PKIDelirium

Cedar Fair Purchases Paramount Parks

Whose ready for Cedar Point Cincinnati & Soak City Kings Island !!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Snoopy and the rest of the peanuts gang next season...I know they stated it was uncertain if snoopy and co. would be appearing at KI but I have a good feeling that we will be seeing them.

Yeah I know Nick will remain in tact for 4 years but CF may not want to pay for the rights when the contract expires however I hear scooby doo will remain in tact until his contract expires in 2013.

But I will double check.

so, TRexrage, what happened to your theory about "it wont be who you think it will" when people were guessing who would buy it?

so, TRexrage, what happened to your theory about "it wont be who you think it will" when people were guessing who would buy it?

My Theory??? wasnt a theory... I was trying to throw you all of the path... I've known for a while paramount parks were in talks with CF for a while. ;)

I guess your all a little to smart ;)

My Theory??? wasnt a theory... I was trying to throw you all of the path... I've known for a while paramount parks were in talks with CF for a while. ;)

I guess your all a little to smart ;)

of course :rolleyes: :lol:

Hello PKI fans. I guess it would be safe to say welcome to the family.

I love PKI. Even though I live 3 1/2 hours away I've been a gold pass holder since 2001. I think that Cedar Fair will be good for the park though I am not too happy about a full monopoly in Ohio. The friendly competition between Cedar Point and Kings Island has finally come to an end.

I can see a lot of good coming your way. Using my home park, Geauga Lake, as an example, Cedar Fair has so far done wonders in cleaning it up and fixing the mistakes Six Flags left when they purchased the park in 2004. There's still a lot of work to do but there is much progress. Our new water park, Wildwater Kingdom, is truly a huge improvement over our old water park. Raging Wolf Bobs has been completely retracked and is much smoother than it ever has been in years. The atmosphere is better as well. The attendance at GL has been flat the past two years but I feel that things will continue to improve there in the next few years.

I can see a lot of paint being used in the park in the next few years. I know Coney Mall needs to be updated. I also hope that the Racer will return to its patriotic color scheme of old in the process. It will also be interesting to see what they will do with Son of Beast. I don't think there is much more they will do with Papa since it's already been neutered with the magnetic brakes (though it is still my favorite wooden coaster).

I am happy that the Nickelodeon characters are staying. I feel this is vital in keeping CP and PKI seperate from each other. If Cedar Fair is smart, they will continue to license them after the four years is up. They are a marketable gold mine and are much more popular than Snoopy ever will be. As for the movie tie-ins, do you think it's really a vital part of Kings Island? The park will survive whether they keep them or not thought I'd like them to keep Drop Zone, Face/Off, and Tomb Raider (they can rename Top Gun).

My main concern regarding PKI is that some of the wonderful atmosphere may diminish. There is nothing like walking into International Street at opening with the Eiffel Tower and fountains in front of you and just know that you are in a special place. It's a feeling that is hard for me to describe but it hits me every time. My hope is that this never changes.

Cedar Fair is known for removing trees and replacing with wide swaths of concrete. If you've been to Cedar Point you know what I'm referring to. I am hoping that this doesn't happen to PKI even though Action Zone is already like this.

These are minor observations:

What will happen to the chain restaurants in the park? Cedar Fair isn't really into chains except Johnny Rockets but I hope they don't get rid of Skyline Chili or Bubba Gumps.

I guess we can say goodbye to all the cool perks that came with our Gold Passes. I always enjoyed the early ride times in April/May and the Walk On Weekends. I never had a chance to check out the Nights of Fire (hopefully this year) and will WinterFest return in 2007? (loved the photos you have on the site).

Sorry for my long rant. I wanted to chime in on my thoughts regarding the sale and the park. Keep up the good work with EPKI. It's a very well done fan site.

Edited by Geauga Dog

If Cedar Fair is smart, they will continue to license them after the four years is up. They are a marketable gold mine and are much more popular than Snoopy ever will be

Snoopy & The Peanuts Gang are way more popular with people than Nick is.. Nick is mostly popular with kids. Snoopy is popular among adults and kids same with Scooby Doo.

The Truth is....Snoopy & The Peanuts gang have been around longer and have much larger fan base....

