PKIDelirium

History Photo Update: Old KI Monorail/Jungle Jims

Well if I might say, those trains look fiiiinnnneee....

....for the junkyard. Hard to believe those used to be running in our PKI.

-Foe-

To clairify, Jungle Jims, a HUGE specialty food store, bought the old Monorail from PKI that once was the Lion Safari monorail.

They are going to install them for their store but havent got the money quite yet or just arent working on it :lol:

If you check their website for updates on it, they say: " Construction is underway on the monorail landing, directly above the Starbucks...so Foodies keep your eyes peeled!"

Well if I might say, those trains look fiiiinnnneee....

....for the junkyard. Hard to believe those used to be running in our PKI.

-Foe-

That "junk yard" is supposed to run again some time.

They've been working on this for ages. They're supposed to be making the track go around the parking with with, it looks like, a stop or two at the building itself.

If that is the case then they have had plenty of thime to reconstruct it. If they ever get it up I'd like to give it a ride just to say I have. I've never been on a monorail before. :lol:

They've been working on this for ages. They're supposed to be making the track go around the parking with with, it looks like, a stop or two at the building itself.

I used to work for the contractor who painted the parking lines for the Jungle Jim's parking lot and one day my boss and I were lucky enough to get to talk to Jim Bohnameino (sp?) who calls himself Jungle Jim. He said his grand plan was to ahve the monorail run from a main station out back to a station that would allow you to enter into a wine cellar portion of the store then would take you to an aboveground station into the regular store (this station is under ocnstruction now). The main station which feature the transfer track and maintenance bays has been standing since atleas t 2000. Last I heard, Jungle was fined by the city of Fairfield for failure to try and give power to the station without a permit to operate an amusement ride and he ahs been fighting for one ever since.

Did you really work for the contractor? That is pretty interesting. I hope that they get it set up. Being the coaster and amusement park enthusiast that I am - I would go up just to try it out.

Oh and you do realize that it is - "Highway to the Danger Zone" right? :rolleyes:

why didn't you take any photos of the old blue elephant? It's also around the store. one last old thing is the trash cans from KI, they're located at Morgan's canoes where the rockwall and stuff it, but MC is in Indiana i think :unsure:

Elephant? I didn't see that, it must be inside the store, because I walked all around the building.

Its located on the entrance to the parking lot outside just off route 4 facing Fairfield high school. I live literally 5 minutes down the street, I'll get you a picture if youd like. www.ultimatethrillzone.com used to have a jungle jims glallery with all the mono rail photos and blue elephant stuff that i took but i resigned as their photographer after a dispute.

Edited by CombatStupendous89