Hendrick

Son Of Beast Update?

Does anyone know whats new with the SOB? That is by far my favorite ride at the park. (Then the beast, and hopefully XFlight. I rode that once, and it was fun to say the least.)

I know they were planning on replacing that piece of wood, but is it done (I believe it was). But... have they tested it, and did it past? If not, what else has to happen, and when is it expected to open? (In time for the whole 2007)? I am dieing to make the trip up there within the opening week, but, I want to make sure that my favorite ride is there and working.

Thanks.

Edited by Hendrick

Maureen said it would be open for the 2007 season. ;)

All I can say I think it will open very late next year if it does there is still much more testing needed maybe more repairs heck the do not know for a fact what happened to cause the Jolt in the track they think it was a cracked board but others say it was the break had failed they installed this year. I have no ideal what is going to happen I hope this ride does reopen but I Thin why rush things because if there is not a good inspection more and more injury's could occur. all i have to say is do not rush. I'm not trying to attack you.

I have no ideal what is going to happen .

Exactly! You, also have no idea what is going on. Do you work for the park? No. Do you work for SEA Limited, the company contracted by the state to investigate the ride? No. Do you work for the state? No. Mrs. Kaiser says what she is told she is allowed to say and she works for the park as the official spokesperson for the park, who knows whats going on. Maybe SOB wont be open opening day....but she has said what she has been told to say and she is the best source of information right now. Not you, someone who has no professional or logical opinion on the matter. Why dont you do a little research before you make up your own facts? A hint to whether SOB will open soon or not is right here:

State of Ohio Department of Agriculture Controlling Board Agenda

Click the agenda for 10/16/06 and view item number 23 (make sure pop up blocker is turned off) and do a little reading about the investigation before you claim to know whats going on with it.

Suck it son.

Sounds like you sure hate the ride.

Ya, I know that it is best to take things slowly, and not rush them, I was just wondering if there was any news that I by chance missed. Last time I heard anything about it was in August, so I wasn't sure what I may have missed.

Thanks for filling me in.

Who me? Not at all, I actually enjoyed SOB this season many times before it closed. What I hate is that Skywriter was answering your honest and innocent question with an uninformed, illogical, blatant lie that was just his opinion not real fact. If you go to that link I posted you can read the states official mid way report on the investigation and get some real facts.

Yay!!! I love SOB...I was looking forward to riding it this summer but it went down like a week before we were supposed to go...I'm not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed... But now it looks like i have it to look forward to this coming season... :D

Who me? Not at all, I actually enjoyed SOB this season many times before it closed. What I hate is that Skywriter was answering your honest and innocent question with an uninformed, illogical, blatant lie that was just his opinion not real fact. If you go to that link I posted you can read the states official mid way report on the investigation and get some real facts.

Wow aren't we a little moody today.All I was trying to say is that lets not rush things and get a good inspection so the ride can open as soon as possible.I personally love the ride. I believe Marueen but think about it there has been stuff stated for her that sometimes is not true for granted she can only tell us what she is told. Another thing is that she stated it will open next year all i was trying to say is in my opinion it would not open till late June or July like last year because she did not sates when it would open.

how can i suck something you do not have.

Edited by Skywriter

Skywriter, let me quote Maureen in saying this:

"The State has concluded its inspection of the ride and determined the cause to be a single event failure. Basically, that means that one single piece of wood split, causing a chain reaction of several other pieces. This happened at or just before the train went across the tracks. It would not have been detectible by our daily maintenance inspections."

That being said, there *isn't* much more testing to do, as you've said, and they *have* determined what caused the problem.

Wow aren't we a little moody today.All I was trying to say is that lets not rush things and get a good inspection so the ride can open as soon as possible.I personally love the ride. I believe Marueen but think about it there has been stuff stated for her that sometimes is not true for granted she can only tell us what she is told. Another thing is that she stated it will open next year all i was trying to say is in my opinion it would not open till late June or July like last year because she did not sates when it would open.

Well I didnt mean to harp on you so much but the original poster asked for an SOB update, not somones un-educated opinion on wheter or not the investigation was thourough or not, especially when they really have no idea.

