Rivertown

The End of FOF?

I was at the park yesterday and I noticed that the Flight of Fears' picture monitor area was gone. NO computers, no pics, nothing. And with the ride not being on the park map worries me. Anyone know what is going on?

Maybe they are getting ready to remodel, like whats happening at Kings Dominion. That or the warranty's on the T.V.'s and monitors was ending soon so they are going to replace them

*Moved to rumors*

NOOO!!! If they get rid of Flight of Fear, I am going to boycott PKI... that's my favorite ride there, and it was the very first indoor launching coaster! It's a classic and still brings in HUGE lines... why would they close it?

-Foe-

It seems like Paramount killed all the good things before they sold it. Does anybody remember the campgrounds? Was that not one of the reasons to go to the park? And now fof. Like the island has too many coasters or something...

May they see a vision... of Maestro. Then they'll feel the urge to rebuild Phantom Theater!

Seriously... it wouldn't be that hard... they still have all of the props, robotics, etc... they'd just have to dismantle Scooby-Doo and the Crappy Castle.

-Foe-

The photo booth are ran from an outside company, so the company could have decided that the FoF photo booth didn't make enough money. Yes the Flight of Fear at PKD is not open this season for whatever reasons. But if Paramount had plans for our FoF it probably won't go thru with the sale to Cedar Fair. I wouldn't worry about it right now.

I have a source that tells me ti is going to be moved and there will be a big Flying coaster being put in the place FOF stood in.
Why, whould he tare that buliding down and build a new one.

because they can be complete idiots, and some examples to prove this are: IJ:ST, taking away Hanna Barbara, and getting rid of the Flyers
Another exemple, geting rid of Monster. Wait that has not happened yet. I was told by some one that when Monsters chain break they are going to remove it, cuase no one makes the chain they need any more. Dont shot the messanger, Idk how true this is. This person also said they want to put tables there.

They're going to drive the parks into the ground before Cedar Fair acquires them.
Whats new, LOL

It seems like Paramount killed all the good things before they sold it. Does anybody remember the campgrounds? Was that not one of the reasons to go to the park? And now fof. Like the island has too many coasters or something...
I feel you there.

May they see a vision... of Maestro. Then they'll feel the urge to rebuild Phantom Theater!

Seriously... it wouldn't be that hard... they still have all of the props, robotics, etc... they'd just have to dismantle Scooby-Doo and the Crappy Castle.

-Foe-

Yeh, hopfuly PT will not go to SF. Some one said that SF was wanting to buy the rights.

maybe CF will improve the park... just maybe sad.gif
If dont think the can do any worst then what Carl Linder, Vicom, and CBS have done. CF will make KI great again, like when Taft and KECO, had it.

Does anyone on here think logically anymore? Maybe the FOF Photo was closed due to poor sales. BTW, the flying coaster rumor spread by skywriter is crap, he should get a new source because anyone here whos smart enough to have read any of the articles released by the enquirer or transcripts on the share holder meetings knows that Cedar Fair will honor the plans CBS had for park investments next year, in other words whatever they chose for the parks next year is whats going in and those investements will not be over 20 million dollars. If a coaster was going there and thats what CBS planned (yes paramount parks is under CBS now, not viacom in case any of you failed to read that) then youd already see work being done for it, however you dont, no coaster. It has already been confirmed many times that the FOF at PKD was slated for removal and re0location to PCW and PKI's was eventually to be roatated to another park and that Paramount Parks management were planning a ride rotation program for 2007 however the fate of those rides and the program is all in Cedar Fair's hands now. All that I have said has been confirmed and printed in public press. I hope we cleared things up now, no need for secret sources, lies, backstabbing, or conspiracies, many times the andswers are right under your noses.

Drewbari, what does "SF" stand for? Sorry, not big on acronyms...

And thank God this is most likely a rumor. Long live Flight of Fear! (except its preshow... that has nothing to do with the actual ride)

-Foe-

remember we were all once newbies :lol:

okay Foe, here are the main acronyms on this site:

FOF- FLight of Fear

SOB- Son of Beast

TB- The BEast

DOT- Days of Thunder

FO- Face Off

CF- Congo Falls

IJST- Italian Job

TRTR- Tomb Raider

DDG- Dippin Dots Guy :lol: (okay, that's not really one on the site)

(except its preshow... that has nothing to do with the actual ride)

Actually yes it does. The rides story is centered around a government base that was completely secret untill strange lights and noises started appearing from it and local residents became worried drawing media attention. In the video and radio show (the radio show plays in the outside que line) they refrence the strange noises and crop circles that have appeared around the base and the local residents homes. Mr. Christopher, a white house represenative on the situation, disagrees about the military keeping this a secret and allows the public inside the hangar to view whats in there, you play the part of the public and christopher has allowed you to enter into the hangar. You find out that in the hangar is an alien space craft and you see the military team in there doing tests and playing jokes on Christopher. Christopher then allows the public to board the ship because he believes it is a hoax. As you board the ship into the main ride station the voices tell you about the experiment the aliens are going to perform on you as you ride (the voices sometimes work now thanks to exellent upkeeping of the theming). Remember at the end of the video they ask you to participate in their experiment and blast off into the cosmos? Well that is what the actual ride is. Then at the end of the ride the alien voices return thanking you for your participation in the experiment and you exit back onto the military base. The video sets the story for the ride as does the outside que radio announcements.

Thank you for explaining that. I saw the preshow, but never really understood what it meant.

So SF means Six Flags? They had better not buy PT... it'll be treated worse there than it was here!

-Foe-

1st Time Poster :

I think that Flight of Fear will stay, but again I think that they have taken alot of attention off the ride (the 2006 park map doesn't headline FOF anymore). I emailed the park a few days ago, and they said that they still don't know how the new ownership of the park will affect the coaster, (same with the theming on TRTR, and IT:ST). <_<