PKIDelirium

Cedar Fair Purchases Paramount Parks

They have a Nickelodeon license, at least for a few years.

That's good they have a nick liscence. but what about rides like Italian Job and Tomb raider, will they have to change the theme. I hope they dont have too.

In all honesty, the most they would have to do would be to change the name of the rides. Maybe take out the Land Rover sitting outside TR:TR's cave, but it wouldn't take that much to re-name them.

Now, Cedar Fair repairing the special effects and scenery on Tomb Raider and Stunt Track is a different story. :blink:

the only problem i have with cedar fair taking over, is that they serve pepsi. I happen to like pepsi much better than coke, however we get our tickets every year free from coke. So now that it will probably be pepsi, i have to find a way to get our tickets.

Coca-Cola > Pepsi. Pepsi sucks. Coca-Cola's classic. Can't beat the classics.

Anyways, I'm not happy about this purchase. Not happy about it all. I sort of liked the new Paramount Movie theme, even if some people hated it. Now, that will all be lost. We'll get boring bland and generic names for Italian Job and Tomb Raider. Ugh. At least the Nicktoons will stay. (Kill Scooby and bring back the Phantom!)

-Foe-

I was concerned about Italian Job... I really don't care as long as they keep the Mini Coopers. A name change won't be so bad. I honestly think that Tomb Raider would have to be redone with a new theme, a name change just won't do. Other than a few bumps, I think that CF will do a good job. I'm just praying for a new restraint system in SoB. I love all the TLC that that ride received.

Bleh I forgot about CF and Pepsi. I love Mello Yellow and Kings Island is one of the few huge public places that still served it. So far, thats the most negative thing about the acquisition.

Coca-Cola > Pepsi. Pepsi sucks. Coca-Cola's classic. Can't beat the classics.

Anyways, I'm not happy about this purchase. Not happy about it all. I sort of liked the new Paramount Movie theme, even if some people hated it. Now, that will all be lost. We'll get boring bland and generic names for Italian Job and Tomb Raider. Ugh. At least the Nicktoons will stay. (Kill Scooby and bring back the Phantom!)

-Foe-

Kill Scoobys Haunted Castle WTF is wrong with you? Thats one attraction that is highly popular among families its much more popular than PT was sadly PT scared younger guests also toward the end of its life cycle it was falling apart and never was prop taken care of ... and yes sadly PT is long gone and scooby is much more popular but if you wish to see PT again I know that KI brings out the old themes from PT for FearFest.

Also FYI,Coke will remain in KI for the next 10 years since PKI just signed a 10 year-deal with Coke.

First: Does it really matter if it's necessarily POPULAR? KI could build a ride called Spongebob's Adventure inside a building but it could have no thing to do with Spongebob at all. Would it be popular? Yes. But would the ride suck? Yes. Same with Scooby-Doo. That ride was EMBARASSING. When I rode that thing for the first time, throughout the entire ride I was thinking "They replaced Phantom Theater with this peace of poo?" Sorry, but Scooby-Doo is a bad ride. Half-way through riding it my gun stopped working. There is no real story at all. All the characters are 2D cutouts. You can see wirework and fire extenguishers throughout the ride. I don't recall having ANY of that in Phantom...

Second: About PT. Phantom Theater was an excellent ride, on par with The Haunted Mansion at WDW/DLR. It had a very simple story, some great animations, and a wonderful attention to detail. I remember when I was very young, all I wanted to do was ride PT. Over and over again. So what if it scares young kids? So does Haunted Mansion, but does Disney close that? Plus, it could make its triumphant return... someday. Pretty much of all of the props and robotics are just in storage. They could put it back together.

...if they wanted to...

-Foe-