adamscott

What New attractions are coming to CFKI?

I don't think they need another one on Nick U, but in the FOF plaza and in the old back part of Boomerang Bay would be good.

It sucks bad if you're in the middle of Coney Mall and need a restroom.

FOF was closed one day and it was about to open and I was in front of the line outside and I needed to go to the restroom. I ran all the way down to the one near vortex then ran back and got in line. Then rode my first Flight Of Fear ride. They need one back by FOF.

Flight of Fear always has a long wait, so after you get off you need to go and the closest restroom is far over near Vortex or far over near Bubba Gumps, they need one in the area.

Bit off topic, but Cedar Fair has the rights to Paramount names in 2007, right? And then they're thinking about getting Scooby Doo and Nick?

I can tell you what Kings Dominion is getting... Boomerang Bay. Pretty sure I've said it before, but just reiterating.

As for PKI.... I've said it once, and I'll say it again, shows. Check my previous posts about what we're getting... am I ever wrong? Hmmmm?... Point in case below from the rumors of the 2006 season:

Paramount's Kings Island: Nickolodeon Universe

Paramount's Carowinds: Boomerang Bay - they always mirror PKI within a few years

Paramount's Kings Dominion: Italian Job Stunt Track? - check out their media page, they display IJ:ST

Paramount's Great America: 3rd Renovation for the waterpark? Kidding, they are unknown.

Paramount's Canada's Wonderland: Mission Impossible: STUNT SHOW - just plain weird

Edited by PKILIfeguard

Well, I think you might end up being wrong with what the park is getting in 2007... Granted, they might have some new shows as well. I think the two year run of School of Rock has ended.

^One show? Uh....no. This year there was school of rock, nickelodeon universe parade, magicians mayhem, monster bash, star search, live music during fearfest, and the beetlejuice show in NU.

He's talking about thruout the normal season. PKI used to have more then 1 show during the summer season.

^One show? Uh....no. This year there was school of rock, nickelodeon universe parade, magicians mayhem, monster bash, star search, live music during fearfest, and the beetlejuice show in NU.

He's talking about thruout the normal season. PKI used to have more then 1 show during the summer season.

Let me simplify this... the beginning of the season, budgets were cut, no? Notice at the time Paramount cut the budget, we immediately lost "Magician's Meyhem" blah, blah, blah. Of course we had shows for fearfest, Cedar Fair owned us. Look... all I'm saying is that our shows were cut, and we only had one running full-time through the season; unlike previous seasons (aside from the parade, which is not a show for PKI but for Paramount Parks in general). Needless to say, call me wrong all you want. But those who say, "those who know don't talk" are wrong. This is no secret, it's just not something they're going out of their way to advertise. Think about it.

Edited by PKILIfeguard

Yes I don't doubt that Kings Island will have more shows next year. Believe it or not, I like to go to the all of the shows they are showing at least once. It's actually a nice break sometimes.

First let me say, that to my knowledge, no new rides will be added for 2007...

However, X-Flight from Gaeuga Lake will be relocated to Kings Island. The site will be behind Flight of Fear. At this point, core samples have been taken and and the area cleared. Demolition has started to commence on the old Helicopter pad and Que line. According to the plans the Ride will be ready to go in December of '07. As such it will not be open to the public until opening day '08.

We get a recycled coaster :huh:

There may be some credibility to this rumor.

My friend Joe took a drive by and noticed a van within X Flight's footprint. The name of the company - Berding Surveying. We did some research and they are located out of Milford, Ohio (suburban Cincinnati).

He sent me some photos he took and nothing looked out of place except the running lights that lined both sides of the lift hill are gone.

Coincidence?

Very interesting. Berding Surveying did a presentation at my firm a couple months ago. They essentially set up a laser on a transit, and let it go for a couple hours, and they can have an entire site detailed. That information can be used in AutoCad for site plans, renderings, etc. Very interesting that they were up at GL and by X-Flight...

To check out their website, click here and be sure to check out some of their sample projects. They are amazing!