So I wouldnt call Nick a gold mine because Snoopy & Company are more profitable than nick is.

I have heard that CF may only be throwin money at paramount to keep Spongebob and Oddparents but I guess time will tell.

I think if you asked a kid who they knew better, SpongeBob or Snoopy, they will almost always say SpongeBob. There is a SpongeBob TV show, is in all kinds of ADs, a popular character in Nickelodeon Magazine, and more. Snoopy lives at a theme park and is in a few news papers.

As well as these things may be true, I still think that it's better for PKI to have it's NU area. Putting in the Peanuts would be just losing part of KI's great atmosphere. I'm hoping Cedar Fair doesn't do this. Nick has been a growing part of Kings Island since they put the Slime Zone in back in the mid 90's.

Like T-Rex said, Snoopy is more popular with people in general, but I think with kids, Spongebob is bigger. And also, what makes better rides is another question. I think Nick makes better rides becuase of the fact that the "adventures" that the characters have on those shows are much bigger and more "ride worthy" so to speak. Both Peanuts and the Nick shows are great and some of my personal favorites, but the Nick ones include more elements that can be imported into realistic rides IMO.

By the way Geauga Dog, are you the same G-Dog that posts on URC?

Snoopy may be more popular with people in general but I would also say that the Hanna-Barbera characters were just as popular. Most people bringing their kids to the park today pretty much grew up with the them - the Flintstones are my favorite HB cartoons.

Kids today can't relate to HB except Scooby Doo and that's why it was rather surprising that PKI kept Hanna-Barbera Land for as long as they did since the other Paramount parks had pretty much already removed them. Because of this brand identification I feel it would be in Cedar Fair's best interest to keep the licensing for Nick for as long as possible.

There is much more opportunity for Nick-related attractions in comparison to the Peanuts though one cool idea is to do a dark ride based on the Great Pumpkin.

MrPKI, yes I am the same G-Dog from URC. I'm looking forward to partaking in further discussions about Kings Island.

So Guys look the new sign that Paramount put in about a year ago and it States Paramounts Kings Island.LoL It is funny.Changes my people changes more than you can image. :spongebob: mabe gone from Kings Island . Yea that is a good thing no more Spongebob in the FX Theater.Nick Universe=Peanut's Worlds.Here is some name changes for the rides that are possible names.

Crocodile Dundees Boomerang Bay=Boomerang Bay

Tomb Raider=The Cave.

Drop Zone Stunt Tower=Stunt Tower

Face Off=Boomerang

Timmy's Air Tours= Flight of the Red Barron

Farily Odd Coaster=The Beastie

Top Gun=Air Force 1

Planktons Plunge=Snoopy's Drop

The Runnaway Reptar=Charlie Browns Big Jackoff(JK humor).

Itilian Job=Hollywood Stunt Track

Now for some much needed improvement.All rides get a new paint job. Add some new little rides to Coney.New steel roller coaster.Fix the cars on Son of Beast.There is many more stuff that could be done.

There will be both good things come out of this deal and some stuff that we will lear to live with. There will still be compalnts about the park even when it was Paramount we did not really have good opions some times. We need to wait and see what comes about.Now it is time for the Ceader Fair revolution.

Fix the cars on Son of Beast.

With the track smoother, there is no need to. Also, why would Timmy's Airtours become The BEastie? Don't you mean the Fairly Odd Coaster? :huh:

Fix the cars on Son of Beast.

With the track smoother, there is no need to. Also, why would Timmy's Airtours become The BEastie? Don't you mean the Fairly Odd Coaster? :huh:

I put that Timmys Air tours the plane things as The fligth of the Red Barron. An I put down The Fairly Odd Coaster as the Beastie.

Actually, Paramount has begun to take Crocodile Dundee out of the Boomerang Bay title, specifically with Carowinds and Great America's water parks. And I believe they'll be doing the same to Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominon's once PKD gets their water park upgrade (it's almost inevitable, trust me).

