AgentSoB

Delirium Ride Experience

Although I have been going to the park since I was born in 87. I didn't really start to ride major rides until about 6 years ago. Son of Beast started it all for me back then when I got tricked onto it.

My question is this... I am still a little intimidated when is comes to certain rides. Delirium is one of the rides that I steer away from. Is there anything that someone can compare it too? Someone I was with stated that Avatar gives a similar experience just much higher. I really didn't believe him, becuase I didn't want to be tricked onto another ride. Everyone seems to love it on these forums, so I decided to get some advice from people who know what they're talking about.

Edited by AgentSoB

Avatar is comparable to Delirium, except Delirium is higher and faster.

it's not sickening or uncomfortable in any way. Just a high, fast, but someone gentle swing.

Delirium is a great ride. Definately my favorite flat at the park. Like Don said, it's a fairly gentle swing, and the spinning is tame as well so it shouldn't be a motion sickness issue. I think the best part is all the wind it makes. It just feels so cool to go flying through the air at the ride's high speed. The footchopper on the sign is great as well. :D

Delirium is definitely one of the greatest thrill rides created. You don't notice the spinning as the pendulum swings, only when the wheel reaches its crest on both sides of the arc.

The first time you ride Delirium - it is the OMFG. It is very fun and thrilling. Nothing compares to when you are face down, looking at the ground, 130 feet up - and still moving up.

well i wouldnt know because i threw up before i got on it...yes i know BEFORE. i think this was because i just had eatin' and drank sum pop...on top of that i was nervous....plus i was scared what if i puke...so after they counted me and my friends to get on, i saw that thing swinging up at the top and i ran to the trash can and yeah.... but i still really wanna ride it

Well thanks... some of you made me feel better. I might take it on if it is open when i go saturday. Other than that i plan to get me an onslaught of rides on SoB and perhaps take on Face-Off. Thats the only other ride I've avoided.

For me - Delirium is alot scarier than both Son of Beast and Face/Off. But that is considering my first rides on them. These days there are only three rides that scare/thrill me - and two of them are pay-per-experience rides. :lol: I can (and did yesterday) ride Delirium twice and Face/Off twice - and my pulse didn't really get any higher than my resting rate.

Wow, you guys were scared of that? I was cool and collected when I first rode Psyclone, which is very similar to Delirium. In fact, I was a little disappointed with the spinning, as I was hoping it would be faster. And I was 11 when I first rode it. Piece of cake.

Guest THE Son of Beast
It's like a Troika + Viking Fury in one.

good comparison, Delirium on not scary, my mom HATES coasters and she LOVES this ride, infact this is about all she goes on, there is mass airimte and it is great

Speaking of Delirium... My trip today (saturday) was delayed till tomorrow when family come into town. Does anybody know if the ride was in operation?

I also read that Flight of Fear is Down... Wierd

And I am pretty sure Psyclone is quite a bit shorter than Delirium.

Do you mean as in height? Yes it's shorter in height, but not enough to make a huge difference. If people were to go on Psyclone one day, and Delirium the next, they might notice a small height change, but not much. By the way, is Delirium swinging as high as it used to, or is it still dumb'd down? I ask this because the dumbed progrm Delirium has doesn't go as high as Psyclone's program.

If you mean by length of the program, Psyclone's is longer. For Delirium, I only remember getting three swings at maximum height. For Psyclone, it's four or five.

Personally I find it a relaxing ride. I actually ride it to wind down...nuts I suppose but its really a nice smooth and calming ride other than its fast and it goes almost but not quite upsidedown but still...a great tamable ride experience. ;)

I went to PKI today, and shyed away from Delirium yet again. I did how ever warm up... I rode Viking Fury to get the swing part down. Sadly though, it kind of made me sick. So, there is still always next time for the giant frisbee.

On the otherhand, I did manage to get an awesome 7 rides on SoB today; 4 of which were front car. Great experience there. Today's trip brings my SoB ride count to ten. I'm glad the park wasn't crowded. The coasters had like no lines once night began to approach.

Edited by AgentSoB

I rode Viking Fury to get the swing part down. Sadly though, it kind of made me sick.

I think you are getting the roller coaster feeling. You know, how when your going down a pretty steep drop, you feel your stomache tingle? That feeling has almost completely disappeared for me. But even when I still had it I never got it on any frisbee rides. It might be because Viking Fury has you moving in straight lines over and over again. You probably won't feel that on Delirium.

Honestly, if you can handle any large roller coaster (such as SoB) I am confident you can stomache Delirium. It doesn't have quick, sudden movements so it shouldn't cause any nausea. I think you'll be fine if you do decide to ride it.

Delirium was running great on Thursday 6/15. Full swing as well, I got 2 rides on it. Delirium is defenity back to the 2003 ride status LOL.

Yeah well I have no choice now... My family is very harsh/cheap. The only way that they will return to Kings Island is if I ride it. So, on my next visit I should be able to give a report on how I held up.

Well all the wind on the ride is a good thing on a hot day.If you can ride SoB and Face Off you can ride Delirium.I was alittle o when i first seen it the first year just cause i have never seen anything like it but when you ride it wow so great.

Scoot

I agree with everybody else. If you can ride coasters like beast, sob, face off,ect you should be fine on Delirium.

A friend of mine HATES coasters........ she won't even get on adventure express, beastie or others along those lines. The only ride she loves down there is delirium!

I wish PKD had a giant frisbee like Delirium.

Even though this is no where related to Delirium, when I first saw Tomb Raider: Firefall at PKD I kinda backed away from it... It took 3-6 cycles to watch before I got on it. When I came off, I was glad that I went on so maybe you should ride Delirium because you will never know what it feels like until you ride it. It may end up being your favorite rides and you ended up wasting all that time not riding it. lol. :lol:

Edited by TombRaiderTR2005

I was hesitant to ride Delirium because I can't stomach the whole going in circles thing. (Does anyone remember Der Spinning Keggers? Pukefest) Anyway, I loved the ride. It's very smooth and as someone else mentioned, even relaxing after a day of coasters. That's not to say that it's tame though. It IS a thrill ride, but it shouldn't make you sick. :D

I get VERY motion sick and I have to take motion sickness medicine before I can go on Delirium. I can stomach most of the coasters without any problem, (Face/Off still gives me trouble sometimes) but Viking Fury and Delirium always get me if I haven’t taken Dramamine. It is a great ride and a must do at the park, but if you get motion sick I would suggest you take something about an hour before you ride.