Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Will the Point buy the Island?

more and more reports of interested parties... I wonder if we will start seeing other articles talking about any other companies... If we don't, Cedar Fair may be making some final moves.

I heard from somebody, that Cedar Fair was the top runners for the parks, don't know how accurate that is though. Don't really care untill it actually happens. Im still not sure about the whole Cedar Fair buying though. If they do buy KI, that pretty much elminates there competition from Ohio, which means why update the park, when you own all of them. Not saying they would do this, but it has to come into your mind. But then again it is Cedar Fair and the are somewhat known for there big rides and everything so maybe they will invest one in at KI if they decide to buy paramount parks. I just hope whoever buys the parks doesn't let it go to waste. NO matter how cheap Paramount is running things this year, it's still a nice park and will draw excellent attendance numbers every summer.

here would be my concern... Cedar Point is Cedar Fairs flagship park, obviously. I know they update the others, but not nearly as often. What would happen if KI, another large park, surpassing the 3 million visitor mark just like CP does every year. Would we still get new rides pretty frequently, or almost never? I do wonder how they would treat the Paramount Parks.

^Excellent pont cewldre, I've notvied that KBF and CP seem to get the most attention out of the CF parks, granted all CF parks are beautiful parks with some fantastic stuff but even KBF doesnt always get something new where CP does, I hope with KI's fame and attendance that it gets equal treatment and we continue to get something new each year, we've been pretty spoiled with all owners getting a new attraction each year, I believe only one year we didnt get an attraction.

Another little thing maybe Cedar Fair might be looking to purchase a park with already excellent attendance numbers(PKI). Cedar Fair is pretty much landlocked. It seems the only way to get a new ride up their is tear something down, whether it be a water ride, a hotel or whatever. They tried out Geauga Lake but the attendance really didn't come last year. Whats the easiest way to elminate the competition...just buy it and make it yours.

well, that's exactly what I am worried about... You buy the competition, let it slowly die a painful death, then everyone flocks to the flagship. Now, I dont think that would happen, but I suppose it could. I am sure sandusky would really like the boost it would bring to tourism. Anyways, they have their ups and downs for PKI. It could bring a monopoly control and bring prices up. It could also cause prices to lower, just as CP did this year. We'd have to wait and see on that. Any chain the buys the park will have its potential perks and its downfalls...

The reason they update parks is so somebody will come.

If you could build a ride compareable to Mili-Force at CP for 25 million dollars and get 3 million in attendance (what PKI averages now) I heard a figure somewhere that PKI makes (after paying workers and things like that) 40 million dollars. Thats a 15 million dollar profit from a 25 million dollar investment.

Inevestments like that will almost ALWAYS pay off unless somthing unforseable happens.

Why not make 15 million dollars?

What about the themes that are at KI? Cedar Point has a different cast of characters than Kings Island. I would wonder if a lot of the initial changes that Cedar Point would make at KI would be theme changes? Hopefully they buy the rights and just keep the excellent theme rides at KI as they are, for the most part. It would be unfortunate if new rides were put on hold because CF had to spend so much money changing names and themes.

I think that there's a definite advantage to CF keeping as many of the current themes as possible. This issue makes me wonder if they will look at buying out more Paramount parks? If they spend money to own the Paramount theme names, why not expand to other parks? However, when CF bought GL, they were forced to loose the Six Flags themes. Just throwing out a thought.

but GL was one park run by a chain who had the rights to the Marvel theme... CF just bought a whole chain of parks who wont just be leaving a chain, they are the chain. It's a different situation.

Guest THE Son of Beast

hes right^ its DC comics....this is the best thing to happen since the beast