Sign in to follow this  
HOYS

New For 2007! Firehawk!

Nice video. I assume that was taken at the employee's meeting?

Now, this is sad when I see two issues with that video.

One, the chairs when they recline. X-Flight always reclined in the station, and so did the other two flyers. However, when the moved the one (I believe Steath, but I don't know the new name. BORG maybe?) they edited the ride for the chairs to recline on the way up the hill. But X-Flight always reclined in the station.

The second was the "corkscrews". Only in one of the flyers (the first one, I wan't to say the name was Stealth) did it have corkscrews. The others were a straight line, but the track twisted. Rather than the track rotating around the car (as shown in the video), the car rotates around the track.

And look whats on the front page at rcdb.com

"Latest News:

2/5/2007 - Firehawk Debuts at Kings Island Memorial Day Weekend Press Release"

And PKIVortex, I can count 13, 14 if you count the racer as 2.

AE

The Beast

Vortex

Firehawk

SOB

Face/Off

Beastie

Top Gun

Racer

Runaway Reptar

IJ:ST

FOF

Little Bil Giggle Coaster

Yes I know they don't count Gemini twice. But All I was saying that they did count Racer twice at KI about 5 years ago. Racer Forwards was a ride, and Racer Backwards was a ride. Each side even had it own number on the map.

That seems like kind of a crappy rider per hour capacity. I predict VERY long waits for this one...

Incidentally, can anyone talk about its downtime record when it was X? Hopefully it will have a better life at PKI...

Edited by Emiroo

We got to remember that it can run two stations. However, GL never ran two stations with it.

Oh gosh. Batwing has SUCH long lines! Be ready to wait, and it will be even longer if its one station and plus its new so its gonna be LONG.

I missed that, what happened?

Lets just put it this way. He got banned... No clue what happened, but thats enough for me.

Oh gosh. Batwing has SUCH long lines! Be ready to wait, and it will be even longer if its one station and plus its new so its gonna be LONG.

How long is Batwings lines during the weekday? The lines everywhere are always extremely long during the weekend, but normally the weekdays are another story.

I also heard that KI was going to have an official press conference today on the 2007 plans. Did anyone else hear about this?

Edited by Hendrick

Geauga Lake did run both stations a lot more frequently this past season, especially on those very busy company outings. So to say they never did it would be incorrect.

I, however, like the logo. The font has to still grow on me but the overall logo almost has a Raptor-type look with the menacing eyes and beak of the hawk.

So will it be painted in pieces on the ground before being assembled? or After construction is done? Doing it on the ground seems like it would make more sense to me but i don't know much about coaster construction/movement

Geauga Lake did run both stations a lot more frequently this past season, especially on those very busy company outings. So to say they never did it would be incorrect.

I, however, like the logo. The font has to still grow on me but the overall logo almost has a Raptor-type look with the menacing eyes and beak of the hawk.

How were the lines verses when both stations were running verses the days when only one was?

And there would then be two lines then, correct? One for each station?