Sign in to follow this  
jorhawle

FX Action Theatre

Anyone know if they will be changing the film playing in the action theater this season? I'm about over Spongebob. They need something exciting. I know the kids all like it, but give the adults something cool to watch. Something like Days of Thunder or the James Bond they had in there.

i REALLY hope they get something new. Iwerks has a decent stock of newer films, they need to open both sides of the theater all the time with two movies that have never been used here before, or at least some blasts from the past.

Definitely agree, I mean in the heat of the summer that line is packed with people who crave air conditioning, but they are also craving some adventure, why not give it to them? Something needs to be done, it is such a cool ride, I mean not intense by any means, but just a cool ride for the entire family; of course it all hinges on what is being played.

Some of my greatest memories of Kings Island as a kid is being in FX Theatre. However, with Paramount slowly disconnecting itself, what do you all think the chances of having good films in there are now? Or does it not really matter if Paramount is there?

I personally liked the Spongebob movie (get that :censored: pickle!) but only because like jorhawle said it provided some heat relief. It was funny if you went with a group of friends, but by yourself it just wasn't worth the time. But I think that they should bring back the Days of Thunder movie. That was my first FX movie, and I have missed it ever since.

:scooby:

Well I hear that The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera will be returning for the 2007 Season!

As for Spongebob 3D I couldnt tell you I havent heard anything but I do have to say this much just because it isnt on the site doesnt mean it wont be playing come Spring.

The park needs to stop playing the Hannah Barbera movie or atleast give you some 3d glasses, focus the damn thing, get a decent reel, and synch the audio up properly, they really do a dis-service to what would be a decent attraction for kids.

I agree completely. At least put the effort into The Funtastic World that was put into Spongebob 3D. I like Spongebob but even though everything is messed up on The Funtastic World I still like it more.

^Its not really the ride crew so much as tech services poorly maintaining the equipment. I agree, funtastic world could be very fun, however the quality of the film is just awful. They need to gut the theatre and re-vamp it, or tear it down and put some scooters there.

That pic of the TV in the pre-show for Action Theather, was that on the side they were using at the time? Looks like the TV was on the wrong channel.

Yeah, that was during Fearfest on the Funhouse Express side. Elvira wasn't even open that day and yet the Elvira preshow was running, and the Funhouse ones were dead.

i didnt like the funhouse ride

i found it boring, but i guess if its not in 3-d then i would find it boring

OMG 100th Post YAY

Edited by Skyhawk_91

I've been looking around and i've seen talks about certain films that i must have missed out on...Smash Factory and Secrets of The Temple (something to that degree). Can somebody fill me in on what they were like.

It seems weird that I've gone almost every year but seemed to miss these. :blink:

^ Was smash factory the one where you were in the stunt car inside some like car testing area? You were like one of the crash test dummies? Because I really enjoyed that one, probably the last movie in there I really liked.

James Bond: License to Thrill remains to be my all time favorite film though...that was pure magic for me back then.

Anybody have any pictures of that floating around, not neccessarily the film( I'm sure there are copyright issues or something) but the huge banner they had outside or the themeing inside? That'd make my day.