Sign in to follow this  
HOYS

New For 2007! Firehawk!

Hello.

It's been a while since I've made a post here. I've been lurking around the forums and reading a few posts recently, and I realized I missed this forum.

Congrats on a new coaster PKI. I hope Firehawk fits in well with the other great attractions in the park and hopefully you will all get an opportunity to enjoy it this season without it suffering some sort of major malfunction. I have not ridden X-Flight, or Batwing or BORG, but I have heard great things about them all and it looks like it will be a good season for PKI.

I WISH I could say the same thing about PCW, which at the moment is getting no new rides this year, for the second year in a row. All we're getting is new indoor restaurants (which are nice...but come on...our last new ride was built in 2005...we want more).

But anyway, does anyone know when they plan to repaint the track pieces? I would have figured they would have done it before it was shipped to the park, but I guess I was wrong. Also, are there any construction tours scheduled any time soon? I know they probably won't start building until the whole coaster arrives, but hopefully you guys will be able to get a closer look like you were able to do with Italian Job.

There will be a construction tour during ACE Winter SOAR on March 3. The EPKI Staff will be there to do a large photo update and possibly a video.

I've been told that due to time constraints and the cold weather currently, they'll be painting the ride after assembly is complete.

They're supposed to go vertical with the steel this month, although that was said BEFORE the current winter storm, so hopefully they'll be able to get SOMETHING up by the tour.

This year ACE choose to enforce their "members and their guests" rule unlike past years. Unfortunately as a result of this some people were turned away, most were angry and one lady was crying. It was kind of sad to see a black eye on the park since ACE gets so many benefits. You'd think they'd try to avoid that... I guess not.