De-Paramountization Timeline Topic

To pretty much clarify, there aren't new shirt designs. It's just that not long after Cedar Fair took control of KI and the other parks, they ordered a new batch of the same shirts, this time with "Paramount's" removed. This batch started appearing early-to-mid August. There's even a few Beast shirts that have been De-Paramountized. However, I'd be surprised to see any Top Gun, Tomb Raider, Italian Job shirts with just "Kings Island" on them. I haven't seen any D-P'd SOB shirts yet, either.

Also to add to the list, although unconfirmed:

8-27-06: School of Rock Live and Nickelodeon Central Parade will not be returning for the 2007 season.

He's not saying the shirts are new. He's saying they don't mention "Paramount"

Correct.But I'm saying those shirts have been at Kings Island since Opening Day they were for sale before CF even was thinking about buying out paramount parks.

Also School of Rock will not be returning BUT Plans for the Nick Parade have NOT been finalized either way yet. Cedar Fair does not know if they would like to return the parade for the 4th year yet. They have not said that it will not be returning.

As for Snoopy on Ice I'd say the chances are about 50/50.

• 1 month later...

Bumped to update us with everything that's happened so far.

- New sign at entrance to Group Outing Picnic Grove has the de-Paramountized park logo. Oddly enough, the sign and the shelters are still list Hanna-Barbera characters!

- Alcohol consumption is no longer restricted to dining areas/patios.

- Prior to the park's official opening, a choral version of our National Anthem is now played. After that, an announcer says "Kings Island is now officially open. Enjoy the rest of your day!"

- Wings Diner has switched from its traditional cafeteria-style/a-la carte format serving Montgomery Inn Ribs, to an all-you-can-eat buffet. The Buffet features a variety of foods, and includes drinks and dessert. Price is $12.99 for adults, and $8.99 for children under 48".

- The 3-Point Challenge is finally "complete," with its permanent lighting, sound system, and Daktronics scoreboard. Ironically, the Sprite logo/color scheme is painted on the court. Is this just coincidence or a sign that Coke will remain at the "former" Paramount parks?

- FearFest has a lot of new surprises, and changes since it started! CornStalkers has been extended, and has been converted to a one-way only attraction. The Worksite has been relocated, made longer, and is also a one-way only attraction. Holiday Horror is now a "Meet & Greet." The Paramount Story is now the "Scare Street" attraction.

That is in addition to there now being tombstones on International Street of retired rides - similar to scenery found at Cedar Point during their HalloWeekends. I have heard that Phantom Theater music is now being played at Cedar Point!

- I've also heard that some Paramount Parks clothing previously only available to employees is now on sale in the Emporium.

- Wings Diner has switched from its traditional cafeteria-style/a-la carte format serving Montgomery Inn Ribs, to an all-you-can-eat buffet. The Buffet features a variety of foods, and includes drinks and dessert. Price is $12.99 for adults, and $8.99 for children under 48".

-Sounds like a repeat of Candy Taylor soon to happen

-That's for FearFeast

-The Sprite thing, Paramount had a contract with Coke, so we may soon enough see both Pepsi and Coke, but I personally doubt it

I have heard that Phantom Theater music is now being played at Cedar Point!

Big fan of Phantom Theater, so I'm glad to hear the wonderful stuff they created for the ride. The de-Paramountization isn't that bad, that is until they get to the ride themselves. I'm not looking forward to a stinky Tomb Raider and Italian Job retheme... though I'll be happy to see the Top Gun theme go (if it does at all).

The Rock show was okay with me; it was a nice show, especially for Kings Island, but I'm all for something new. How would they do Snoopy on Ice on such a small stage? Or would they use a different one...

-Foe-

Isn't The Asylum a Cedar Fair name?

ValleySCARE has an Asylum this year.

No- If am remembering correctly that name was pitched around way before CF was even dreamt of buying the park chain.

It doesnt matter much to me anyway I'm prob wrong I dont get much info on the Halloween Events due my disliking and distaste toward Halloween and Halloween Events such as FearFest.

Edited by TRexRage1993
The Rock show was okay with me; it was a nice show, especially for Kings Island, but I'm all for something new. How would they do Snoopy on Ice on such a small stage? Or would they use a different one...

Kings Island has had several ice shows in its past at the American Heritage Music Hall/Paramount Theater. It can be done.

However I think an ice show would be ideal for the Festhaus.

Bumped to update us with everything that's happened so far.

- New sign at entrance to Group Outing Picnic Grove has the de-Paramountized park logo. Oddly enough, the sign and the shelters are still list Hanna-Barbera characters!

- Prior to the park's official opening, a choral version of our National Anthem is now played. After that, an announcer says "Kings Island is now officially open. Enjoy the rest of your day!"

