PKIDelirium

De-Paramountization Timeline Topic

Sometime in June - the majority of the coporate staff is terminated. The Ecology (Custodial) Dept. gets a 54% budget cut. The Rides Dept. gets a 40% cut. Winterfest's last year will be this year.

Also, Tech Services/Maintenence will soon undergo staffing cuts and the Rides Dept. will shift their primary concentration to Capacity and Cleanliness, rather than meticulous safety.

Oh really? Cedar Fair is known for the safety of their rides. If the budgets for Maintenance are changed, they would be INCREASED.

The corporate staff has not been fired...

Any cuts to Ecology and Rides that happened were the doing of CBS/Paramount.

Early July 2006: WinterFest advance sale tickets no longer available.

July 16 2006 - As of now, all promotion posters and scrolling signs for WinterFest have been removed.

So WinterFest is a no go then? That sucks as I was hoping to head down there this year. Last year I wasn't about to drive in that nasty weather we had up here.

How was attendance overall at WinterFest? I would figure it was successful as they planned on having another one.

Don't be surprised if this year's Fear Fest is a little more tamed down than year's past.

didnt have much to offer? what an ... uneducated thing to say. Perhaps you could point me in the direction of a winter event in the area that had more to do.

PKI listened to the guests, they brought back winterfest. Now it looks as though CF is going to take it away. Yay... im so glad CF own Kings Island... woo hoo :-\

Action Zone will probably stay Action Zone.

I just want to hear what they rename Face/Off!

That reminds me that when I had to go over the the campground a couple of years ago ( before they ever started to tear it down ) they actually had trash cans with the old style Kings Island Logo still on them. I will bet that these were trashed when the campground came down. It's a shame too. Because I asked if I could buy One when I first saw them.

WinterFest is still a go so is FearFest I for one have mixed feelings about CF taking over Paramount Parks maybe if CF would add snoopy and crew and stuff to the parks I would feel a lil better.

The attendance was pretty dreadful actually. They planned for sold out days every day pretty much, and I don't think it managed even one sellout

That was Paramounts fault the tickets to winterfest last year were awfully over priced.

July 22 2006: "Welcome to Kings Island" sign added to park entrance.

Yea they sure did so where you there today? I was there too if you where. There is also another change.The People who opperate the rides that talk on the mic's say enjoy therest of your day at Kings Island. And the signs look pretty good they and no to big or to small and there steel.

Very interesting. I've been wanting to get back down there and I guess I'll have to ASAP to see what changes have taken place. Do they still play the auto-spiels "As a reminder, there is no smoking in any line at Paramount's Kings Island" or have they done away with that?

It would be nice if they could bring back the old Kings Island logo (I've always been partial to the original medieval script type font - does anyone know if its available anywhere on the Net?) but I think CF will give it a more modern style.

Edited by Geauga Dog

Very interesting. I've been wanting to get back down there and I guess I'll have to ASAP to see what changes have taken place. Do they still play the auto-spiels "As a reminder, there is no smoking in any line at Paramount's Kings Island" or have they done away with that?

It would be nice if they could bring back the old Kings Island logo (I've always been partial to the original medieval script type font - does anyone know if its available anywhere on the Net?) but I think CF will give it a more modern style.

Yeah, I herd them say "there is no smoking in any line at Paramount's Kings Island" about 500 times yesterday.

They can't get rid of the no smoking spiels! That's all we have left of Jeff!

They could always just bleep out the "Paramount"

"As a reminder, there is no smoking in any line at __*BEEP*__ Kings Island." :D

Talking to the employees, the two major changes so far is a stricter dress code, and a cleaner park.

I will also add something, somtime this year.

As you get ready to get on the train, I never remembered them saying this, but on the speaker thing, they say:

"You are about to board the Beast on Car number 1. Please place all your loose items into the storage bin labled train number 1."

Also, at first I was against CF, but now, I think I am going to like it. They seem to take better care of their parks, and they keep adding more rides. As long as the SOB gets up and running again, then I am happy about the buyout.

Edited by Hendrick

7/23/06:

Some ride operators are now referring to the park simply as "Kings Island" in their manual spiels.

The "Welcome to Kings Island" signs over the main gate turnstiles: It has the current park logo, minus the Paramount part.

The 3-Point Challenge between Happy Days and Italian Job (former Eagles site) is nearing completion, as of Sunday. This game can also be found at Cedar Point and Geauga Lake.

Those signs havent rotated at all this year anyway. I hope they get rid of them. We don't need them.

Also another thing I have noticed they are a few more carts now around the park selling things. And most of the carts that were just sitting empty are now actually open.

In the Emporium shop on International Street, there is one shirt design that is half "Paramount's Kings Island" and the other half "Kings Island." An associate walked by, and she said that the Paramount name is being dropped.

I will post the photo shortly.