Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Park dismantling coaster for move (X-Flight)

XFlight looks like it's a quick ride to fly through, still looks cool though. About 3,000 feet long, 2 minutes, 115 feet... sounds good. it'll be the... 4th tallest in the park? or 5th?

X-Flight is definatly a fun ride!

The sensation of going up the lift for the first time, on your back, is amazing. It redefines "Lift hill anticipation." You cant move your head back to see the track infront of you, so you only know when you are at the top of the lift when you are just about to go into the first lie to fly element.

The loop is the craziest feeling. You feel like your standing up and being pulled against the track while you can see everybody else in all the other cars. The rolls are my favorite part though. This is the part where you really feel like you are flying. They are slow but amazing.

they should make a hyper coastr flying roller coaster... oh wait, that's tatsu...

EDIT: if you crave extreme thrills, raging water adventures, FLYING THROUGH THE AIR...

was that in the rides area at pki.com before?

Edited by TombraiderTy

they should make a hyper coastr flying roller coaster... oh wait, that's tatsu...

Tatsu is not really a "HYPER FLYING COASTER ZOMG" it's just the tallest the B&M flyer. It doest have tall swooping hills that give toue the feel of air time, its just a terrain coaster built around the land specific to Magic Mountain, so not really a hyper coaster like Magnum. It's a shame its terrain, if that park closes they probably wont be able to save tatsu.

i think that the park needs another hypercoaster soon, a flying hypercoaster would be nice. And part of it could be terrain, that'd be cool...

So I think that it's pretty safe to say that XFlight will be our new coaster for 2007 and will be located near Flight of Fear.

yea seriously a hypercoaster is needed way badly....

i like that kings island wants to be a family park but isnt there a coaster enthusist in every family...not everyone wants to spend all day in kiddy land :D

I don't get it. Reading various park/enthusiast boards on the net, it seems people want to step up the thrills, if that's the correct term, at PKI. As of the park's recent installations, Italian Job and SoB, they are okay rides at best. At least X Flight, or whatever they will call it, would add more of a thrill factor to the park lineup.

I'd like to see a big steel coaster come in the future just like anyone. Maybe PKI will receive one. Before a hyper though I'd like to see a B&M invert.

They can easily clear land, and level it for X-Flight it they needed to. Also, to whoever asked where I get my banners for the signature, I can't remember. Some other people have them in their profiles, though. Sorry.

I don't get it. Reading various park/enthusiast boards on the net, it seems people want to step up the thrills, if that's the correct term, at PKI. As of the park's recent installations, Italian Job and SoB, they are okay rides at best. At least X Flight, or whatever they will call it, would add more of a thrill factor to the park lineup.

I'd like to see a big steel coaster come in the future just like anyone. Maybe PKI will receive one. Before a hyper though I'd like to see a B&M invert.

Thats exactly why you think all people want is thrills, cause your reading boards of thrill fans where the usual demographic is your average acer or moron who screams "OMG HYPER COASTER IS NEEDED SO BAD CAUSE I WOULD LIKE IT THE MOST". If you went to a message board where the usual demographic was families youd see them demanding other things so reading a message board tailored to one group does not give you a good opinion at all of what the GP likes hence why PKI has a marketing team which surveys the general public and views the demographics of which visit the park and tailor the park to who comes the most and who spends the money.

Combat, look at the two posts above mine - they want a hyper coaster. How many times have you read people moan about the family direction the Paramount Parks had taken during their brief ownership of the parks? I get tired of reading the same wants and desires over and over again regarding new coasters. "Kings Island needs a big new steel coaster."

Don't get me wrong, I like Kings Island as it is now. In fact I like Kings Island better than Cedar Point and I'd rather drive the three and a half hours south instead of the hour west from where I live. It has a good balance of attractions for everyone though the only thing they are sorely lacking in are the intermediate flat rides everyone can ride.

KI knows their market and the fact they had better attendance than the Point proves that. If I had my own park I'd run it the same way.

^Did you not read what I said? Cause I think you completely missed the point. The two people are whining and moaning about a hypercoaster cause they are enthusiasts, why is everyone whining all over the internet? Because they are enthusiast sites. They dont represent the whole GP who come to the park and thats why the park doesnt install coaster after coaster each year, the enthusiasts who whine do not even make up a large portion of guests at a particular park. Now, the demographic varies park, but generally its families, especially at Kings Island. This is why the family focus has been brought in in recent years because thats where the money is. CP still hasnt grasped that and CP has lost attendance and money according to their share holder meetings but the company as a whole performs well and CP does to a degree, but their newwer attractions have not been marketing victories. (and do not say maverick is a family coaster, a coaster with a 95 degree drop, 4 inversions, and two 70 mph launches is not a family coaster)

So in short, the people whining do not make up the largest demographic of park goers, that is why there has been no major coaster installations.

"But Combat, If PKI focuses on families why is X Flight, a pretty major and large coaster (possibly) being moved there?"

-Simple, we are most likely getting X flight because GL is very underperforming and the coaster is simply too much for their excellent maintenance staff to keep up with in all the aspects of cost, time, and staffing. PKI's maintenance team is led by 2 former heads of maintenace from Paramoutns Carowinds who have experience with Vekoma flyers, they also have the maintenace budget and larger maintenance staff. We are getting it simply because GL needs a weight off its shoulders and PKI is able to carry take on that weight with ease. The same reasons go for why it is not going to Michigans Adventure.

well im sorry for whining im just voicing my opinion on what i think would bring more people...i mean i cant say it would but i just find that whenever i got to kings island and cedar point it tends to be morely popular at cedar point and people always tell me that kings island sucks and that they have like small rides that arent worth the drive and money. Which i dont think kings island sucks but that it might wanna invest in something bigger for a moment

^Did you not read what I said? Cause I think you completely missed the point. The two people are whining and moaning about a hypercoaster cause they are enthusiasts, why is everyone whining all over the internet? Because they are enthusiast sites. They dont represent the whole GP who come to the park and thats why the park doesnt install coaster after coaster each year, the enthusiasts who whine do not even make up a large portion of guests at a particular park. Now, the demographic varies park, but generally its families, especially at Kings Island. This is why the family focus has been brought in in recent years because thats where the money is. CP still hasnt grasped that and CP has lost attendance and money according to their share holder meetings but the company as a whole performs well and CP does to a degree, but their newwer attractions have not been marketing victories. (and do not say maverick is a family coaster, a coaster with a 95 degree drop, 4 inversions, and two 70 mph launches is not a family coaster)

So in short, the people whining do not make up the largest demographic of park goers, that is why there has been no major coaster installations.

"But Combat, If PKI focuses on families why is X Flight, a pretty major and large coaster (possibly) being moved there?"

-Simple, we are most likely getting X flight because GL is very underperforming and the coaster is simply too much for their excellent maintenance staff to keep up with in all the aspects of cost, time, and staffing. PKI's maintenance team is led by 2 former heads of maintenace from Paramoutns Carowinds who have experience with Vekoma flyers, they also have the maintenace budget and larger maintenance staff. We are getting it simply because GL needs a weight off its shoulders and PKI is able to carry take on that weight with ease. The same reasons go for why it is not going to Michigans Adventure.

Thank YOU! I'm sick of all this crying and baby crap..PKI has done just fine without a big coaster for the past couple of seasons I mean families bring in more bling-bling than coaster nuts do..

I dont know who started this nasty rumor I say in the end most will be saddened when time reveals all.

Edited by TRexRage1993