cedarfair ruining kings island

Since Cedarfair bought Kings Island,Things will be changed.I dont think that its good.Cedarfair is ruining Paramount Kings Island.First what will happen to the rides?Will anything happen?Second the nicelodeon parade and school of rock concert are not going to be back,Is that becauce of cedarfair?If anybody knows lave me a comment telling me please.Thanks

I understand how you feel heck I was upset about what I was told yesterday about Scooby-Doo and the Scooby-Doo Dark Rides it seems that CF is going to see how much the fees will be to keep scooby in the parks and if it's too much they are going to get rid of Scooby-Doo in the paramount parks that have him.

That right there is stupid because scooby-doo is just as popular or more so than spongebob.

Just wait and you'll see whats to come just now CF is going over what they want to keep and what they want to get rid of.

I know for a fact that Nick will be staying and may even branch into CF parks.

The Nick Parade may return next year but it is still unknown the plans have yet to be final.

To answer your questions

1.) Yes most the rides will be changed name wise like I hear that IJ:ST will be called..Rush Hour or Cincinnati Rush..Tomb Rider is said to be called The Cave!

2.) School of Rock was always set to be done with after this year it was very popular with guests but I hear it was set to end this season anyway it was at the park for two years.Nick Parade may return but nothing is yet final like I said before...

I dont know about ruining I'd say if they get rid of Scooby-Doo and someother rides yeah I say ruining but as of right now cant really judge.

Edited by TRexRage1993

My guess is that the "Paramount's" part of the park's name will be removed. As stsated by someone that's already happening with some park signage and t-shirts. The movie themed/named rides will NOT be removed but probably be renamed or re-themed. That is if Cedar Fair buys the lisenceing from Paramount. The park is a whole lot cleaner than before too. There was not a single piece of trash on the walkways and it look liked the landscaping was better.

Cedar Fair will do an excellent job because they'll install rides that are actually reliable unlike some rides. (Cough..Son of Beast..Cough) The shows I don't know I donn't watch any of them. I'm usually riding rides.

Hope some of this helps for you.

1.) Yes most the rides will be changed name wise like I hear that IJ:ST will be called..Rush Hour or Cincinnati Rush..Tomb Rider is said to be called The Cave!

Wait, then what's our IJ going to be called? Toronto Rush?

What about our Tomb Raider? The Shopping Cart Express?

I have no clue..those were names that were talked about because most people feel that CF wont pick-up the fees to keep most the themes.

I'll probably get flamed for this comment but why do people think Cedar Fair is going to ruin Kings Island?

From what I've read and understood, didn't Carl Linder ruin Kings Island towards the end of his reign? Wasn't the park starting to look a little shabby at the time?

Paramount has supposedly ruined aspects of Kings Island since 1993.

Now the doom and gloom of Cedar Fair ruining Kings Island.

Granted CF has done a few things I'm not too thrilled about, mainly the extensive use of concrete in their parks and even though it's Intamin the seat belt issue on Millennium Force. If you're worried about no more re-rides on your favorite rides then you better get used to it.

I am actually THRILLED about CF buying the parks.

With Knott's they turned it into a huge world renoun park with signature rides like Xcelerator and Ghostrider...Some enthusiasts just make an event of going there!

...but yes, PKI is already established and it has signature rides (dont ask me which ones, but we do!). So what does this mean for the park? New rides of course, and the park itself will be fixed up ALOT.

HOYS, I agree. I think Cedar Fair will do a lot for Kings Island, all for the better. I don't care about if Italian Job, Drop Zone, or any of those rides are renamed, they'll still be pretty much the same. I mean, sure, my screen name won't really go with the present park anymore, but I think things will get better. I've already noticed friendlier staff (although it's the same staff, they just seem nicer), the park being called Kings Island again, and a few others.

The only thing I hope stays Paramount in the end would be Indiana Jones on Adventure Express, because I think that at the top of the final tunnel they should have the rolling ball. appearing as if it's about to crush you. That would finally make the "You will pay" part correct, cause you would pay by the ball rolling down. I just think that'd be cool along with some other stuff like an Indiana anamatronic and a story line.

Wait :huh: Wouldn't it cost more to license Rush Hour from New Line and The Cave from Sony then it would to get The Italian Job and Tomb Raider from Paramount? That doesn't make sense, especially if they have ten years on it.

Adventure Express opened in 1991 before Paramount's ruled so it would have been cool if the changed AE to that type of ride.

Correct, but Adventure Express was marketed as being heavily inspired by Indiana Jones ;) So inspired by Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, they even had the Indiana Jones theme playing in the station, that all they needed was the name to make it official!

Wait :huh: Wouldn't it cost more to license Rush Hour from New Line and The Cave from Sony then it would to get The Italian Job and Tomb Raider from Paramount? That doesn't make sense, especially if they have ten years on it.

Adventure Express opened in 1991 before Paramount's ruled so it would have been cool if the changed AE to that type of ride.

Correct, but Adventure Express was marketed as being heavily inspired by Indiana Jones ;) So inspired by Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, they even had the Indiana Jones theme playing in the station, that all they needed was the name to make it official!

Nope,they wouldnt be themed...yeah those are movies but I was just giving ideas of what name change they could become...I think Cincinnati Rush is awsome! ;)

Edited by TRexRage1993

Cedar Fair will be good... they will keep a cleaner tighter ship than paramount i think. Although everyone who is thinking CF buying KI is synonymous with us getting major coasters all the time, I don't think that will be the case. It has probably been said several times, but KI isn't at the top of the pile anymore now, which is an odd thought now that I'm thinking about it...

i hope kings island will get some bigger and better rides...no offense to the ones there now but some people are just like "i'd rather go to cedar point than kings island...the rides are small and there aren't as good rides" to me, while in my head i still love kings island. that brings me to the question...does cf wanna keep the major family part of kings island?

BTW i hope they install seatbelts in more rides....i like those....it makes me feel safer :D

....okay, Rush Hour and The Cave? They couldn't come up with better names for re-theming? When Cedar Point coasters are called Wicked Twister, Millenium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster?

My Ideas:

Route 666 - A cross between a re-name and slight re-theme. Here, you're going through a wrecked LA cityscape on the brink of Armageddon, dodging possessed police units and a raging helicopter, before ducking underground and crashing through a billboard into the aquaducts. All that's really needed is some dark theming and some big damaged set pieces, particularly some to hide the ugly tunnel building from view. My idea is the silhouette (sp?) of the damaged cityscape of Los Angeles. Maybe a cool logo sign thingy too where the MINI Cooper car is at the entrance.

Curse of the Jade Snake - Obviously a re-name, along with a few scenery changes, most noticeably the removal of the Durga godess and monkey statues and addition of snake godess and evil snake statues. Also, a new ride sequence with a few more flips and a smoother ride experience, and the retheming of the icicle and volcano scenes (snake burial grounds above and treacherous green poisoned lake with witch doctors, perhaps?).

Curse of the Jade Snake - Obviously a re-name, along with a few scenery changes, most noticeably the removal of the Durga godess and monkey statues and addition of snake godess and evil snake statues. Also, a new ride sequence with a few more flips and a smoother ride experience, and the retheming of the icicle and volcano scenes (snake burial grounds above and treacherous green poisoned lake with witch doctors, perhaps?).

Curse of the King Cobra hahaha

• 2 weeks later...