Sign in to follow this  
MylesG23

Cedar Fair

The problem with the "Downtown Disney" idea is that Disney is a HUGE resort destination where people come from all over the US, while Kings Island is just an amusement park that gets its vistors from Ohio and bording states. I don't really see many people flocking there to go shopping...especially since they could just go to the mall.

...not to mention the fact that Cedar Fair both literally and figuratively has no interest in the Great Wolf Lodge, and may even some day put in its own Mason version of Castaway Bay. Why would they want to go further than the contract requires to promote what is in effect their competition? Remember, Cedar Fair was offered CBS's interest in GWL. They did not buy it.

About somebody mentioning a mall, this would be just like one, but themed and outdoors. And although CF didn't get GWL (idiots), they still work with them. Take a look at the Great Wolf Lodge trail, on park property. They just didn't want to run it, but they're still working with it. This would boost tourism in the area some, and although the park isn't like Disney, it's still one of the most popular ones in the nation.

They just didn't want to run it,

Incorrect, had CF purchased CBS' stake in the GWL they would be taking in a certain amount of revenue from the GWL. CBS owned Paramount Parks never actually ran, nor had any say on how the Great Wolf Lodge is operated, the land was sold by them to the GWL company and one stipulation of their agreement was that CBS would get a certain share of their revenue. That stake which they held in the company was offered in the sale to Cedar Fair for a price Cedar Fair had no interest in paying, so currently CBS is still leeching a little bit of money from Great Wolf Lodge, the Lodge's policies, operations, facilities etc. are not run nor manager not have anything to do with operations at Kings Island, they are two seperate companies.

They just didn't want to run it,

Incorrect, had CF purchased CBS' stake in the GWL they would be taking in a certain amount of revenue from the GWL. CBS owned Paramount Parks never actually ran, nor had any say on how the Great Wolf Lodge is operated, the land was sold by them to the GWL company and one stipulation of their agreement was that CBS would get a certain share of their revenue. That stake which they held in the company was offered in the sale to Cedar Fair for a price Cedar Fair had no interest in paying, so currently CBS is still leeching a little bit of money from Great Wolf Lodge, the Lodge's policies, operations, facilities etc. are not run nor manager not have anything to do with operations at Kings Island, they are two seperate companies.

The one ride i don't like at ki is face off. I think the g force (5 g's ) is simply too intense. I have come close to blacking out on that ride. I wish they would get rid of it and replace with a good b and m inverted or maybe a b and m floorless coaster. However I think face off will stay at least for now due to its popularity. If I am not mistaken it cost very little to build, so it has probably turned a huge profit.