- The 3-Point Challenge is finally "complete," with its permanent lighting, sound system, and Daktronics scoreboard. Ironically, the Sprite logo/color scheme is painted on the court. Is this just coincidence or a sign that Coke will remain at the "former" Paramount parks?

- FearFest has a lot of new surprises, and changes since it started! CornStalkers has been extended, and has been converted to a one-way only attraction. The Worksite has been relocated, made longer, and is also a one-way only attraction. Holiday Horror is now a "Meet & Greet." The Paramount Story is now the "Scare Street" attraction.

That is in addition to there now being tombstones on International Street of retired rides - similar to scenery found at Cedar Point during their HalloWeekends. I have heard that Phantom Theater music is now being played at Cedar Point!

- I've also heard that some Paramount Parks clothing previously only available to employees is now on sale in the Emporium.

Did they really lift the ban of carring beer throughout the park with you? If so that's really stupid.

Cedar Fair's policy is that you drink your beverage in the facility, but they don't closely monitor it. Also CF policy is that you are not permitted to drink beer in line!

At Cedar Point they have line greeters are almost every ride, which I'm sure will be coming to PKI in 2007, to make sure people don't drink beer while in line.

No, alcohol was NOT and is NOT permitted in line at Cedar Point or Geauga Lake. If you see people in line with an alcoholic beverage it's only because they're ignorant and we (Geauga Lake) are short staffed resulting in absolutely no line greeters in the entire park. It's infuriating when a guest tries to argue with you by saying they didn't see a "no beer sign" out front resulting in them taking it out on us. You don't see a "no fire arms" sign out front either; it's common sense jackass!

When caught with an alchoholic beverage we are to direct them out of the line to the midway where they may finish it, but if they're caught drinking in line, then it gets nasty, because we have to tell them they can't ride for a pre-determined period of time. This applies if you smell alcohol strongly in their breath or they are unable to cooperate/comply with the directions reasonably; then we can determine them to be intoxicated and not suited to ride the attraction for safety reasons.

I won't go any farther in policy from there but next is security. I will say though that we had some very fun drunks this year at Geauga Lake. Other than that we had terrible drunks who were dead-set on making our lives even more a living-hell then they already were and it really didn't help with the lack of sign or greeter.

BTW, prepare to be frustrated beyond belief with the no-re-ride policy. The guest will give you a hard time about having to get the exercise and they will get revenge (especially fat people) by running around and leaking their BO all over the platform.

True Story: We had a fat guy who loved Dominator so much he would run around non-stop but his BO was so bad it stuck on the train and some guests literally would not ride in the first three rows where his sweat leaked. The good news is that at the beginning of the year he could only fit in the fat seats in the middle of the train so the fact that the front row stank made us all proud because we all knew that exercise paid off!

Or you can make light of the situation and just have fun enforcing the people you don't like to get off you ride because of "policy" even if for your enjoyment as I often did!

Edited by Skippy
No, alcohol was NOT and is NOT permitted in line at Cedar Point or Geauga Lake. If you see people in line with an alcoholic beverage it's only because they're ignorant and we (Geauga Lake) are short staffed resulting in absolutely no line greeters in the entire park. It's infuriating when a guest tries to argue with you by saying they didn't see a "no beer sign" out front resulting in them taking it out on us. You don't see a "no fire arms" sign out front either; it's common sense jackass!

When caught with an alchoholic beverage we are to direct them out of the line to the midway where they may finish it, but if they're caught drinking in line, then it gets nasty, because we have to tell them they can't ride for a pre-determined period of time. This applies if you smell alcohol strongly in their breath or they are unable to cooperate/comply with the directions reasonably; then we can determine them to be intoxicated and not suited to ride the attraction for safety reasons.

I won't go any farther in policy from there but next is security. I will say though that we had some very fun drunks this year at Geauga Lake. Other than that we had terrible drunks who were dead-set on making our lives even more a living-hell then they already were and it really didn't help with the lack of sign or greeter.

BTW, prepare to be frustrated beyond belief with the no-re-ride policy. The guest will give you a hard time about having to get the exercise and they will get revenge (especially fat people) by running around and leaking their BO all over the platform.

True Story: We had a fat guy who loved Dominator so much he would run around non-stop but his BO was so bad it stuck on the train and some guests literally would not ride in the first three rows where his sweat leaked. The good news is that at the beginning of the year he could only fit in the fat seats in the middle of the train so the fact that the front row stank made us all proud because we all knew that exercise paid off!

Or you can make light of the situation and just have fun enforcing the people you don't like to get off you ride because of "policy" even if for your enjoyment as I often did!

Awsome. I couldnt have said it better myself Skippy.

• 4 weeks later...