KIExtreme Forums

Clue to what we will get

Definitely agree, there is no reason why KI shouldn't get a stand-up, especially considering that they pioneered a stand-up looping coaster in the first place. And I think it would be cool to honor the old King Cobra with a new King Cobra.

X-Flight looks interesting, would like to see it at KI.

I vote a big "NO" on another stand-up, can't stand them. :D I have issues with the bicycle seat restraint system. Don't mean to be graphic, but did any other males have painful encounters with that seat? I've experienced the same thing on Chang.

The stand-up concept has been somewhat surpassed in my opinon by the B&M floorless coaster. The stand-up was meant, in my view, as a way to free the rider from the closed-in feeling of a traditional car. Stand-ups have no sides or fronts to the trains. However, the necessary (???) restraint system dulled the intented effect. Side vision was greatly reduced, especially for shorter folks, by the shoulder/head restraints. The large, pillar-like enplacements for the riders greatly restricted the forward view. Referring back to my earlier post, the bicycle seat was very painful for some guys, but I suppose necessary in case of fainting/knees buckling. I see no other way of preventing riders from falling down or even out without the seat or a similar crotch device. A buddy of mine from high school loved KC but hated the seat. He actually wore a cup on several trips to KI so he could ride it pain-free!!

Perhaps there is no way of reducing the restraints, but they were the Achilles heal of the stand-ups in my opinon. I suspect floorless coasters will surpass them due to the open, exposed sensation.

Ya, when you put it that way, I see what you mean. The thing I don't like about the floorless coasters though is that they are 4 a row. I know most stand ups are like that, (Not KC) and sadly, X-Flight is like that. I don't mind feeling cramped, nor being flinged around at 50 MPH, but putting those two together, not my cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, well with Tomb Raider you do the restraints yourself...and that sucks as it is. Then they just have the god awful extra push by the 'belt checking people'.

Anyway, i never had a chance to ride KC but from what i've heard, the seats were a pain in the butt...no pun intended.

Well I'm 6'2" and KC was still uncomfortable. As I said before, that bicycle seat was the problem. The worst parts were at the bottom of the first drop entering the loop, coming out at the bottom of the loop and the bunny hops at the end. Any big downward g's were rough on the "boys"!

As to the ride ops, I always tried to bend my knees while they locked the restraints, but they always made me straighten up. I would ask for a little slack, but to no avail! :angry: