Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

'Major new thrill ride' coming to Kings Island

Delirium was set to be themed to the movie The Core but Paramount split on the idea.

I hear they didnt want to front the money to have it themed...cheap b@sturds!!!

No it was not, the core was to be for a potential FOF re-theme, one of the ones originally preferred to the sound wave concept. However the core performed horribly at the box office, and that was no surprise, its a terrible movie.

Delirium was set to be themed to the movie The Core but Paramount split on the idea.

No it was not, the core was to be for a potential FOF re-theme, one of the ones originally preferred to the sound wave concept. However the core performed horribly at the box office, and that was no surprise, its a terrible movie.

Nope your wrong they wanted to theme Delirium to The Core...just ask Shaggy over at PKIC he knows more about it than I do but he'll tell you the same thing...only insiders knew of this plan yeah The Core was also a concept for a coaster but did fairly bad on those surveys.

Nope your wrong they wanted to theme Delirium to The Core...just ask Shaggy over at PKIC he knows more about it than I do but he'll tell you the same thing...only insiders knew of this plan yeah The Core was also a concept for a coaster but did fairly bad on those surveys.

I know Mr. Keeter fairly well, the only theme for delirium having the core would have been in name only, no actual theming elements such as special effects, it wasnt scrapped because they were "cheap bastards" but because the movie was awful.

Not a movie, but it will have to be re-named.

Runaway Reptar

Fairly Odd Coaster.

My vote is for The Beastie to come back as the name.

I will always call it the Beastie. It was a great name, and it's amazing how similar that coaster is to The Beast, speaking that it was built first.

I heard they purchased the current names. But eventually, their going to have to change. Better to change sooner than later. My vote for The Beastie name is The Beastie. Can't imagine calling Top Gun, Face/Off, or Runaway Reptar anything else.

lol, that'd be interesting. Actually, a big rumor states that it will be painted colors like red, orange, yellow, or black, and be renamed "Fire Hawk". I don't really like that since Flight of Fear is space themed, and this would be more mythical creature themed. But hey, like I said, it's only a rumor.

Bzzz. Wrong. The announcement will be Monday, February 5.

Yeah he is right it is Feb.5,2007. Feb.2,2007 was the old date.SEEEEEE

New ride at Kings Island?

BY JESSICA BROWN | JLBROWN@ENQUIRER.COM

MASON - So what are those neon-green pieces of metal in the parking lot of Paramount's Kings Island?

Could they be chunks of the park's newest roller coaster? The rumor mill says yes, and to many, the hunks of metal look familiar.

Park officials have confirmed that a new $10 million thrill ride will be coming this summer but won't give out details until Feb. 5.

However, fan Web sites are abuzz with speculation, saying it's the former Geauga Lake coaster called X-Flight.

"If that is what it is, that'd be a nice addition," said Don Helbig, a former Fairfield resident and member of American Coaster Enthusiasts. "They've (Kings Island) got some great wooden coasters, but they needed something new in the steel family."

For the past few days, park fans have been keeping tabs on - and taking photos of - the comings and goings of heavy equipment and trucks carrying pieces of what is believed to be the park's first new roller coaster since the Italian Job: Stunt Track opened in 2005.

If it is the X-Flight, it would be the park's first major steel coaster since the Vortex opened in 1987.

X-Flight is a 3,340-foot-long, 115-foot-tall steel coaster featuring a 66-foot-tall loop and several corkscrew twists.

The $15 million coaster was the most popular thrill ride at Geauga Lake amusement park in Aurora while it operated from 2001 to 2006.

It was the Midwest's first "flying" coaster. Riders get strapped into seats that recline so they are flat on their backs. About halfway up the lift hill, the whole coaster train flips and riders are facing the ground, dangling from the train at 51 mph.

Geauga Lake and Kings Island are both owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment Co

Edited by Skywriter

MOD EDIT: DO NOT POST EMPLOYEE-ONLY INFORMATION HERE

O, thats no fun... :P

I'm sure it just has to do with X-Flight, and the public will probably know Monday...

Which is weird, because I hate Mondays. Their just a start of another week. But this Monday will have something good. So the question becomes, do I want Monday to come or not? I wish it was the 3rd like I had heard for a day.

^ Man that one thing was an employee only deal? LOL, was wondering why that wasn't bigger news on here. Good thing I wasn't changing my plans to drive over there for the party!!! :lol:

lmao wouldn't it be a surprise if it wasn't x-flight we were getting? I had a bad dream the other night that I went to ki on opening day, and my friends and I went running excitedly to the back of the park to find x-flight, and all that was there was a big patch of brown land with pieces of green track randomly scattered everywhere :cry:

That was great. Just all of X-Flight just laying there, with a sign that says, "Maybe Next Year..."

But, I really want to know what that thing is now.... Lucky jorhawle. I missed it by 15 minutes.