Thundercracker

FoF gets re-themed?!?

Okay so the rumor goes FoF will soon get rethemed to MTV Soundwave which is okay with me and makes somewhat since because Outer Limits is nolonger a paramount property...so be on the look out because rumor has it PKI's and PKD's FoF will get a overhaul of new paint ect..and new theme

What do you think of FoF getting rethemed? :unsure:

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

I think it will be cool. FoF has awesome space theming - but the music would make it a really cool experience in my opinion. I don't know if they will do it though, because it might be too similar to Rock n Rollercoaster at Di$ney Epcot. :mickey:

Just wanna inform you all FoF will be getting re-themed here soon (2007 at the latest )to The MTV Soundwave the reason why is because FoF doesnt have a ''theme'' anymore since Paramount no longer holds the rights to Outer Limits plus it would give Coney Mall new life with the bright colors and such.

no no no no! For one i want to keep this theme. For 1 I HATE star trek because in va people think its gay and for the GEEKS. I love the theme we already have. Why would they spend their money on theming again when theres already theme and give up on buying a new ride?

Mod Edit: Please don't use that kind of language here. Thank you. You have been warned.[/color][/code]

Its gonna be a The Soundwave not Star Trek it will be themed after a concert taking place in a werehouse. While I cant really say if MTV will be part of the theme but it will be the soundwave I can say that much.

I wont be riding it anymore then. Its bad enough now. What are they gona do to it next? TAKE THE BUILDING AWAY? WHAT ABOUT THE PRE-SHOW! THE SPACE SHIP! It cant!

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

I think it would be awesome. I could see them taking out the saucer, and making it like a concert hall theme - with the loading platform on the stage. And it would be really cool if they had a kick ass soundtrack - like Rock n Roller coaster. If they played Rap, it would suck. Of course unless it was like Def Jam Rap. :P

I would like to hear it with like Metallica or something of the sort. Or maybe Rock and Roll, by Zeppelin. I have kind of a funny taste in music though. If you could hear it playing at a high school prom - there is about a 97% chance I hate it. :lol: The only song I liked at my Prom was Billie Jean, by Michael Jackson. So I would be a very hard person to please with the soundtrack. :lol:

I personally do not think that FoF would be good with a Trek theme. I mean it would be ok - but aside from having the name Star Trek - it wouldn't have anything to do with Trek. BORG Assimilator is a good trek coaster. And I think an Intamin coaster like MF would make a good Trek coaster too. FoF just wouldn't go well with it in my opinion.

hate to disappoint you kids, but honestly think about this. Why would they "re-theme" FoF to Star Trek? That wouldn't be re-theming at all... PKI is a lot smarter than that. PKI has been attempting to establish a "Universal of the Midwest" look, and this means heavy theming of the rides. Soooo, I think that PKI will be turning FoF into MTV themed, which is going to kick butt. So for all of you afraid of change, ("OH NO THEY'RE REMOVING THE EAGLES! BOYCOTT PKI!!!!!") you're going to have to suck this one up. Plus, you've got a few more years to enjoy FoF, I don't think this is at the top of PKI's list, yet.

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

Yes - I could see the retheming of FoF come with some kind of Coney Mall rennovation, and perhaps the addition of another major attraction. It would make a lot of sense - build something new where the old helicopter rides platform used to be, and retheme FoF while you are at it. I think that we will see the HB-NC conversion first though - and that the Spongebob Squarepants coaster will come during that conversion. :P

No, I think PKI will keep Hanna-Barbera land atleast until 2012, I mean think about it No Smurfs(1972-1981) Smurfs(1982-1991) Phantom Theater(1992-2002) and Scooby-Doo(2003-2022) I can see FOF rethemed to Soundwave but I don't care for it.

HB land is on the chopping block. They have been doing it, but suttle about it, for years. Nickelodeon is going to be the new "kiddie" land theme. I think if they rethemed FoF, it would be a huge success, and PKI knows this too.

FoF has to have a sci-fi theme. PKI dosent have ANYTHING else sci-fi themed. (Unless you count those HB rides)(Tomb Raider isnt Sci-Fi) A roller coaster themed lie MTV is like those roller coasters themed like Hello Kitty, they are stupid. What would there be when you walk in the building? Carson Daily animatronic? Come on. Its the worst idea I've ever heard.

They will have no choice but to re theme cause there flight of fear contract runs out soon.

What Flight of Fear contract, it's a ride name.

Also Carowinds is the only Paramount Park(with the exception of the Star Trek Experience) that has a Star Trek ride.

Sci-Fi theme ?sorry Sci-fi fans but The Soundwave is coming to both PKI and PKD very very soon Flight of Fear was themed to The Outer Limits now Paramount nolonger has the rights to use the The Outer Limits name or Image so now it's just Outer Limits but soon it will in fact be rethemed to The Soundwave while I have no clue if MTV will be part of the theme or not I know Soundwave is coming.

Now HBL(which I hate to see it go) will be turned into Nick Central here shortly expect all the HB themes to be gone from the park by 2009.

And yes for those of you wanting to know about Scooby-Doo he will remain in the park Scooby will be getting his own lil slice of the park until his contract runs out.

For those of you who are wondering what Nicktoon characters we are getting this year I will tell you one we are getting because I dont wanna give away all the info but Diego from Dora the explorer will be joining the cast of Nicktoon characters.

And be on the look out something Spongey is coming to PKI(Hint)

I just wanna say dont count out the Addams Family Reunion dive coaster because it could still happen but not as a coaster as a dark ride.

And be on the look out something Spongey is coming to PKI(Hint)

What, A Seinfeild coaster themed after the "Sponge Worthy" Episode? :P B) ;)

Why they may have this year and next year under contract once that is up they must change the name and I think Star Trek would be nice and easy cause you wouldn't really have to change much however if you did that MTV it may cost more money than it is worth. Whatever happens here I am sure PKI will make the right choice.

Yea and the Eagles I am tried of hearing about that. I mean if PKI is going for the Universal of the Midwest that ride just doesn't fit.

Why does PKI have to have anything Sci-Fi? Are you trying to convince everyone to keep the ride as is because it's the only "Sci-Fi" ride in the park? C'mon, don't be afraid of change, it's a flippin' ride. A lot of people are up and arms about IJ:ST going where it's going, when, I promise, the ride opens no one will remember what used to be there. How fun can cars that go 5 mph and an Eagle ride that spins for 3 minutes be? Snap back to reality, it's a cut-throat business.