Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Major Kings Island History Update

About two months after the decision was made to do some reorganizing and expansion of the Kings Island History section, the main part of the upgrade has now been put online.

NEW ADDITIONS: Reorganized History Gallery

Fun Guides: 1978, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1993

Map: 1979 Souvenir Poster

Live Entertainment Brochures: 1982, 1986

Park Brochures: 1996, 1997, 1998

Vortex Times Newsletters: March 1987, April 1987, May 1987

Photos: Brian Neal 1980s and Chris Schofield Late 1970s

Postcards: Print Pack Circa 1980

NEW ADDITION: Historical Videos

Featuring two videos: The Bat video from Coasterdad, featuring the original Arrow HUSS promotional video, and a segment featuring interviews and detailed video of The Bat in action! Also featuring an old Arrow Dynamics video featuring the prototype testing model of the Suspended coaster in action at their facility in Utah.

IMPROVEMENTS: Timeline and Defunct Attraction

The Timeline and Defunct Attractions pages have received some minor updating and adjusting. All Defunct Attraction entries now have a photo.

NEW PAGE: Coming Soon!

NOTES: The new page as well as a 2000 brochure and a couple more sets of photos will be coming in February. The Bat video from Coasterdad is not quite finished and is available in the same state as the preview release several days ago. It will be finished and re-uploaded as soon as possible.

ExtremePKI.com :: Kings Island History

Special thanks go to Paul Bonifield (TOPGUN1993) for scanning the majority of this update, Brian Neal for providing most of the materials, and Coasterdad for contributing the Bat video!

Excellent job to everyone who put this together, and to who ever it is that keeps this site running. This website is what has reignited my excitement about KI, for awhile it kinda got away from me but now the ol Kings Island blood is running through my veins at a rampant pace and I credit some of that to all of you. I LOVE history, especially the history of things I'm very interested in, so thanks again for the look back in time and for all your hard work!!!

That wasnt the bat prototype, it was the suspended coaster prototype. So it is not like the Bat was originally designed to have a corkscrew, or at least I hope not!!! I wish I had that model so bad!!!!

Now that is freakin sweet!!! :wild: :rolling:

So why is Boo-Boo's Baggage Claim made to look like it was called that from 1972-2005 I'm only griping because it was called JabberJaws Tubs and it was my fav as kid. :)

Edited by TRexRage1993

Yeah, it was no longer available when they were released in 2006. :P

I'll be starting the 2007 entry soon.

Okay.Yup you are right. Thanks. the new history section has very good pictures.

Edited by Skywriter