Edited by CombatStupendous89

Aren’t we moody every day? :lol:

There will be significant changes to Son of Beast. It should be ready to open by the beginning of 2007. People will be very surprised by the changes. Just be patient and you will all find out what I am talking about.

^Not really moody, just right, because its people like drewbari and skywriter who think they know everything and like to just make up facts. Hence why this site has low credibility with the park and not the biggest audience. Don, Paul, and Colin are the only credible people on this site, and they are the real ones who make it what it is and they do a terrific job.

I never stated I knew everything. All I know is what info I get sent to me. Now you trying to say this site all false information then try to cover that up insulting over 100 people by saying they only people who know stuff are Don, Paul, and Colin the only people who know things. Yes they do have realizable sources but sometimes other people find good info before them. I think your the on who thinks they know it all.

^I didnt say I know everything, i just back up what I have to say with facts, unlike you who just states "well my opinion is that it cant open till 2008". The OP didnt ask for your opinion, and even if he did, your opinion has no backing to it. I backed up what I said with fact, hence while I linked to the state agriculture boards website regarding the SOB incident. I dont know everything but when I do know something I say it and I can back it up. I didnt state they were the only reputable people either, I know who PKI punk is, what he does, whom he works for, and what he knows regardings SOB, so there are reputable people on here. I was comparing drewbari to his fellow staff members.

^I didnt say I know everything, i just back up what I have to say with facts, unlike you who just states "well my opinion is that it cant open till 2008". The OP didnt ask for your opinion, and even if he did, your opinion has no backing to it. I backed up what I said with fact, hence while I linked to the state agriculture boards website regarding the SOB incident. I dont know everything but when I do know something I say it and I can back it up. I didnt state they were the only reputable people either, I know who PKI punk is, what he does, whom he works for, and what he knows regarding s SOB, so there are reputable people on here. I was comparing drewbari to his fellow staff members.

Well what I really meant to say is that I do not see it operating on the first park operating day and the last thing I knew that it was under inspection but have they rebuilt the part of the track. Btw I was there the day the people got injured I would have been on the next train.

Edited by Skywriter

I can tell you that "that" part of track that you are refering to is already repaired. The park is currently making modifications to a different area of track that will surprise some, but not others.

^Not really moody, just right, because its people like drewbari and skywriter who think they know everything and like to just make up facts. Hence why this site has low credibility with the park and not the biggest audience. Don, Paul, and Colin are the only credible people on this site, and they are the real ones who make it what it is and they do a terrific job.

I never stated I knew everything. All I know is what info I get sent to me. Now you trying to say this site all false information then try to cover that up insulting over 100 people by saying they only people who know stuff are Don, Paul, and Colin the only people who know things. Yes they do have realizable sources but sometimes other people find good info before them. I think your the on who thinks they know it all.

Wait just a minute. Why are you dragging me into this? I never said any thing. Sky Writer just ignore him, he is trying to get every one mad so they will go to the other sight.

Wait just a minute. Why are you dragging me into this? I never said any thing. Sky Writer just ignore him, he is trying to get every one mad so they will go to the other sight.

I'm not trying to get everyone mad to got to the other site I dislike the other site because there are to many users there and people tend to ignore you.Hey I'm not trying to be the bad guy here I misunderstood the question being stated and I should have done more research in this matter I really do not care to much about the Son Of The Beast it has always given me good and bad experiences I just did not get my facts straight . So please do not get mean towards me.I know a lot of info. I' love KI and have lost of knowledge of KI many people tell me to shut up abut KI but I keep telling them about.If Ki was shut down i would cry. :(

QUOTE (drewbari @ Dec 2 2006, 09:12 PM)

QUOTE (Skywriter @ Dec 1 2006, 04:24 PM)

QUOTE (CombatStupendous89 @ Dec 1 2006, 12:20 PM)

I'm not trying to get everyone mad to got to the other site I dislike the other site because there are to many users there and people tend to ignore you.Hey I'm not trying to be the bad guy here I misunderstood the question being stated and I should have done more research in this matter I really do not care to much about the Son Of The Beast it has always given me good and bad experiences I just did not get my facts straight . So please do not get mean towards me.I know a lot of info. I' love KI and have lost of knowledge of KI many people tell me to shut up abut KI but I keep telling them about.If Ki was shut down i would cry. sad.gif

LOL, I was telling you to ignore Combat, he is the butt kisser for that other sight.