But about the ride re-names, I had a few ideas for at least three ride re-themes:

-Italian Job: Stunt Track--->Route 666

Taking on more dangers and obstacles than its predecessor, race through the demonic ruins of L.A. in an attempt to escape a cataclysmic Armageddon in specially-designed all-terrain-vehicles. Dodge flaming car wrecks, chase through pitch-black tunnels and narrowly escape a gruesome death from confronting a demon-possesed army helicopter in this one-of-a-kind ride experience.

-Tomb Raider: The Ride--->Curse of the Jade Snake

At the base of the Congo lie the long-forgotten ruins of the Jade Snake Temple. Now, through the aid of a mysterious cave with heiroglyphics inscribed into it, you and your fellow companions journey deep into the heart of a foreboding ancient temple. As stone walls give way to others, guests proceed through mysterious chambers, engraved with strange, runic symbols and the debris of failed expeditions, as a sense of impending doom grows. In an attempt to get closer to the mighty treasures of the fabled Jade Snake, guests buckle up inside a special gyrating elevator....and the most ground-breaking adventure around, as guests come face-to-face with glistening, razor-sharp stalactites and roiling, red-hot lava pits, twisting and turning as you struggle against the fury of ghastly dangers of the Jade Snake in a desperate effort to escape! So strap yourselves in and hold on tight.

-White Water Canyon--->Expedition: CONGO

Congo Expedition Tours Inc. is now officially open, and guests can now take a leisurly (spelling?) trip along the mighty Congo itself. Although, it may be TOO mighty, as guests are drawn off-course and head straight into the carnivorous jungle, brushing past hungry crocodiles, deadly hippopotamuses, and the infamous Anaconda. And while there are some pleasant scenic opportunities along the way, it's not time to take a picture as guests are then rushed through a burning expedition camp, thrown into a collapsing temple, and sent down a raging waterfall. Take the tour guides' advice at the front desk when they say that you WILL get wet.

Yeah Peanuts are more popular but just wanted throw some new facts at you all

Oct 2006- Snoopy vs The Red Baron will be released on PS2

Spring 2007- Charlie Brown's All-Star Baseball will be released on PS2

Snoopy is popular more than you think

also I just got word and read in the Hollywood Reporter that Hanna-Barbera Productions and WB are bringing Yogi Bear,Scooby Doo,The Jetsons to the Big-Screen

Yogi Bear set to be released Summer 2008( Yogi & Boo-Boo will be CGI while interacting with real actors ala Scooby Doo,Garfield.

The Jetsons set be released 2009 w/ a brand new toon on the CW

Scooby-Doo 3:Pup Named Scooby-Doo set to be relesed Halloween 2007 as a Direct-to-Video Prequal the Film stars Matthew Lillard Once again as Shaggy & Linda Cardellini as Velma,Neil Fanning is providing the voice of Scooby.

I honestly wouldnt say Peanuts arent popular with kids because they are with new video games coming out new DVDs,New Holiday Programs being made.. and HB is somewhat popular I mean just the other day I seen Fred Flintstone on Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Yeah The JETSONS and Yogi arent popular with kids yet..but just wait I know soon they will get popular I mean look at what the garfield movie did for garfield can you say kids love him!

Edited by TRexRage1993

Ive seen the episode of Billy and Mandy with Fred, but I dont believe they ever mention his name so the kids still wouldnt know who he is... just some random caveman that was dug up by Billy.

Guest THE Son of Beast

LOL of course IJ;ST is staying with the same name! OMG! LMAO! they would have to retheme the whole frickin ride....rcpro got to thi first :P

I re-read that Hollywood Reporter and I totally left out Hong Kong Phooey its states

-Hong Kong Phooey TBA- CGI & Live-action it also states Phooey may be getting a new cartoon for Cartoon Network an american anime-styled toon.

Yeah I have also seen Yogi Bear on Billy and Mandy Cartoon Network mixs in the classic HB characters in there shows from time to time.

Honestly I really think this is how CF will change things... re-theme the hollywood themed rides but keep NICK and add in the peanuts characters to roam International street and Coney Mall while the NICK characters remain in NU also I strongly feel Scooby will stay at the park until his rights are up also I think he'll stay at the meet and greet at The Haunted Castle.

-I think a Snoopy Show may happen

-I think more intense rides will start to show up in at least 3 - 5 years

-I think KI will be better off under CF control