PKILIfeguard

3/15--BREAKING NEWS: PKI HAS IJ:ST CARS IN PLACE

Paramount's Kings Island has it's IJ:ST cars on the track and in place with their new 2005 attraction. In an obvious call-out to those that believe that IJ:ST cars were burned in the fire, they have posted pictures of the trains on the track. It is not clear on how many trains are at PKI, however, the date for the opening has not been postponed due to the destruction of the warehouse in which some of the equipment for the trains were stored. Set to open on May 19th the park also has finished it's construction the parking garage, and helicopter portion of the attaction. Here is a preview...

Mini Coopers on Track

It looks cool and all but they look kinda toy like...If the cars were individual, they can put them on a wild mouse :)

http://multimedia.pki.com/images/news/splashdown_mc3.JPG - Shall be a great head chopper!

Actually, notice how the cars do not have multiple colours. In that picture its blue,red,red. Maybe they exchanged a burned white car for another red...?

Edited by pcwfreak

Speculate all you want, but I think that PKI has something up their sleeve. They're not saying whether or not the cars were burned for a reason, the element of surprise. PKI has an world-renowned PR team, and they are using that fire in their advantage. I think soon is going to be the ole' rabbit out of the hat trick. If the trains were destroyed in the fire, or if the ride would be affected in any major way, PKI would have been the firsts to come out and tell everyone.

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

It's not exactly an erector set - but it shouldn't take too long. Maybe a month.

Well, it is alot of weilding. Then the plastic shell. I'm sure the longest part is the testing the car goes under to make sure that everything is inorder and secured properly. You wouldnt like your seat to fall out going through a loop would you?

FOF, I just meant for any coaster car.

Who knows, Maybe PKI got cheap? :P Or maybe to make it look like a real Cooper!

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

And making them is a lot of work. There is no rapid prototyper that makes them. They have to be fabricated. You don't see all the inner workings - just the fiberglass shell. Even that part takes a couple days I am sure - per car.

Even that part takes a couple days I am sure - per car.

Mind you it is now 3/17 and it doesn't open up until 5/19. That's just over 2 months to make at least 6 cars. It can be done.

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

Yeah - I am sure that it will open on time. I am just saying that they don't just pull a completed train out their butts in a couple days! :lol:

<_< You can make me sick...

I think that it would be cool if PKI burned the trains on purpose as a big surprise, but come on! That is a chance one out of 100,000!

I know that I'll probaly be at te park for the opening day of the park but I'm not sure about being there for IJ:ST