Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Firehawk Goes Vertical! March 7, 2007

Now that I look at it more, I hope they paint those supports because they look awful and also, are they supposed to look like that on the bottom? The way they're screwed in looks like the thing will shake like crazy and collapse.

That's great! Maybe they can pull this off...

But I have to say that the red/brown paint color they chose for the track is butt-ugly.

I was looking through the X-Flight photos on my site and it's really hard to tell exactly what those supports are in relation to the ride. How is the ride going to be placed?

What's throwing me off are the footings in the background towards Son of Beast so I don't know if those supports are for the horseshoe turn or if they are for one of the direction changing parts of the coaster (i.e. lie to fly or fly to lie).

Now that I've seen the newer photo it looks like they are working on the part that comes after the horseshoe. That's my guess.

Edited by Geauga Dog

I believe that is one of the parts of the horseshoe.

This is pretty close to the position: http://capital2.capital.edu/admin-staff/da...at/firehawk.png

Note: That image is a *little* off. The turn between the brakes and the station will be further down, right next to the FOF queue building, but the helix position is correct. Just picture the ride rotated a little counterclockwise.

Wow, that was a really good idea. I just hope that the station and everything else is back a little bit more. Otherwise, the line won't be long...

Look on the Racer though. A little bit of a bug by Google Earth.

I believe that is one of the parts of the horseshoe.

This is pretty close to the position: http://capital2.capital.edu/admin-staff/da...at/firehawk.png

Note: That image is a *little* off. The turn between the brakes and the station will be further down, right next to the FOF queue building, but the helix position is correct. Just picture the ride rotated a little counterclockwise.

Id be surprized if something shows up on google earth soon.