Yeah. okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'm not trying to get everyone mad to got to the other site I dislike the other site because there are to many users there and people tend to ignore you.Hey I'm not trying to be the bad guy here I misunderstood the question being stated and I should have done more research in this matter I really do not care to much about the Son Of The Beast it has always given me good and bad experiences I just did not get my facts straight . So please do not get mean towards me.I know a lot of info. I' love KI and have lost of knowledge of KI many people tell me to shut up abut KI but I keep telling them about.If Ki was shut down i would cry. :(

LOL, I was telling you to ignore Combat, he is the butt kisser for that other sight.

to a certain point I could tell he hates this site for other things i have posted he attacks me.whatever i say is false and other people.It is funny to a point.Well I'm glad someone figured out what I was getting at.

Edited by Skywriter

^hahah, im no but kisser, I do work for them because I used to work with them at Best Buy and we currently have a partnership for a privately owned media company known as "One In Wins". Skywriter, I don’t hate you or this site. I am friends with the people who run this site. Don, Colin, Paul and I hung out many times this summer right along with PKIC people at all the events this year. I flamed you because of the way you claimed to know about SOB and I apologized for being rude about it but I was just trying to point out to you that your opinion was not based on facts. You’re a good kid and I believe that’s the only time I've flamed you. Drewbari, I'm not trying to lure people to the other "sight" but if you want to accuse me of that maybe you should try learning proper English:

A website (or site) is a collection of web pages, typically common to a particular domain name or sub domain on the World Wide Web on the Internet. (this is the one you should've used!)

A sight is an optical device used to assist aim by guiding the eye and aligning it with the weapon or other item to be pointed.

Just some helpful hints for ya, buddy! You should check www.dictionary.com before you post and maybe try typing a post in Microsoft Word and using the spell check before posting. By the way, that other "sight" gets a lot more views than this "sight" as well as a lot more attention from the park and partnerships with them, and instead of wasting our time whinging like you drew, we actually get content and help the members while building better friendships and working together with people like Paul, Don, and Colin instead of playing "PKI Ride Playoffs" on the forums.

^hahah, im no but kisser, I do work for them because I used to work with them at Best Buy and we currently have a partnership for a privately owned media company known as "One In Wins". Skywriter, I don’t hate you or this site. I am friends with the people who run this site. Don, Colin, Paul and I hung out many times this summer right along with PKIC people at all the events this year. I flamed you because of the way you claimed to know about SOB and I apologized for being rude about it but I was just trying to point out to you that your opinion was not based on facts. You’re a good kid and I believe that’s the only time I've flamed you. Drewbari, I'm not trying to lure people to the other "sight" but if you want to accuse me of that maybe you should try learning proper English:

A website (or site) is a collection of web pages, typically common to a particular domain name or sub domain on the World Wide Web on the Internet. (this is the one you should've used!)

A sight is an optical device used to assist aim by guiding the eye and aligning it with the weapon or other item to be pointed.

Just some helpful hints for ya, buddy! You should check www.dictionary.com before you post and maybe try typing a post in Microsoft Word and using the spell check before posting. By the way, that other "sight" gets a lot more views than this "sight" as well as a lot more attention from the park and partnerships with them, and instead of wasting our time whinging like you drew, we actually get content and help the members while building better friendships and working together with people like Paul, Don, and Colin instead of playing "PKI Ride Playoffs" on the forums.

I gotcha.Sorry for some of my rude comments to you.Those pictures your take are awesome.

I used sight, so the "good people" did not know what I was talking about. You don’t use proper English either. http://heishe.ytmnd.com/

1st off, it’s called the KI ride playoffs. 2nd you did not even play. 3rd the game is coming back in June, and you cant don’t any thing about it.

Edited by drewbari