Sign in to follow this  
Rivertown

EIFFEL TOWER

Has anyone ever noticed at the top of the eiffel tower there is what looks to be an air conditioner? Is there anything up top like a room? I am a dork who just thinks Kings Island is the coolest place and I wanna know all I can bout it.

Yeah...but they have little airconditioners directly on them. How stupid would it be to run piping from the top to the bottom for AC?

Yeah...but they have little airconditioners directly on them. How stupid would it be to run piping from the top to the bottom for AC?

that'd be one pretty long hose that would just get ruined when the elevator kept going up and down.

Another Eiffel Tower question, why did they remove the "pole" antenna? I don't think it was because so that Drop Zone could be a bit taller than ET. The antenna was removed few years before Drop Zone was intsalled. 1993 or '94 was when the antenna was removed.

I think it was removed because of lightning. Why? Well, because when the antenna was there, there was probably no lightning rod on the antenna and the strobe lights kept breaking when lightning struck the tower numerous times and they had to climb all the way to the top to fix the strobes or replace the strobes and two antennas (structure antenna and pole antenna) didn't have ladders on them before they removed the antenna. Could that be why they removed the antenna?

PKD's tower even still has the pole antenna.

Just thought maybe you guys knows the answer, though.

Edited by Derek

Uh...but all the cold air would be induced out of the pipe and you would be heating the air around the pipe...

This is what I heard. The park removed the antenna from The Eiffel Tower so that The Drop Zone could take the title as being the tallest ride in the park. I was told this from a elevator attendent on the ride in summer of 2004.

you guys are missing the real truth... The air conditioner on the top of the tower is there at a central location to cool the enitre park.... :rolleyes:

I think there is a air conditioning at the top of the tower. Or it comes from Skyline Chilli.lol. :D

Edited by Bigbear