Sign in to follow this  
HOYS

New For 2007! Firehawk!

Lines were non-existent when I rode X-Flight as it would be early before the crowds arrived. I've read of waits up to an hour on some message boards over the summer.

Actually there will be one queue line but the line would split as you approached the station giving guests an option of what side they want to board the ride. It seemed the line closest to the station's wait was a little shorter than the second station's as they had a little more queue to go through before they reached the stairs. Hopefully Kings Island will improve on the queuing for Firehawk.

Yeah, I hope!

We STILL don't know the exact orientation of the ride, location of entrances, etc. Hopefully once they start getting the footers finished and post some construction photos, we'll be able to tell more.

For anybody thats seen the official video on PKI.com, they intercut the cgi ride footage with scenes of flying over some cool scenery (stream, forestry stuff). Does anybody know if this is close to KI property or did they use footage from somewhere else? It looks awesome nonetheless.

Probably somewhere else speaking that the coaster shown in the video is not X-Flight itself, but Stealth. The only difference between Stealth and X-Flight is the end. Stealth has a more "Corkscrew" idea, while X-Flight is a straight piece of track that spins. X-Flight gave an amazing feeling in the area though. Your being thrown to I want to say right side. Maybe it's the left. For me, this was the scariest part of the whole ride. (At this point, I still hated coasters, but I still road pretty much everything. Doesn't make sense I know. But hating roller coasters, that was the worst part in my opinion. So that probably means that liking coasters now, it's on of the best parts on the ride.)

Edited by Hendrick

Well I haven't commented on the "new" news yet, I guess the biggest part of the press release for me was the fact that SOB isn't going to be open by Opening Weekend, and they really couldn't give us an estimate on when it will reopen. Of course I'm excited for Firehawk, but probably won't make the trek over to KI until SOB opens again. :(

Ya, I probably won't go to KI until SOB is opened. And to think I delayed my trip last year by a week expecting that thing to be open by the time I was there...

^ That definitely sucks...I'm not saying SOB is the only reason I would go to KI, but if I only make it over there once this summer, I want to make sure my favorite ride is open.

Wow, that article is really nice.

"Right now we have a section that has no track," and various possibilities are still being considered."

It's good to know they are taking their time to make sure it's still an enjoyable ride without its former climax. :)

I think the track is red , rails yellow , and supports black.

They never said anything about Yellow rails or Black supports. They said red and steel gray. I think it will look similar if not exactly like Stealth did.

After boarding their four-across yellow and red pilot seats, guests are lowered backward and begin their ascent up the 115-foot-tall red and steel gray lift hill, only to be flipped over and jetted at top speeds through ½ mile of steel track over the course of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Where does it say the track will be yellow? It says the trains will be yellow and red.

Edited by PKIVortex

On Geauga Lake today:

http://www.geaugalaketoday.com/X_Flight_Remembrance.htm

X-Flight was the next generation of Vekoma Flying Dutchman coasters as it had several differences to the prototype that opened in 2000 as Stealth at Paramount's Great America in Santa Clara, California.... The ride was also designed to lower riders on their back as they went up the lift hill, a feature that didn't quite work on X Flight, thus the trains were lowered in the station before departure.

Anybody know if they plan to fix that?

Edited by Hendrick

On Geauga Lake today:

http://www.geaugalaketoday.com/X_Flight_Remembrance.htm

X-Flight was the next generation of Vekoma Flying Dutchman coasters as it had several differences to the prototype that opened in 2000 as Stealth at Paramount's Great America in Santa Clara, California.... The ride was also designed to lower riders on their back as they went up the lift hill, a feature that didn't quite work on X Flight, thus the trains were lowered in the station before departure.

Anybody know if they plan to fix that?

If there is I think they should keep it the way it is currently.