Sign in to follow this  
jorhawle

Ghosts?

Anyone have any fun stuff about the supposed haunting at the Eiffel Tower from the teen that fell from it. I can't remember what website I was at that had haunted stories from different theme parks, and Kings Island was one of them.

Well, first, half the people don't believe in ghost. Second, if they have been there before, and no one has seen it, (besides the 3 people who reported it,) theres no reason not to go.

I just find the stories very interesting, I myself have never seen or heard a ghost before, most certainly not at Kings Island, but the stories and legends of the park are pretty fascinating I think. I would hope that most people would choose to go to the park regardless of a few ghost stories. But I wonder why KI never cashed in on the opportunity, I mean they could film some kind of Ghost Hunters thing there and it would be great publicity.

I remember back in 2002 when I worked at Potato Works, they had an end of season party, and I had to call my mom to come pick me up, so I walked from FestHaus to the bathrooms by Racer and heard a child laughing, and saw something going up Racer's lift hill, so I walked closer and it was a boy walking up, it looked at me then disappeared, it was pretty messed up, add that in with the fact that non of the lights were on, and I took off toward the gate.

Well, the ghost stories would be great for October Fest.

That child one, wow. Did you research it at all? Since The Racer is the oldest one at the park... I haven't heard of any storys of a wreck on The Racer.

Well more odd things happen about 1am at PKI let me just say walking past the vortex is extremely creepy really late at night you get a sense of your being watched.

Edited by TRexRage1993

I think KI should have one night where they do an all nigher for the general public. Wouldn't that be fun, flying through the woods at 60 MPH at 3 A.M.

I think KI should have one night where they do an all nigher for the general public. Wouldn't that be fun, flying through the woods at 60 MPH at 3 A.M.

That's a really cool idea. :D I would totally do it. It'd be kind of like a KI Lock in...it could be part of fearfest...maybe...i don't know, im rambling... <_<

That'd be an awfully cold night during Fearfest...but I guess maybe that would keep the crowd level down, because I think that idea would absolutely take off in a hurry. That would totally be awesome!!! I rarely ride any other rides after dark other than Beast, I would love to get a whole nights worth of riding in.

The only ride I have ridden in the dark was AE. That was the only time I stayed till sunset, and at that time, AE was the only ride I liked. Too bad I didn't like Roller Coasters. Rest of my family went on KC, the last year it was open.

And you guys are right, you would have a bunch of people there. Maybe have 5 or 6 nights a year when you do that then.

About the only thing other than racoons that run loose are the wild cats that make the park home. I used to see them all the time at night. Speaking of all nighters, I worked the very first grad night in 1973 when it was open all night for the grads.

Mike

Anyone know who or how to get something started to ask the right people for an allnighter? It seems as though the park could really make a lot of money from it. I wonder if any of Cedar Fair's other parks do an all nighter? Anyone know?

Well, the ghost stories would be great for October Fest.

That child one, wow.  Did you research it at all?  Since The Racer is the oldest one at the park... I haven't heard of any storys of a wreck on The Racer.

That's 'Racer Boy.' Check out the link from KDogg on page 1.

This is from a guy named 'Adam Bartlett' at themeparkinsider: "He appears usually just before sunset or else after dark as a figure walking along the tracks of the racer. He's small and usually dressed in white. Most often he's reported by guests who ask why there's a boy by the tracks or in the tunnel."

There's a massive, 27 page thread about this ghostly subject here.

http://www.pkicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=281

Welcome to the site, NewKIFan! I remember reading that book a loooooong time ago, and from what i remember it was about a couple of kids getting help from a ghost that haunted the ride...but could somebody refresh my memory?

Edited by BeastlyPAT07

Thanks. Yeah, thats pretty much it. It was pretty cool, the ghost operated and rode the ride with the kids. It was a good book. I dont know if there was a second one or not.