Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

'Major new thrill ride' coming to Kings Island

The Borg is an alien life form from "Star Trek: The Next Generation". They were featured in a few episodes of the series, but also in the movie "First Contact", which came out about 8-10 years ago. They are a nearly unstoppable (except by the Enterprise! ;) ) force who are half organic, half robot. They assimilate other life forms into their collective, hence ending that culture/life form. Ya really need to see the series/movie to fully understand. Anyway, they are pretty cool and you can see Borg Assimilator at Carowinds at rcdb.com. Also, google Borg and you'll get way more info than you will ever need.

But then wouldn't you have to pay for that name? That was part of the problem that PKI had, too much to pay for the names.

Edited by Hendrick

TRexRage1993: Sorry 'bout that Sport! Now I'm worried you're going to come crush my spine... :(

Nahh you have nothing to worry about-See I'm fairly tall and I have that on my sig to let all my friends at PKI know who I really am. ;)

New Ride Coming To Kings Island

Jan 25 2007 1:10PM

Paramount's Kings Island won't announce its new thrill ride until next month, but roller coaster fans think

they know what it is.

Neon-green pieces of metal in the theme park's parking lot in Mason have spurred fan belief that it is X-Flight. That coaster was removed late last year from the Geauga Lake park in northeastern Ohio.

The X-Flight would be the park's first major steel coaster since the Vortex opened in 1987. It is a 115-foot-tall steel coaster featuring a 66-foot-tall loop and several corkscrew twists. The coaster inverts riders to give them the sensation of soaring through the air and reaches a top speed of 51 mph.

Both parks are owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company.

Major new steel coaster since vortex??? What about FOF? Face/Off? Top Gun? What the hell is MAJOR?

Edited by PKILIfeguard

With Paramount fading away, bit by bit, I highly doubt Borg will become the name...but hey thats just me. However, I think x-flight is a little generic, even though it will belong in the same area as FOF.

im just happy to see the track in the parking lot, on my way to school everyday i have to squint through the dark to see the lighted semi's, but its AWESOME! lol does anyone know the date that they set for it to be done?

I really don't see them having the press conference, and not telling us the name. But I have seen it before, so they don't HAVE to tell us the name.

again... no offense to the Trekkies...but KI has enough movie and television themed attractions...I WANT SOMETHING ORIGINAL...its bad enough we had to rip a ride off of another park (though I'm not at all complaining) but to rip a name off of a show...come on...KI can do better, we should expect better.

Ya. I'm getting tired of the naming after all the movies. However, I do like the name Top Gun. That one just totally fits that ride for me. Personal opinion though.

I totally agree with you on Top Gun, and I mean there are a couple of other rides that have respectable movie names, obviously Face/Off comes to mind. But still, I'd like for a new original name. Is Delirium named after a movie? I sure can't think of it if it is. That's a cool name if not.