adamscott

What New attractions are coming to CFKI?

What Kind of attractions do you think needs to be placed at Kings Island in the coming up 35th anniversary season? It is another milestone coming in the near future since the new ownership of the park. Year 35 is an important year for the park. The years that I think are important with the park have endings with a two or a seven. Those are the anniversary years.

A friend of my uncles former roomate is cousins with a friend of the sister of the guy in charge of buying rides for Kings Island - and he said its a Volare for next year. :rolleyes:

I sure hope not. I heard those things suck. LOL :lol:

Edited by PKIVortex

I know what is going to be..........................

1000 ft lift hill

9 loops

10 Tunnels

Will have the roughness factor of a Catagorie 8 Earthquake

Will have over the Head Bars

No fat ,and tall people will fit in the car

35 inversions

5 Rosebowls with cracked wood to add to the fun factor

200mph

With 4 Corkscrews in a Row

Will be bulit by next year or sooner

This ride will be called The Son of The Son of Beast and will be bulit in the kids area and everyone will sue over the Design of it.

The truth of all of this is that noone knows what will happen next year and there has been many post like this som people please stop guessing what will be there next untill the park realses this infromation.

:) :) :)

I know what is going to be..........................

1000 ft lift hill

9 loops

10 Tunnels

Will have the roughness factor of a Catagorie 8 Earthquake

Will have over the Head Bars

No fat ,and tall people will fit in the car

35 inversions

5 Rosebowls with cracked wood to add to the fun factor

200mph

With 4 Corkscrews in a Row

Will be bulit by next year or sooner

This ride will be called The Son of The Son of Beast and will be bulit in the kids area and everyone will sue over the Design of it.

The truth of all of this is that noone knows what will happen next year and there has been many post like this som people please stop guessing what will be there next untill the park realses this infromation.

:) :) :)

You forgot to say inverted coaster at that!

No, I think you are all wrong. Kings Island is going to build a coaster just like Cedar Points' new one. This is what it's like...

500+ ft. lift hill

142MPH

More inversions than any other coaster, 67 to be exact.

Two trains will be on the track at the same time both starting at the station and going opposite directions. The one that doesn't go up the hill will be launched backwards out of the station. Somehow the two trains won't collide.

It's going to be called The Steel Beast.

Oh yeah, how could I forget. It's going to be built where the son of beast in now because the are tearing it down. The new coaster will leave that area and travel all the way over to nickelodeon universe before coming back.

Based on what I gathered while following every update on CPs' new ride, on another coaster website, this is what the people want so Cedar Fair is giving it to them!

I hope it's as fun to read that as it was to write it!

Edited by 2K Force

lol no i thank they make a roller coaster like Maverick but more loops and a longer train andand longer ride time and its blue and the rails on the track will be gold, and the supports will be white. :insane: yes thats it

Edited by Rollerzach

I also belive that KI will stay a family park. It always has been, and always will be. If you want thrils, you go to Cedar Point for all the big coasters.

Cedar Point may have plenty of thrill rides but it is still a very family oriented park.

Yes but CF is more of a Thrill Park than a Family Park KI is a Family Park something for everyone while I love Camp Snoopy at CF it just doesnt have the appeal that Nick U has and Hanna-Barbera Land had.

Good point. I guess snoopy and the other peanuts are a little out of date and not as appealing to young kids as the Nickelodeon characters. I do love snoopy though, more than any other characters.

Cedar Point may have plenty of thrill rides but it is still a very family oriented park.

Uh, how? They have two very, very, very, small kiddie areas that have many of teh same rides just with different paint jobs or decorations. For the past decade they've marketed thrill ride after thrill ride breaking records. How does that appeal to families at all when the family cant ride it? At least this year Maverick is being marketed towards families, but with 4 inversions, a 95 degree drop and speeds of 70 mph with two very powerful launches, i dont see that as a family friendly ride, not something everybody is going to want to ride even if they meet the height requirement. The intamin trains do not fit everyone, maybe these ones will be different, they also dont market their other events well so as to attract familys for seasonal events and special deals.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get everybody going. I see CP as a family park because its history has been built around families from the begining. No, it isn't now the most family oriented park, but I thnk they are trying to head in the direction of a more family friendly park. My main idea of that post was that you can have big thrill rides and still be a family park. :) I don't expect any more extreme coasters at KI or CP for a while.

First let me say, that to my knowledge, no new rides will be added for 2007...

However, X-Flight from Gaeuga Lake will be relocated to Kings Island. The site will be behind Flight of Fear. At this point, core samples have been taken and and the area cleared. Demolition has started to commence on the old Helicopter pad and Que line. According to the plans the Ride will be ready to go in December of '07. As such it will not be open to the public until opening day '08.

We get a recycled coaster :huh:

First let me say, that to my knowledge, no new rides will be added for 2007...

However, X-Flight from Gaeuga Lake will be relocated to Kings Island. The site will be behind Flight of Fear. At this point, core samples have been taken and and the area cleared. Demolition has started to commence on the old Helicopter pad and Que line. According to the plans the Ride will be ready to go in December of '07. As such it will not be open to the public until opening day '08.

We get a recycled coaster :huh:

And you're sure of all of this HOW?! Evidence, please...

We will probably get a cleaner park as Trex stated. Hopefully CF will focus on major renovations of coasters and park things. Once everything with the park buildings and such are set then CF will start to worry about coasters and new rides. With the attendance of PKI per year, we dont have much to loose compared to other parks.

From Screamscape.com.....

(11/6/06) I’m not really sure where this rumor is coming from, but there is a false rumor going around claiming that X-Flight is currently being dismantled for removal from the park. Local sources confirm that this is totally bogus and that the coaster isn’t going anywhere. The removal rumor is also connected with a report claiming that it would move to Paramount’s Kings Island for placement behind Flight of Fear, which also makes no sense considering how close the two parks are and the fact that Cedar Fair doesn’t seem to like the idea of moving coasters from one park to another.