Sign in to follow this  
MylesG23

Cedar Fair

Taking down any roller coasters, I would hope that their smarter then that. But they are planning on changing all of the names that are movie related here soon. However, no one quite knows when. (My guess would be for 08, but I also thought that at least a flat ride like Days of Thunder would have received a new name this year.)

I hope they are doing anything to the park that doesnt need it removing any rides would be stupid on CF's part.

Last I heard was in 2008-2009 expect some name changes for certain places all but Nick Universe will be changed.

Edited by TRexRage1993

I wouldn't be surprise to loose the current DOT. It's in a perfect location for a flat ride. Plus with those cars just sitting there so often just running, it can't be cheap.

But I heard on TV that CP has the number 2 ranked Go Kart track, so maybe they would build one somewhere else in the park.

Will CF just rename the rides or rename and re-theme because i think it would be hard to re-theme some rides like Italian Job and Tomb Raider which probably can't be re-themed.

I first thought IJ:ST would be too hard, but just think of it this way.

Drop the IJ part of the name, and change the cars to look more like sport cars. Maybe remove that stupid helicopter. But not much would have to be done.

Now, Tomb Raider should be interesting with what they do with it.

I first thought IJ:ST would be too hard, but just think of it this way.

Drop the IJ part of the name, and change the cars to look more like sport cars. Maybe remove that stupid helicopter. But not much would have to be done.

Now, Tomb Raider should be interesting with what they do with it.

I never thought of that but now that i think about it they could do that with IJ:ST. Would be neat to see what they would change the cars to look like

For Tomb Raider: The Ride, how about themeing the giant building to a big mill, have the cave slightly rethemed to look like the entrance to a mine, add some effects, replace the lava with "TNT" that would explode, add some fog and other effects for a "cave-in", ect., and call it "Maniac Mine". It would fit the theme for Rivertown WAY better than some Asian temple.

And lose the temple theme and props. Plus new audio. The ride would be a new drill used to drill further into the mine, but on its first test run decades ago, it failed and 13 miners were killed. The ghosts remain today and you are now trying to get to the gold within, but the machine goes wild... I think it would fit perfectly, look great, and be a better attraction then Tomb Raider: The Ride.

Edited by TombraiderTy

It would be better if they just took it out and replaced it with a Downtown Disney like area ajacent to the GWL so hotel stayers could shop and eat there and park goers can shop and eat there and relax, plus a new inverted roller coaster could be added there... just an idea though.

You're really pushing for that Downtown Disney idea, aren't you? :P

I like the idea, but I like Top Gun a lot. Maybe move TopGun somewhere else. Call me crazy, but that land, so hilly, it would be perfect for another terrain roller coaster... maybe a wooden one... (Wouldn't that be cool, having two highly rated wooden coasters, and pending on the smoothness, a third? It would be like Holiday World! [Minus the free drinks of course.])

Well I heard a nasty rumor a short while ago that top gun will be known as what is was suppose to be called...Thunder Road :huh: ;)

Why have a downtown disney knock-off that would cost too much besides I like top gun and KI doesnt get nearly the guests Universal or Disney gets.

Yeah "Top Gun" was the [system Edit] with all the posters and music playing in the background..which was a reason why I like Kings Island more than Cedar Point...But I donno...I live In Bloomfield Hills, Michigan..I would like to visit Kings Island this summer, but who knows..

Yes, I am pushing for the Downtown Disney area. And the Tomb Raider retheme to Maniac Mine. And possibly the Shriek House next to Swan Lake. And the repainting of Racer back to red, white, and blue. And there are many more ideas I have.

Okay, the area isn't as hilly as it seems. There is a hill where the waiting queu is, but that's all. Move that land, build some restaurants, shops, maybe a few clubs. Think about it-

-Free, so guests at GWL could take a break from the park. Or, if they arrive too late to go to the park (I mean around 4-5, cause that'd be a waste of money), they could shop and eat.

-The area could have an entrance from inside the park, allowing more shopping and dining options.

-A new inverted roller coaster could be built around the area. I can already imagine the corkscrews over one of the streets...

-People who don't even go to the park could come. I mean, instead of downtown Cincinnati or an area similar, this may be closer to some people while featuring the same options.

-The park could be advertised in the area.

-It would be peaceful and more upbeat with different sections.

-Characters like Nickelodeon and maybe Hanna Barbera again in the distant future could walk around some.

-Three entrances- from an area of the parking lot (possibly a new area with a cheaper cost for parking), one from the GWL, and one from inside the park.

It would boost tourism, add more options, and get rid of the crappy Top Gun!

Top Gun is fine for scrap metal. A Downtown Disney like area would be a much better addition, and there could even be an inverted roller coaster running through and around it.

i like the idea of a new inverted coaster idea although i do like top gun if by some chance it would get torn down in the future there would need to be some kind of ride to take it over and not just shops. i mean think about it everytime a coaster gets torn down another one gets built which is what kings island is for is to replace old rides with newer, better, and usually more thrilling rides because it would be a waste of time and money to just put shops there because think about it. Kings Island can get some good money from shops but how many people go to look at something in a store (unless its poring down rain of course) but i think people go to ki to get the thrill of awesome coasters so if it does get replaced by a new, more thrilling coaster i would be happy instead of just shops and dining areas.

They need to take down the Beast..

Riiiiight...what have you been smoking :lol:

TombraiderTy I like your ideas ..awsome stuff you have brain stormed but a downtown disney area would cost a lot to build and the fact Top Gun is a still fairly popular also not everyone stays at GWL I wont because its waay too expensive for my budget...again I like your ideas you should pitch them off.

Top Gun is fine for scrap metal. A Downtown Disney like area would be a much better addition, and there could even be an inverted roller coaster running through and around it.

Have you even rode any other Arrow coasters like Topgun?

Sigh... okay, guess I have to say a few more things about the downtown disney like area...

-People staying at the Kings Island Hotel and other places could also go there for another entertainment option

-A roller coaster would be built around the town, so a better roller coaster would replace Top Gun

-Why was Attitudes added? How about Thrill Riders? Lotsapalooza? Panda Express?

Fontana Bistro? Midway Treats and Eats? Cause they improve the overall area. And do you think people go to Disney World to shop and eat at Downtown Disney? No. But it boosts the number of options and the overall appeal. The same would be with the area.