Skyhawk_91

on the news...

did anyone see that amusement parks want schools to start later...like after labor day...that would be awesome...i guess they complain that attendence goes down after school starts.

I wouldn't mind if my school went to the "year round program" where we would go for like six weeks and then have like two weeks off. and then have a bit longer break in the summer, like a month or so.... I know that had little to do with starting after labor day...but that kind of a system would help theme parks out as well i think. Plus it would keep me sane and engaged in school a little better too.

Yes my daughter goes to a year-round school and we love it she starts in July around the 20th and gets 2 ½ weeks off for fall break which is nice because we get to go on vacation during the off season and save a lot of money as well our destinations or less crowded as well. Winter break is about the same but get 3 full weeks off for spring break then 51/2 weeks for summer. My personal opinion is that Ohio schools will be less likely to adopt the year round schedule out of fear for their tourist destinations would suffer greatly. Now if the tourist destination lobbyist were smart they should encourage the year round schools with the exception that they should stager the different districts start times so as to that all the schools would not all be out at the same time. This would actually give them a longer season and also would help camps and other associated business to have longer and even a year-round seasons. I have never heard anyone to date who goes to a year-round school say they don’t like it.

im from indiana and i dont like it because kids have like 4H camps and other stuff that its hard to work around

I don't know your age, are you saying that you are or any of your children go to a year-round school?

no im 16 i hate the idea i show pigs in 4H and state fair and i already cant show some at the indiana state fair because of school

I could not go to the Indiana State Fair, because of football practice.

Yeah I heard about how they want school to start after labor day but to be honest I doubt that they'll get what they around were I hail from the kiddies go to school in aug and get out in may so thats plenty of time to spend mad cash while on summer break.