giving us Millennium Force. Although it isn't our main coaster, it's one that you think of when you think of Kings Island.

Plus, I doubt Cedar Fair would move a 20 year old coaster.

Cedar Point is running out of room. Plus, they won't move that coaster. It's like Cedar Point giving us Millennium Force. Although it isn't our main coaster, it's one that you think of when you think of Kings Island.

I'd be more inclined to say that the Beast is the flagship coaster of KI and the Vortex is in no way our Millenium Force. Moving Vortex would be more like moving Magnum or Mantis.

I would agree that there is really no reason for CP to want the old Vortex.

I'd be more inclined to say that the Beast is the flagship coaster of KI and the Vortex is in no way our Millenium Force. Moving Vortex would be more like moving Magnum or Mantis.

I didn't exactly mean it that way. When you think of KI, you think of a few key rides (Beast being flagship, Vortex and SOB). When you think of CP, you think of a few key rides (TTD being flagship, MF, and Magnum.) I know The Vortex and MF don't compare in any way as to stats. But I was comparing them in what you think of when you think of each park. Although they may not be the first coaster you think of, it defiantly will cross your mind.

Vortex always comes to mind first. But of course I love my Vortex. But I'd say, Racer, The Beast and Vortex are all flagship rides of Kings Island.

When I think of Kings Island it's Beast first, Eiffel Tower second, Vortex third.

Vortex is a marquee ride and will not be removed unless it is deemed necessary. The park takes very good care of the coaster. Cedar Point will never receive a used coaster.

Edited by Geauga Dog

I wouldn't say never. First, Cedar Fair is now in a lot more debt than ever before. Plus, you think they'd turn down something like a Coney Island Cyclone (not that that is going to happen....it's protected, though most of the rest of Astroland will supposedly soon be history).

No one knows what will happen to Cedar Point in the future. Past performance is no indicator in today's times.

Hypothetically, if we were going to have one of our coasters taken away to be traded to another park, which one would be the most logical? I really can't think of one...

When I think of Kings Island it's Beast first, Eiffel Tower second, Vortex third.

Vortex is a marquee ride and will not be removed unless it is deemed necessary. The park takes very good care of the coaster. Cedar Point will never receive a used coaster.

When I think of Kings Island I think of Hanna-Barbera Land,The Beast,RaceR--Vortex isnt that important to me.

I will say this if I had a dime for every time I've heard that lame rumor of Vortex getting torn down I'd be rich!...Vortex isnt going anywhere.

Edited by TRexRage1993

Wasn't it rumored that FoF was going to be moved to Canada's Wonderland if Paramount was still around? I would also think Face/Off, despite how popular it is, would be easy to move to another park.

Vortex has a large footprint and not many parks have the land that Vortex sits on.

As far as Cedar Point never getting a used ride, the other parks in the chain have a much greater chance of getting a used ride before they drop one in Cedar Point. Kings Island getting X-Flight is a good example and what looks to be Dorney Park getting Steel Venom.

But why would you even bother moving Face/Off to another park? It's such a generic ride with nothing special to it (aside from the obvious seating arrangement) compared to the tons of rides in other parks with that exact same track design.

Wasn't it rumored that FoF was going to be moved to Canada's Wonderland if Paramount was still around? I would also think Face/Off, despite how popular it is, would be easy to move to another park.

I didn't know where to, but I did hear the rumor that this would have been the last year for FOF. And KD FOF would have been gone too. I wouldn't have believed that rumor myself, until you look at the fact that KD FOF didn't open until CF took charge.

But why would you even bother moving Face/Off to another park? It's such a generic ride with nothing special to it (aside from the obvious seating arrangement) compared to the tons of rides in other parks with that exact same track design.

However, same could be said for FOF. There are SEVERAL identical copies to that ride. Although only two are indoors.

I used Face/Off as an example. I consider the Vekoma Invertigo to be one of the best things Vekoma has ever developed even though it's just an inverted version of their popular Boomerangs. If CF thinks that the ride would be better suited elsewhere to boost attendance at another park that doesn't have a similar ride then it could be moved there. Who in the chain doesn't have a boomerang style coaster other than CP? Valleyfair, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Michigan's Adventure, Dorney Park.

Both Kings Dominon and Six Flags America, which are practically right down the road from each other, have identical rides it's just that KD's is indoors.

Edited by Geauga Dog

The Invertigo was a good way to step up the Boomerang coaster, but in my opinion they should have never tried to make the Super Invertigo (Deja Vu). All of them have all sorts of issues with them.

Nope it may have been rumored but I will tell you truthfuly and honestly. ... PKD's FoF was ment to go to Carowinds and KI's was going to CW...the only thing that saved FoF from leaving and getting replaced was the purchase of the park chain by Cedar Fair...Something Wicked was going to be placed at KI and KD.

Other than those words I just spoke of now my lips are sealed!

Edited by TRexRage1993

I didn't exactly mean it that way. When you think of KI, you think of a few key rides (Beast being flagship, Vortex and SOB). When you think of CP, you think of a few key rides (TTD being flagship, MF, and Magnum.) I know The Vortex and MF don't compare in any way as to stats. But I was comparing them in what you think of when you think of each park. Although they may not be the first coaster you think of, it defiantly will cross your mind.

Vortex is in noway a staple or flagship coaster at KI sure its popular but I see RaceR as more popular and loved by so many more people.

When you work at that place you discover so many things you would have never knew.

I have heard that they will tear down Vortex and move it up to Cedar Point. Is there any truth to this? If so what will replace it?

Well be logical, do really believe a rumor like that. Thats just people talking stupid. Vortex may not be ki's key ride, but it's in he top three. Plus, vortex being the size it is, where could cedar fair move it, cp doesnt have the room. <_<

Nope it may have been rumored but I will tell you truthfuly and honestly. ... PKD's FoF was ment to go to Carowinds and KI's was going to CW...the only thing that saved FoF from leaving and getting replaced was the purchase of the park chain by Cedar Fair...Something Wicked was going to be placed at KI and KD.

Other than those words I just spoke of now my lips are sealed!

Replaces by something wicked... Wicked Twister! :P

Comon, you have to tell us what would take it's place. At least if it was a flat ride or a coaster. And if the coaster would have been unique, not a design that has been copied so many times. (I know FOF has been copied a lot, but on the other hand, I look at Paramounts lastest coaster that they were coping... IJ:ST).

I thought the space vacated by King Cobra would have been a neat location for an Intamin Impulse but with Sling Shot and Adventure Express in the way it may have been difficult getting access to and from the ride. Plus add in the factor that there are already enough thrill rides in that little corner of the park that another large scale one would be unnecessary.

As for the Giant Inverted Boomerangs, I was surprised at just how good Deja Vu was at Great America but I do agree with the reliability issue. It took me four years to finally get my first ride on it.

Regarding Racer/recaR, of course it's going to be loved by more people than Vortex due to the fact that it is the granddaddy coaster at the park, people have grown up with the ride, and is much more family friendly.