PKIDelirium

De-Paramountization Timeline Topic

Use this topic to keep track of the "De-Paramounting" of the park.

April 14 2006: Paramount Action Zone sign is gone.

June 17 2006: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life sign is gone from the statue by Eiffel Tower.

I emailed PKI about the Action Zone sign and this was the reply.

Thanks so much for your email. At this point, we don't plan to return the sign this season.

Have a great day!!

Sincerely,

Maureen Kaiser

Paramount's Kings Island

Marketing Communications

YAY POST 300!!!!!!

Edited by kjkjkj

(noticed) June 2006: Coney Mall sign gone. (Not Paramount, But it is Old Coney)

Yeah, they've been taking down the Coney Mall sign since 2004 to allow the parade floats of the Nick Celebration Parade some extra headroom (even though some aren't that tall).

Yes they do and I want to take one of them home. Those trash cans would look cool in my room. LOL

Some of the newer ones have the Paramount/Paramount Parks logo on them. None have ever had the PKI logo. In the old days, the trash cans had the Kings Islan Logo underneath a large Eiffel Tower symbol.

Only ride thats not so easy to rename without GP forgetting what it is.

If you renamed Drop Zone to ...Drop Tower, they would know what it is. Renaming Face/Off to somthing like Invertigo is kinda confusing.

I doubt any of the changes listed above are directly related to the matter at hand. The Action Zone sign apparently had some sort of problem, so they just removed it, and if they were going to remove the Cradle of Life thing for CF, they'd just remove the entire thing.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if rides like Drop Zone and Face/Off retained their names. That's just extra expense, it confuses the regular guests, and it's not hurting anything by keeping the names. I mean "Top Gun" is a little extreme since that's clearly a Paramount movie, but I don't think when anyone says, "Face/Off" or "Drop Zone" the movies come to mind.

Sometime in June - the majority of the coporate staff is terminated. The Ecology (Custodial) Dept. gets a 54% budget cut. The Rides Dept. gets a 40% cut. Winterfest's last year will be this year.

Also, Tech Services/Maintenence will soon undergo staffing cuts and the Rides Dept. will shift their primary concentration to Capacity and Cleanliness, rather than meticulous safety.

Edited by shnave